Lost Ark Online

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well it really depends on the game but I think they treat the western market as the lower priority one, a lot of these games come out in China first for example, and then they do the western stuff. They could do it in parallel but I guess but they need to find a company to do their work overseas to delegate all the stuff like localization, marketing, renting servers etc so it makes more sense to do it one region at a time. The translation also takes a fair bit of time quite often cause there's a lot of text in mmos, and they usually won't have many people working on it, plus I'd assume korean translators aren't that common.
Smilegate has given up releasing in China for awhile due to red tape, so they are now going to release in the West first. How long that will take to setup, no idea.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Smilegate has given up releasing in China for awhile due to red tape, so they are now going to release in the West first. How long that will take to setup, no idea.
Yeah I've seen the post, the Chinese regulation shit is pretty recent and I guess it's good for us in a way, until it gets sorted out China looks like a shitty market to try to port to.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
That's good news for us. I hope they start translating it to English soon and release it in the NA and EU and redo the voiceovers. Right now I badly need a new PC game to play. Only thing that is remotely holding my interest right now is D3 and that's slowly fading away.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would be happy with subtitles and a good translation, no need for voice if it meant releasing sooner.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’d be happy with google translation as long as the server is somewhere in the US.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
This game looks cool as shit and different enough as an ARPG that it has sparked my interest enough to even try to play the untranslated version, but the part where their server wasn't available for the entire week that I tried to download the beta client was trying my patience.

Molten Core Raider
It's being said on reddit that a round of re-verification notices are going out when people try to log in, reports are suggesting it's NordVPN and ExitLag users affected. Nabi was kind enough to hook me up with a verified account and I'm still able to log in (albeit to a 4800 person queue), but any of you guys that bought an account may want to test to see if you still have access to the game.

That said, according to a MMOByte news video posted on youtube yesterday, Smilegate has plans for an english localization patch with the next game update, so maybe a western release isn't as far off as we think.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
They were talking about it in the LA discord server. I know alot of non Korean Twitch streamers lost their accounts today but Quinn is safe so far. I'm not sure about Datmodz but I'm sure we'll see tonight when he logs on if he missed the ban. The Chinese farmers already started zerging the game with bots and hopefully this will take care alot of them. But I know they'll be back.

I thought about buying an account but I'll wait for the western release (if it happens) or when the hype dies down some and try to get a verified one.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Think it looks dope, though I'll definitely wait for release over here (if it ever happens QQ)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im down to play it if it does come to the States. I agree that it looks great. Wish I could read Korean.

• 1Solidarity

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
played the shit out of blade n soul with some half ass mod someone used to translate, i dont need to read quests to play this all i need is to understand skills and items, anyone playing recently? if a korean SS pr whatever is like 30$ id drop that for this game.

i dont remember if blade n soul made me use a chinese/korean SS if it did i used some sort of list that i found, and the vpn was easy to set up free ones were ok but i ended up buying one that was pretty cheap and i had good latency

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Every PoE/D3 streamer who has tried it says the game is very good. Highly polished and the controls are very smooth. I guess after 100 million dollar budget and all those years in development it should be. I haven't heard anything really negative about the game that would not make me not play it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, pretty much all the feedback so far has been positive in terms of polish and controls which is what matters the most.

That definitely warrants a playthrough at the bare minimum if they bring it here. I'm not really in the mood to jump through hoops to get an account which I might lose if they need to do re-verification like they just did.

Let's hope there's a decent end game, to give the game some longevity and it'll be perfect.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Would like to hear more about the item system and character progression. Sure it may look and feel nice to play, but so did D3...

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would like to hear more about the item system and character progression. Sure it may look and feel nice to play, but so did D3...
From what I've seen on Quinn and Mods stream, a lot content opens after 50. The gearing is pretty Korean.

Grind ilvl to access harder content, rinse repeat. Gear can be upgraded, which can unlock skill enhancements.

The endgame doesn't seem to be anything new to what most here have experienced in an MMO. The Guardian Raids are going to ball Buster's, no major healing pots, only 4 deaths before failure.

As an observer, I can see myself spending hours sailing around finding all 200 or so islands, lol.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Too bad you're gonna have to wait. I'd say there's about a year before this game comes to the states. Maybe a beta around 9 months from now.
I can wait but I don't think it may be that long. There is already an unofficial English translation patch out that converts some of the in-game text from Korean to English. All Smilegate gotta do is just make an official patch to translate everything and have English subtitles. No need for voiceovers unless they are perfectionists. Plus by waiting they are missing out on a huge money market especially since China has been passed over.

• 1Like