Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I can wait but I don't think it may be that long. There is already an unofficial English translation patch out that converts some of the in-game text from Korean to English. All Smilegate gotta do is just make an official patch to translate everything and have English subtitles. No need for voiceovers unless they are perfectionists. Plus by waiting they are missing out on a huge money market especially since China has been passed over.

ya i dont think itl take 9 months to a year, same thing happened in the chinese version of blade n soul was out the community basically did all the translations so i imagine a real company could push it out pretty quick

Just got this to install and work finally, did the few people here manage to get on the same server or is everyone jus scattered?

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Really enjoying playing this, especially with the English patch. With BFA being such a poor experience these days, it's pretty refreshing.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
ya i dont think itl take 9 months to a year, same thing happened in the chinese version of blade n soul was out the community basically did all the translations so i imagine a real company could push it out pretty quick

Just got this to install and work finally, did the few people here manage to get on the same server or is everyone jus scattered?
Where did you get the account from? I heard some people were not able to re-verify their account and they lost it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
They REALLY need more servers badly especially if they plan on opening it up to NA/EU. Login servers were so congested couldn't get in que to log into the game for over an hour. Then when I finally got in I was looking at a 6400+ que. lmao.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Having a blast with this game so far. Much better than I thought it would be. The graphics are beautiful and the controls are top notch. Doesn't feel clunky or counter intuitive. The game runs smooth as butter with everything on highest setting with no slowdown whatsoever. I've been playing it most of the day since the ques are much better during the daylight hours my time compared at nights. I tried almost every class with the exception of the gunner classes. Will try those later tonight. So far I'm really liking the beserker and the soul master class. Definitely the two classes I will level to max during beta. Destroyer is okay but not a fan of the charging up attacks especially when the bosses move and you miss the attack. May also give the warlord a try too. It's pretty much an exact copy the the gunlance character from Monster Hunter World. Only real issues I have so far is not knowing the language and going through all the hurdles to play the beta. Other than that is a great game.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I've been playing on the fourth server.

ah ok yeah i tried getting on that server i think thats where the majority of english players went, but its always full :(

does that mean the servers are just full atm? or is character creation just disabled for them?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
ah ok yeah i tried getting on that server i think thats where the majority of english players went, but its always full :(

does that mean the servers are just full atm? or is character creation just disabled for them?
Probably disabled character creation. I started on the newest server.

Anyone knows if classes are gender locked or you have to pay for the other gender?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Anyone knows if classes are gender locked or you have to pay for the other gender?

Yes, classes are gender blocked.

I've level'd a Bard & Devil Hunter to 50 and enjoyed the experience both times. This game would be a hit if it launched NA without voice-overs and even a 'meh' translation job.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider

yeah i think they are locked i asked someone in the discord, i started on the 2nd server, only got to lvl 10 thinking of rolling on your server nola just to have someone to group with if needed.

Voldeth whats your opinion on the bard? is it a true support class as they are making it out to be, trying to decide between summoner/bard, i like playing support just curious how thier solo play goes

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I've watched streams where people want bards for higher content for their buffs and healing. There are encounters where healing potions can't be used. My bard is only level 12 but I haven't had any issues soloing so far. Its probably my favorite class with its spell effects. The notes and musical melodies spell attacks looks freaking amazing.

I noticed it doesn't have any long casting animation locks like some classes. Those can be somewhat annoying when you in an animation lock, the mob moves and you miss your attack and that's a wasted attack on cooldown. I forget one class had alot of them and it drove me crazy and I stopped playing it.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Yes, classes are gender blocked.

I've level'd a Bard & Devil Hunter to 50 and enjoyed the experience both times. This game would be a hit if it launched NA without voice-overs and even a 'meh' translation job.
This game gonna be a hit when the English translation happens. Last I heard there are over 400k Koreans playing the game. I'm sure that number would be higher if they had more servers.

Once this comes this way I'm sure we'll be easily looking at a million players off the bat. Probably be top 5 streamed game on Twitch too.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Got off from work at 3am PST, tried logging on and hit a 5000+ que. Antares is the newest server also.

LA.jpg

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
they opened up 1-2 of them but not the one with most of the NA people =/

I've watched streams where people want bards for higher content for their buffs and healing. There are encounters where healing potions can't be used. My bard is only level 12 but I haven't had any issues soloing so far. Its probably my favorite class with its spell effects. The notes and musical melodies spell attacks looks freaking amazing.

I noticed it doesn't have any long casting animation locks like some classes. Those can be somewhat annoying when you in an animation lock, the mob moves and you miss your attack and that's a wasted attack on cooldown. I forget one class had alot of them and it drove me crazy and I stopped playing it.

yeah just wondering if bards are gonna be a requirement for that content, as it seems to be the only "true support" or is bringing a summoner or another dps in its place going to work jus as good,

I went with summoner but after realizing they dont seem to get like a perma pet i dont care for the class that much anymore so maybe ill just go bard since its more unique a class to play

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's some missing classes still(although at this point it looks more like post release content stuff) so I think eventually they'll have more supports. Isn't too uncommon for korean mmos to launch with a single support then add another later.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I went with summoner but after realizing they dont seem to get like a perma pet i dont care for the class that much anymore so maybe ill just go bard since its more unique a class to play
Yeah their abilities just cast a summoned creature. They are not your standard summoner class. That's one class I didnt really care for. Like Pyros said there may be more classes in the future.

I did my first dungeon today and came out with two purple quality pieces, chest slot and a weapon. The dungeon was pretty short and it automatically takes you to another area and you fight this boss solo. From there on you do this quest and you get your mount.

Here is a link I got from Datmodz stream with lots of useful link and guides.

Datmodz Lost Ark Links

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
all servers seem to be open, gonna roll one on the main NA server, anyone thats playing on that server pm me or leave your ign here