Lost Ark Online

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Digging Arty, no idea what to put skill points into but assuming you can respec anytime it isn’t a big deal.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So, last night I did some comparisons of NA's cash shop vs RU. Keeping in mind that we don't know what Amazon will be charging for Royal Crystals yet and that things could change between now and release. In RU it costs 1000 rubles for 1000 RC, which equates to $14.00 USD. So, we can safely assume that AGS will charge between $10 and $15. For this comparison we'll just go with the low end at $10 for 1000 RC. (Also wanted to point out the usual shit, the minimum amounts of BC you can buy for RC are 200 and 400, and Crystalline Aura cost 420 BC, lol. And if anyone thinks about "oh, I need some gold, let me grab 400 BC for 1000 RC and sell them." Nope, remember every 100 BC you sell costs you 80 RC in tax.)

• NA 400 Blue Crystals = 1000 Royal Crystals / RU 1000 BC = 800 RC​
  • NA Pet = 1400 RC / RU Pet = 429-579 RC​
  • NA Mount = 1800 RC / RU Mount = 580 RC​
  • NA Outfit = 2300 RC / RU Outfit = 549-849 RC​
  • NA Name Change = 1800 RC / RU Name Change = 579 RC​
  • NA Extra Character Slot = 900 RC / RU Character Slot = 300 RC​

Even assuming the low end of $10 for 1000 RC these prices are rapetastic. With the RC tax, every time a player buys BC to then buy an Aura, Amazon gets like $15 bucks, a fucking sub price for that lame shit. 9 bucks for a friggin character slot. (Why they don't allow players to sell these on the AH has always been mind boggling to me.) Also, at this time (could change), no mounts or pets are available for BC which goes against what AGS said about "only things like Founders Packs and service items will be RC only."

Their whole shtick of "you can use gold to get anything from the cash shop!!1!!11!" just doesn't take into consideration that unlike most other MMOs, gold earning in LA is finite, you can't just go gather/craft/grind for gold and only be limited by your time investment. Plus, as I've mentioned, the demand for BC is going to drive the gold price through the roof.

Looks like AGS has a nice combo going of clueless+greedy going...​

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If it is fun I don’t mind spending the sub cost every month, I got more money then time these days anyway.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Prices look similar to BDO. Which I find definitely on the high side, but I also didn't feel like spending that much money anyway. Like I got some costume for my Guardian to get the full underboob style going, and I think I wanted to get the fishing costume for diving but didn't end up buying it before quitting. There was also the cooking costume that was really nice for crafting(which feels pretty P2W/meh) but I didn't end up buying that either.

900RC for char slots sounds like fuck ass shit though. Not sure what's the baseline however, I know BDO char slots were "only" 3euros but you needed a shit ton of them because the initial cap was only like 5 which is insultingly low. This part I definitely hate.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm a pretty big fan of LA and always intended to sub. I'm also firmly in the "I'm not 14 and have disposable income, plus devs need to make money somehow" club but honestly the cash shop concerns are 100% valid. AGS have not shown that they have any clue whatsoever and they need to provide more transparency on this ASAP.

Pretty much everything that they've modified or worked on has been absolute dogshit. They need to just not touch things and not mess up the cash shop. As an example, they wanted to implement PVP earlier (because NA audience don't want to wait till level 50 - a valid concern). Unfortunately they completely fucked up scaling. This was my first PVP match - I was playing with my dog sitting on me and access to only one hand once I realized that the opposite team really could not kill me because of the scaling. So smart idea, implementation that will drive people away. It would be better if they just didn't touch it.

Attachments

• PVP3.png
    PVP3.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If it is fun I don’t mind spending the sub cost every month, I got more money then time these days anyway.
Yeah I reckon I'll spend at least $20/mnth for a few months at least and I frankly don't give even the slightest fuck

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm a pretty big fan of LA and always intended to sub. I'm also firmly in the "I'm not 14 and have disposable income, plus devs need to make money somehow" club but honestly the cash shop concerns are 100% valid. AGS have not shown that they have any clue whatsoever and they need to provide more transparency on this ASAP.

Pretty much everything that they've modified or worked on has been absolute dogshit. They need to just not touch things and not mess up the cash shop. As an example, they wanted to implement PVP earlier (because NA audience don't want to wait till level 50 - a valid concern). Unfortunately they completely fucked up scaling. This was my first PVP match - I was playing with my dog sitting on me and access to only one hand once I realized that the opposite team really could not kill me because of the scaling. So smart idea, implementation that will drive people away. It would be better if they just didn't touch it.

Jeez. Looks like you may as well went in solo.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Well all the classes are viable (they are single digit percentage points apart in almost all cases) but paladin and bard (and gunlancer to a bit lesser extent) will always have spots in groups if KR/RU are anything to go by - for example saw a video this week showing class distribution by tiers in KR and Pally was a mere 4.1% of players in that tier, and they are currently at the top slightly edging bard in group support. Between bard/paladin there was barely 12% at end game meaning 88% of the players are playing a dps class (plus warlord/gunlancer). Not sure how that will shake out here, as I suspect the paladin in particular will be MUCH more popular due to western preferences but it's a great choice and a fun class.

Bear in mind that paladin levels pretty well as DPS but at end game you'll basically be switching to full support gear for anything other than PVP (pvp too if you want to be more effective as support).

Seeing almost no love for infighter (not sure of the name on US/EU... scrapper maybe?) which is weird to me as that class seems like the best "showcase" class for the game and is really great and smooth to play. I just wish we were getting lancemaster instead of Striker ffs

Haha, yeah, I've been watching videos all morning and Pally/Scapper are the two I'm most leaning towards now!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Haha, yeah, I've been watching videos all morning and Pally/Scapper are the two I'm most leaning towards now!

Going to try Pally next.

So I wound up making 2 long ass macros that I can toggle any time I want off and on. Playing with just mouse buttons at this point. I also remmaped the space bat to the shield key for Gunlancer since I can't stand that half ass back step.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Scrapper is a really good beginner friendly class that's intuitive and solid throughout end game. Also, big fists!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Going to try Pally next.

So I wound up making 2 long ass macros that I can toggle any time I want off and on. Playing with just mouse buttons at this point. I also remmaped the space bat to the shield key for Gunlancer since I can't stand that half ass back step.
I started out as a Gunlancer but quit and tried pally for a while. The slowness and the lack of a real dodge drove me crazy. I'm really enjoying the paladin but from what I read and watched at endgame your mainly support class like a bard and that's it. You won't be viable as a DPS. So bard as the female support and pally as the male version.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This game's combat is very interesting. But the fucking cutscenes and bland world and quests is kind of hard to get through.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I started out as a Gunlancer but quit and tried pally for a while. The slowness and the lack of a real dodge drove me crazy. I'm really enjoying the paladin but from what I read and watched at endgame your mainly support class like a bard and that's it. You won't be viable as a DPS. So bard as the female support and pally as the male version.

This is accurate. Paladin's are support and any who try to play as DPS (some do) will be frowned upon and disliked.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You can kinda get away with pally dps in end game pvp but depends on your comp. In PVE you are strictly support, and you will never be able to spec to dps and be comparable to real dps classes and I'm glad it's that way tbh. There are a dozen+ dps classes and 2 genuine supports.

If anything, I think the game needs a new support-type class

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Be cool to see some kind of area denial class, puts up walls, push and pulls mobs around etc.

• 1Like