Lost Ark Online

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah they go into an adventurers tome that has a little reward track for 100%'ing the zone.

I played briefly on RU and it's nice being able to understand what most things are now =O

Hard mode dungeons feel just the right amount of non brain dead for solo so I'm digging that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There’s no way I could’ve handled this in another language. There’s so much shit all over the place as is. Not being able to read and at least try to deduce wtf something is for would drive me nuts. Like I can see there are several currencies. The only one I’ve found a use for so far is teleporting.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So put in a couple hours, enjoying it. There is so much...stuff and systems I have no idea wth I’m doing. This many systems seems like it would be overwhelming but it’s not so far, I just want to find out what things are. It helps they didn’t just unlock everything you can do right away.

Did some questing, killed a few bosses, got a horse. Buddy logged off so I started another character to check it out. Hope to get a good feel for 3 or 4 classes in this short week we get to play it.

Right now I’m wondering wth the point of registering certain random items is for. The items with the little page icons in the lower right of the full icon. You right click them and they go to an adventure log or something? Are they turning into some kind of currency?

Yep. Lotta systems. This is why every time I try to explain something it turns into a 5 paragraph mishmash of text vomit.

The adventure log gives rewards every 10% of completion. You increase completion with those clickies and certain crafted/found food items, plus story (main quest and hidden quests) doing the dungeons (on normal and hard) and maxing affinity with npcs. The main rewards you want to look for/work toward are the skill point potions. 100% completion is for psychos.

And, yeah there are tons of currencies. Like several dozen. There used to be more, this is the trimmed down version, lol.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Is it wrong that I pre-ordered this but don't have the energy to play?

And I am unemployed at the moment. WTF is wrong with me? Getting old.

I am still working towards red maps in the PoE league and playing Battletech.

I may just wait for release.

So lazy.

Edit - I installed the 63 GB closed beta. Lol. I suppose............

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Got to level 50 and definitely need to work on my path and efficiency, as I got to Vern already level 50. I was a bit concerned that without the account exp the leveling process would be more challenging but it really wasn't -- easily doable in about 11 hours. There are still some minor audio and translation issues but really, the game is good to go and hoping they announce release date soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Combat gameplay feels quite good and I am not a fan of isometric ARPG stuff. Did they announce anything about when they'll release classes? I wanted to try Sorceress, I've tried Bard and Summoner but I want fireballs.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Well shit, I was VERY sure I was going to go Shadowhunter, but wanted to try bard as well. Played a couple hours of Shadow hunter... not bad, not 100% sure I'm feeling it. Decide to roll up a bard - test it out annnnnnd hate it. Tried summoner out too, hated that even more. Then I was like "Might as well roll up one of every archetype so I can test out all the classes in the test arena thing at the start" and now I have no idea what I'm going to play. A few I thought I was going to like didn't connect at all, and a couple I almost didn't even test (for example Paladin) seemed really cool. But yeah, now there are like 5 classes I really want to look at instead of 2, and I only have access to the beta for 2 days (traveling for work).

Anyone who's put some hours into this have a favorite? I get that they are all more or less equal from a "who's the best" standpoint, but from a "This class is a fucking blast to play" standpoint?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pets from the store roll with random stat bonuses that require monthly $$ upkeep to keep active.

giphy.gif
They don't seem to work ATM, at the crit buff doesn't show up on my stat sheet.

Edit: They do work, I just didn't have any crit for the buff to work on.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Anyone know a guide for up to date builds? Been leveling a paladin and not sure where to put some of my points.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Got to level 50 and definitely need to work on my path and efficiency, as I got to Vern already level 50. I was a bit concerned that without the account exp the leveling process would be more challenging but it really wasn't -- easily doable in about 11 hours. There are still some minor audio and translation issues but really, the game is good to go and hoping they announce release date soon.

You need to be level 50 Before you get to the main city in Vern. One of the main story quests there requires level 50. It's better to be a little over then have to backtrack to Athertine. IIRC you can be ~300k shy of level 50 when you leave Athertine and still make it in time.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Account exp?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If someone needs one.
9QVWX-9RVH7-248VD

Got from twitch so not sure if it will work or not!

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well shit, I was VERY sure I was going to go Shadowhunter, but wanted to try bard as well. Played a couple hours of Shadow hunter... not bad, not 100% sure I'm feeling it. Decide to roll up a bard - test it out annnnnnd hate it. Tried summoner out too, hated that even more. Then I was like "Might as well roll up one of every archetype so I can test out all the classes in the test arena thing at the start" and now I have no idea what I'm going to play. A few I thought I was going to like didn't connect at all, and a couple I almost didn't even test (for example Paladin) seemed really cool. But yeah, now there are like 5 classes I really want to look at instead of 2, and I only have access to the beta for 2 days (traveling for work).
Many classes play differently at max level and even more so after acquiring certain engravings. As a bard you don't get much of your supporting spells until mid to max levels. Not to say you can't get a general feel, but level 10/20/30 vs level 50 may feel different.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Anyone who's put some hours into this have a favorite? I get that they are all more or less equal from a "who's the best" standpoint, but from a "This class is a fucking blast to play" standpoint?
Well all the classes are viable (they are single digit percentage points apart in almost all cases) but paladin and bard (and gunlancer to a bit lesser extent) will always have spots in groups if KR/RU are anything to go by - for example saw a video this week showing class distribution by tiers in KR and Pally was a mere 4.1% of players in that tier, and they are currently at the top slightly edging bard in group support. Between bard/paladin there was barely 12% at end game meaning 88% of the players are playing a dps class (plus warlord/gunlancer). Not sure how that will shake out here, as I suspect the paladin in particular will be MUCH more popular due to western preferences but it's a great choice and a fun class.

Bear in mind that paladin levels pretty well as DPS but at end game you'll basically be switching to full support gear for anything other than PVP (pvp too if you want to be more effective as support).

Seeing almost no love for infighter (not sure of the name on US/EU... scrapper maybe?) which is weird to me as that class seems like the best "showcase" class for the game and is really great and smooth to play. I just wish we were getting lancemaster instead of Striker ffs

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Class design is incredible (but really weird in my opinion) for this game. Traditionally, I always play plate / melee with an emphasis on tankiness however I absolutely can't get into Gunlancer. What aggravates the situation considerably is just how different classes end up playing at max and how absolutely critical personal feel is for whatever you pick. Personally, I dislike both the assassins & mages presently available. I would recommend Berserker for melee, Soulfist for mid ranged play, & Gunslinger for ranged from a purely 'fun to play' standpoint. The low level character progression is also vastly different between some classes (for instance, I find leveling a Scouter to be absolute garbage but at max level they're insanely fun). It's really worth going to Trixon and testing out a bunch to see what ends up working best for you.

You need to be level 50 Before you get to the main city in Vern. One of the main story quests there requires level 50. It's better to be a little over then have to backtrack to Athertine. IIRC you can be ~300k shy of level 50 when you leave Athertine and still make it in time.

Yes, it's been a long time since I had level'd to max without using a boost or catch up. I had remembered to skip all non essential quests up to Arthertine, as the last quest before seeing the queen gives about half a level. This time however, I had about an extra level worth of extra exp (I capped out before the last dungeon turn in) which means I had done wayy too much extra stuff. Apparently, the new 'quickest' method is to only perform the action quests from Tortoyk onwards (+MSQ of course) so might end up giving this a try to see how it feels from a pace of game perspective.

Account exp?

If you hit "O" it'll pull open your account exp, which provides small boosts. A lot of the skill pots you get are also account wide, so when you're leveling up a fresh character the process is easier, especially on KR where I've already collected / level'd up considerably. Based on this, I had incorrectly assumed that the new character experience would be a lot more challenging than it previously was and played sub optimally while leveling (I invested more points into AOE clear at low level instead of movement speed increase on my dashes by virtue of my lazyness of switching builds constantly for instance).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Class design is incredible (but really weird in my opinion) for this game. Traditionally, I always play plate / melee with an emphasis on tankiness however I absolutely can't get into Gunlancer. What aggravates the situation considerably is just how different classes end up playing at max and how absolutely critical personal feel is for whatever you pick. Personally, I dislike both the assassins & mages presently available. I would recommend Berserker for melee, Soulfist for mid ranged play, & Gunslinger for ranged from a purely 'fun to play' standpoint. The low level character progression is also vastly different between some classes (for instance, I find leveling a Scouter to be absolute garbage but at max level they're insanely fun). It's really worth going to Trixon and testing out a bunch to see what ends up working best for you.

Yes, it's been a long time since I had level'd to max without using a boost or catch up. I had remembered to skip all non essential quests up to Arthertine, as the last quest before seeing the queen gives about half a level. This time however, I had about an extra level worth of extra exp (I capped out before the last dungeon turn in) which means I had done wayy too much extra stuff. Apparently, the new 'quickest' method is to only perform the action quests from Tortoyk onwards (+MSQ of course) so might end up giving this a try to see how it feels from a pace of game perspective.

If you hit "O" it'll pull open your account exp, which provides small boosts. A lot of the skill pots you get are also account wide, so when you're leveling up a fresh character the process is easier, especially on KR where I've already collected / level'd up considerably. Based on this, I had incorrectly assumed that the new character experience would be a lot more challenging than it previously was and played sub optimally while leveling (I invested more points into AOE clear at low level instead of movement speed increase on my dashes by virtue of my lazyness of switching builds constantly for instance).

Can not express this enough, you have been immensely helpful my friend!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Going from bard to darkblade/winddancer really shows the dps differences. Bard I felt like i'd never die and lots of AOE/CC options but the other two just obliterate stuff.