Lost Ark Online

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Trying to level up my gear for the Chaos dungeons. They are easy. BUT I can't move to tier 2 because I keep getting the same pieces of gear. I have enhanced the four I have received. Should I just keep grinding the stones to enhance those further?

Engraving. Just jewelry slots? Where do you get all these "recipes"? Also, these except like five look damn near useless, unless I am reading them wrong.

EDIT: Soon as I post this. Get weapon and pants. Upgraded all. Just need to get some more destruction fragments to hone gear for tier 2!

Game is fun!

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Crossed gunslinger off as well, that's another soulfist. Great class if you are really into Lost Ark.

I need a dumbass class because I'm having trouble getting into the game. It's not about not being willing to play at a high level, but rather getting a foot in the door.

Think it's down to Artillerist or Sharpshooter for range, and then moving to zerker.

I was strongly advised to avoid ranged classes, but I've been trying to force it and find one that fits. Come live, its going to end up being a melee I'm almost certain.

I feel you on this. Only classes that feel right to me are Gunlancer (Like this class was made for me). And like you, Zerker. I hate the build up energy or what to use this skill type. I also hate having to put reticles on the ground. So Gunlancer it is!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I feel you on this. Only classes that feel right to me are Gunlancer (Like this class was made for me). And like you, Zerker. I hate the build up energy or what to use this skill type. I also hate having to put reticles on the ground. So Gunlancer it is!
I cycled through 5 different classes and agree, Gunlancer is a lot more fun and looks like it'll be fun af in the later levels where you're at. Ill check back in on the game when it actually hits retail, though. Aside from little petty shit like spelling errors and such, the game is ready for launch as far as I can tell and from what Ive read about later end content. So if there is something technical, outside of giving other MMO's space to cool off first (New World, Endwalker etc.), then I havent read or seen anything about it. Maybe the changes about the level range and arena, but I dont get why that would be so hard? I guess?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Trying to level up my gear for the Chaos dungeons. They are easy. BUT I can't move to tier 2 because I keep getting the same pieces of gear. I have enhanced the four I have received. Should I just keep grinding the stones to enhance those further?

Engraving. Just jewelry slots? Where do you get all these "recipes"? Also, these except like five look damn near useless, unless I am reading them wrong.

Yes, you'll be upgrading that gear for the remainder of beta to increase your ilvl (can also use the shop to speed up quite a bit).

Engravings come from jewelry slots as well as from your ability stone. The recipes drop / come from a myriad of places (as well as being tradeable on the AH). There are class specific ones and general ones. There would presently be a limited amount of 'ultra awesome' ones.

I cycled through 5 different classes and agree, Gunlancer is a lot more fun and looks like it'll be fun af in the later levels where you're at. Ill check back in on the game when it actually hits retail, though. Aside from little petty shit like spelling errors and such, the game is ready for launch as far as I can tell and from what Ive read about later end content. So if there is something technical, outside of giving other MMO's space to cool off first (New World, Endwalker etc.), then I havent read or seen anything about it. Maybe the changes about the level range and arena, but I dont get why that would be so hard? I guess?

Game is definitely ready to go (arena stuff was already fixed). It's in a totally different spot than New World was though in that, most of the polish and fun comes at end game (where as NW was a lot more fun to play before hitting cap). My last real concern relates to the lack of complete transparency with the cash shop.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Crossed gunslinger off as well, that's another soulfist. Great class if you are really into Lost Ark.

I need a dumbass class because I'm having trouble getting into the game. It's not about not being willing to play at a high level, but rather getting a foot in the door.

Think it's down to Artillerist or Sharpshooter for range, and then moving to zerker.

I was strongly advised to avoid ranged classes, but I've been trying to force it and find one that fits. Come live, its going to end up being a melee I'm almost certain.
I have a 50 zerker in RU and I believe that of all the classes we're getting at launch Berserker is the most noob friendly while providing good deeps and ease of use at end game. It's a straight forward class that does great damage and is pretty easy to pick up. Would definitely recommend that class over the others you've looked at.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Went ahead and installed the RU client. Going to dick around there until release.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished my goal for the beta which was to clear the story up to 50 and unlock the pass the check another class. Ironically the new char has better gear than the first one since I used it right away(also funny the powerpass basically complete more story quests than needed to unlock it, the whole ice island story).

After fiddling around with a bunch of classes up to ~15, I settled on Summoner for the beta, was kinda meh on it at first but enjoyed it once I got a bunch of skills going, many of the better skills are either higher level or require 10points in them to make them good. The 5horses > ancient spear combo was really satisfying and the pets were actually kinda nice. I also liked that it wasn't too complicated to play with multiple ressources to track or whatever, just kinda mash all the buttons and sometimes press W. Did all the sidequests and all the dungeons on hard mode since I figured I wouldn't be doing it again so might as well. Tomorrow before the beta goes down I'll check a bit into the endgame stuff.

Pretty sure I'll be using power pass on Bard once the game goes live, still have to figure out if I want to play Summoner, Scrapper or Gunslinger though. I was kinda interested in Arcana and Lance Master too but these idiots are keeping classes as "content" I guess which is annoying.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do you need a VPN to play it?
Yeah unless obviously you live in one of the country that supports that version(russia and cis basically). There's a bunch of guides on how to register and play, doesn't look too complicated, and you can rent a VPN for like 2bucks for a month or whatever. There's some free ones but shit isn't always the most stable, and you definitely want to turn them off whenever you're doing something else cause free is definitely not super secure. I might do it if I have some free time before the release to check some of the classes not available in the western release, but then again I don't know if I'm going to play this at launch or not, we'll see when it's there if I feel like it.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Can someone explain to me why I can't use this heavy armor engraving? Hell explain engraving period. I just don't get it.

ffffffffff.jpg

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Can someone explain to me why I can't use this heavy armor engraving? Hell explain engraving period. I just don't get it.

Short version? You're trying to use the level 2 version of the skill book when you first need to complete the level 1 version of the skill book. Each versions require 20x of the books to unlock before you'll be able to use them on your rings, so there's a natural progression and makes it so the previous versions of the books maintain a certain value.

As it relates to engravings, they're separated into two aspects: Class specific engravings & general engravings. Your ability stone will grant you (up to a maximum of) +10 into two non-class specific engravings. The abilities which will be present in your ability stone are RNG from a drop perspective, plus extra RNG in terms of when you forge them (and how many points you get into them). Your earrings/rings will also provide a +1-3 boost into random engravings (not to mention the need for your accessories to have good 'stats' --) not all stats are created equal here and depend on your class as to which you should focus on). The engravings books are then used as a boost to further increate or limit the negativity of a specific engraving you're targeting (after you collect your books, you can increase your rings by X amount into the engraving you want, thus providing a whole lot of points).

In addition to all of the above, your ability stone & accessories will also provide a negative engraving. The idea is to balance this out as best you can to maximize the stuff you want and minimize getting too many of the negatives.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. So I didn't have a stone equipped. WTF does a damn stone have to do with engravings!

So I need to take this stone to be faceted I assume. It will give me "good" stats vs "bad" stats. I need to balance that via RNG. So collecting as many stones as possible to appease the RNG gods is what I need to do. I think I was dismantling these because I only see three in my inventory.

I then need to collect 20 recipes to apply this to this ring? That seems like a lot if so.

1636561042811.png

1636561713948.png

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’ve never seen a video where the players don’t look like they’re moving at snails pace. Does movement speed ever pick up at end game or am I spoiled by arpgs? Shits a dealbreaker for me in isometric games , moving like it’s 1999 and I’m loading up icewind dale on my lvl 1.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ok. So I didn't have a stone equipped. WTF does a damn stone have to do with engravings!

So I need to take this stone to be faceted I assume. It will give me "good" stats vs "bad" stats. I need to balance that via RNG. So collecting as many stones as possible to appease the RNG gods is what I need to do. I think I was dismantling these because I only see three in my inventory.

I then need to collect 20 recipes to apply this to this ring? That seems like a lot if so.

You can't really collect them. You buy them off the AH, sometimes we'll get events that give you a stack of 20 boxes that you can choose which ones you want when you open them. A few game activities (affinity (rapport? lol) will give you 2 or 3 like that too.

It's nothing to worry about in beta. 20 (green) level 1 books will give you level 1 of an engraving. Putting those on both rings will give you 6 points (3 each), which is rank 1, which is pretty useless in most cases.

I’ve never seen a video where the players don’t look like they’re moving at snails pace. Does movement speed ever pick up at end game or am I spoiled by arpgs? Shits a dealbreaker for me in isometric games , moving like it’s 1999 and I’m loading up icewind dale on my lvl 1.

Agility stat and some engravings affect move speed, maxes out at like +40% I think. Most people in the beta aren't gonna have anything close to that, and practically none while leveling, since Agility only comes on jewelry and randomly. IMO the base run speed was probably cut in half during development because of this. If you look at the base run speed animation you can tell it looks like your character is (slightly) moving in slow motion. Lots of mmo's do this shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You use a mount most of the time, and the mounts are decently fast. Only time you're on foot usually is in buildings and dungeons, and in the latter you can use movement skills or consumables to speed up some.

As for the stat yeah I maxed swiftness(english official name for it) on my char when I leveled, it added like ~10% to movespeed with it on every piece of gear and 10% from pet, just can't get more really at that point.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As someone who hates slow movement speed it wasn’t really an issue for me in this game. The maps and dungeons are small (some are extremely small, like one room) so it doesn’t seem slow even though the animation look that way.

It doesn’t feel like playing an arpg to me, which is what I was hoping for honestly. The only thing that felt like arpg is the viewing angle.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I stopped doing all the sidequests and just focused on the MSQ, upon watching some youtubes saying thats the fastest way... It really killed any fun I was having, hit about 30 and it was the first time I just stopped from boredom. The whole personal island/stronghold mechanic really turned me off.

Im not sure its necessary content but I just fucking hate it, I felt the same way with the personal island shit in Albion Online, it feels like some lowgrade mobile game that wants to sell me microtransactions when that entire piece of content was presented to me.

Housing in these games just doesn't feel right to me after growing up playing Ultima Online. Just my opinion and more than likely its not even necessary content but if it is... shitty.