Lost Ark Online

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Is it even worth buying gear from vendors for silver? I’ve seen a few vendors sell gear that may be 5 to 10 ilvl higher than currently what I have. Or don’t worry about it since I may out gear it quickly?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is it even worth buying gear from vendors for silver? I’ve seen a few vendors sell gear that may be 5 to 10 ilvl higher than currently what I have. Or don’t worry about it since I may out gear it quickly?
I didn’t play a lot but unless you are struggling or slow I didn’t see a point. I knew I’d out level it pretty fast and was getting things from quests and drops anyways.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider

It's mostly for alts, when the amount of silver they cost is trivial. But, they don't really make much of a difference. Like, you could prolly just keep upgrading your weapon and use the starter armor til 50.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You get a lot of gear just leveling too, I don't think I ever had anything that was too low lvl other than one earring because I didn't notice until like 40 there were 2 earrings(I did notice the 2 rings just so used to XIV so thought it was neck/earring/bracer/2rings but it's neck/2earrings/2rings). And I guess one of my ring was a bit behind cause I kept it for swiftness substat and shit but everything else was always getting updated from main quest reward or MSQ dungeon drop. Also didn't feel like it made much of a difference anyway, shit was just exploding, even bosses were getting melted for the most part(even in hard mode dungeons), was just a matter of picking the right skills to 10 first since they're definitely not all equal and they make a huge difference.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I bought 3k of those crystals. Came to 42 dollars US, just for those interested. I'm definitely playing for at least a couple months. 42 bucks seems...reasonable.

Hit 40 VERY quickly doing what Raes Raes said to to. Took a little over a day. Will probably be 50 tomorrow.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

bbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh you managed to buy crystals? I read it was a pain in the ass with their new system on RU, I checked it out and it didn't take Paypal or Paysafe cards so didn't really bother looking further into it. I actually made a couple of chars to check some classes out, I'm kinda liking Arcana, sucks it's not a release class even though it's apparently one of the older classes. Tried gunslinger, fun but I don't think I can be bothered constantly switching weapons and remember which way to go without looking at the bottom, I think it'd be easier if you could bind the weapons to a direct key instead but I guess there's only 2 keys and 3 weapons.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Oh you managed to buy crystals? I read it was a pain in the ass with their new system on RU, I checked it out and it didn't take Paypal or Paysafe cards so didn't really bother looking further into it. I actually made a couple of chars to check some classes out, I'm kinda liking Arcana, sucks it's not a release class even though it's apparently one of the older classes. Tried gunslinger, fun but I don't think I can be bothered constantly switching weapons and remember which way to go without looking at the bottom, I think it'd be easier if you could bind the weapons to a direct key instead but I guess there's only 2 keys and 3 weapons.

I used the Corsair iCue software to make those weapon swaps. Otherwise it was a PITA like you said.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've got 4 lvl 50's on RU but for whatever reason never bothered with Summoner - not sure why, it's so easy and fluid and strong I feel. Super easy rotation, good deeps, mobile. The only issue I see so far is the magic classes are the worst aesthetically in this game.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I've got 4 lvl 50's on RU but for whatever reason never bothered with Summoner - not sure why, it's so easy and fluid and strong I feel. Super easy rotation, good deeps, mobile. The only issue I see so far is the magic classes are the worst aesthetically in this game.
They’re voices are horrible. I mean the worst. I hate the way they sound when casting spells. I really wanted to try the bard but couldn’t due to casting sound. Also there is supposed to be another class coming soon to KR. The Alchemist and I hope it’s a support class and not a mage. The game really needs another support.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They’re voices are horrible. I mean the worst. I hate the way they sound when casting spells. I really wanted to try the bard but couldn’t due to casting sound. Also there is supposed to be another class coming soon to KR. The Alchemist and I hope it’s a support class and not a mage. The game really needs another support.

LOL. Turn the voices off man. I did that 10 minutes in. Can you do that for your character?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I bought 3k of those crystals. Came to 42 dollars US, just for those interested. I'm definitely playing for at least a couple months. 42 bucks seems...reasonable.

Hit 40 VERY quickly doing what Raes Raes said to to. Took a little over a day. Will probably be 50 tomorrow.

View attachment 382250

View attachment 382254
I didn’t know you can turn off voices. I know you can turn off dialogue but wasn’t aware of voices. Guess I’ll do that then.

I was going to buy some crystals but I’m gonna hold off and probably buy the platinum founder edition on Steam. I don’t want to start spending money on this game knowing I will no longer be playing the Russian client when the NA comes out. I’m want a few armor sets from that store and I know how much money I spent on MTXs in PoE. Definitely don’t want to buy all that shit again
In LA.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I didn’t know you can turn off voices. I know you can turn off dialogue but wasn’t aware of voices. Guess I’ll do that then.

I was going to buy some crystals but I’m gonna hold off and probably buy the platinum founder edition on Steam. I don’t want to start spending money on this game knowing I will no longer be playing the Russian client when the NA comes out. I’m want a few armor sets from that store and I know how much money I spent on MTXs in PoE. Definitely don’t want to buy all that shit again
In LA.

That's four months away man. Buy the damn crystals.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Definitely not spending a dime on NA version. After seeing the RC crystal costs of shit it's so not worth. Still possible it could change before release but I ain't holding my breath. Was originally going to grab the silver pack, cuz in RU 1000 RC is enough for 3 extra character slots. But AGS wants to charge 900 RC for one slot. Fuck that noise.

You want armor sets? Just make an alt account, and buy that shit for gold off the AH.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
On RU, only ever spent real money on enough RC for 3 slots and 2 boosts. And all but one of my characters has outfits/weapons I got off the AH. Just threw a free outfit (its set to hidden cuz its one of those lame teddy bear costumes) on my Soulfist because I might delete her to make room for Sorceress or Gunslinger. Only bought my Demon outfit yesterday, so she doesn't have one in this screenshot.

1636948570823.jpeg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Verify files/uninstall/reinstall the translation stuff, apparently there was a patch and that breaks things when using these, that's what I saw on reddit.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, after a patch you're supposed to load the game once without running the translator to avoid this issue.