Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The upgrade system looked really easy in the western version though. I think I read we somewhat have T2 patches but without the T2 content which makes the T1 content trivial to gear for? You can still make alts to pool ressources but it didn't look like it was super necessary and people already had gear to do the hardest content in the current beta in less than a week(not perfect gear or anything but perfect gear isn't super relevant from what I understand, once you have the basics down you can keep improving 1% dps here and there by dumping stupid amount of ressources, but it has little impact).

I gave a bunch of the endgame content a run just to see what it was and to compare with the googledoc guide thing so I didn't get confused reading it. I played my Scrapper(infighter, KR sure loves that name, it's like 3rd mmo I see that name, and it's always translated to different stuff in english) for these and overall I think I'll play that for release, it's a nice enough class to learn fights cause it's a bunch tankier than summoner/gunslinger which should make it easier to learn.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Think I've just about decided on Pally at launch - going to fire up the RU account this week and level up a lancemaster or reaper for shits and giggles. Really wish this was coming out before the holiday season /sadface

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Honestly, I do hope it is releasing end of march like they said. I have too much stuff to play inbetween, and while it's a fun game, it wouldn't take priority for me. Endwalker in 3weeks, play that for at least a month probably 1.5-2months, into Elden Ring/Total Warhamer 3/Monster Hunter Rise, that'll take me easily to end of march. Shit I might not even be done so I'm not even sure I'll play at launch, or at least not seriously. I might play a bit for login events or whatever since those are usually good at launch in this type of korean game but don't know about fully investing time into it, although maybe I won't waste too much time in those other games and have nothing to do.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The upgrade system looked really easy in the western version though. I think I read we somewhat have T2 patches but without the T2 content which makes the T1 content trivial to gear for? You can still make alts to pool ressources but it didn't look like it was super necessary and people already had gear to do the hardest content in the current beta in less than a week(not perfect gear or anything but perfect gear isn't super relevant from what I understand, once you have the basics down you can keep improving 1% dps here and there by dumping stupid amount of ressources, but it has little impact).

This beta only had content up to Rohendel. When the game launches, endgame will be after the next continent, Yorn (the dwarves). Shit was easy because we're getting a cobbled together frankenstein version and T1 is ancient content, and there's islands, the tower and shit that gives t1 mats. Difficulty ramps up after T1. Trying to do stuff with entry level GS will wreck you. You will still want at least a couple of alts. Not just for mats, but also for silver. Silver costs increase at a crazy rate and you need it for everything. Lucky for you guys, you don't have to deal with the pre-season 2 shit, where silver wasn't shared between your characters.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Think I've just about decided on Pally at launch - going to fire up the RU account this week and level up a lancemaster or reaper for shits and giggles. Really wish this was coming out before the holiday season /sadface
That’s what I’m playing at NA launch. I chose the first RU server and made a paladin. I’m going to take him to level 50 and see how they are at end game content. The highest I got to was 20ish cause I leveled most of the classes to see how they somewhat felt.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just wanted to say. More US games need a "burglar" setting.

1636687487248.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Any of you guys playing RU on Kratos, once you hit 50 if you need a hand with anything just hit me up here. My Scout is 1417 GS, so most stuff that isn't endgame I can just power through. I avoid some raids though. High ping+pugs+everyone in your group must execute this mechanic perfectly or party wipe and start over is a bit much for my tolerance level. But, like lower tier guardians with one-shot mechanics I can just outdps, as long as everyone else stays outta range to not die. (You need to defeat all Guardians of a tier to move to the next one). And of course, if you have any questions about systems, progression or locations.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Any of you guys playing RU on Kratos, once you hit 50 if you need a hand with anything just hit me up here. My Scout is 1417 GS, so most stuff that isn't endgame I can just power through. I avoid some raids though. High ping+pugs+everyone in your group must execute this mechanic perfectly or party wipe and start over is a bit much for my tolerance level. But, like lower tier guardians with one-shot mechanics I can just outdps, as long as everyone else stays outta range to not die. (You need to defeat all Guardians of a tier to move to the next one). And of course, if you have any questions about systems, progression or locations.
Which server is Kratos? The first or second server? The translation patch doesn’t translate the server listing to English.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Which server is Kratos? The first or second server? The translation patch doesn’t translate the server listing to English.
It should? Pretty sure Kratos is the 1st. Think if you close the translator app the LA patcher will revert it to russian.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Top server defaults to the last server you logged in. But even in Russian you should still be able to tell the difference.

Кратос is Kratos

альдеран is Alderan

1636699604450.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Lancemaster so fluid and fun to play - got up to 20 last night before calling it. Going to roll up Scouter tonight and compare and decide which to focus on for awhile. Reaper also a ton of fun. Really wish we'd gotten one of those 3 classes before Striker, but c'est la vie

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Top server defaults to the last server you logged in. But even in Russian you should still be able to tell the difference.

Кратос is Kratos

альдеран is Alderan

View attachment 381893
On Scouter, how often are you manually positioning your drone? Is it a pain or do you just set it and forget it basically??

Raes

Vyemm Raider
On Scouter, how often are you manually positioning your drone? Is it a pain or do you just set it and forget it basically??

My current loadout I only have two Drone only skills, the lasers and the spin-in-place-machineguns, plus the (second) Awakening, which makes the Drone self-destruct for mega damage. Lasers just moves him to where the cursor is, spinny is a placed circle. I just have to remember to hit Z after them, especially since I'm using Athertine Tech engravings and I only have the runspeed buff while he's following. I sometimes forget to do this before I use my Awakening, which sucks.

My build isn't really optimized though. I'm running a lazy build, where I can use the same skill loadout for both AOE (Chaos) and single-target (Guardians/Bosses) just with different tripods. It's so I don't have to muscle-memorize two different sets.

Edit: Forgot to answer the question: I've never used the manual control. :p

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So many newbies aka sprouts like in FFXIV. Must be an Asian gaming thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_211112_120953.jpg
    Screenshot_211112_120953.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 33

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I haven't logged in ages and have sprout icon. Started Scouter at lunch and so far so good. Really excited to dive in this weekend and play around with him and his really cool looking kit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users