Lost Ark Online

Nola

Trakanon Raider
You beat me to it.
Big and great news. The rumors were true but didn’t think they would replace Summoner for Sorcerer.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Replacing Summoner sounds fucking retarded. Why would they do that, I don't think there'd be a tech issue limiting them to a specific amount of classes in our version but they did remove Arcana for Striker from what I understand, and now Summoner for Sorc, so maybe there's some fuckery?

"Glad" I had more or less settled on Scrapper instead, but damn that's a stupid ass choice, are they so desperate to keep classes to drip feed release them as "new content"?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Replacing Summoner sounds fucking retarded. Why would they do that, I don't think there'd be a tech issue limiting them to a specific amount of classes in our version but they did remove Arcana for Striker from what I understand, and now Summoner for Sorc, so maybe there's some fuckery?

"Glad" I had more or less settled on Scrapper instead, but damn that's a stupid ass choice, are they so desperate to keep classes to drip feed release them as "new content"?
People has been saying it would attract more NA/EU players to the game since it’s a staple role playing class. Or maybe they plan on reworking the class like not releasing the Destroyer too?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd be interested to know the reasons. I can't see it just being able to release classes later as content, as they already that. This is just switching which are available at launch around. The question is why. I dont expect to ever hear the correct answer. What techincal reason would there be to need to switch out certain ones? A rework would be done by smilegate wouldn't it? As I would think AGS as a publisher doesn't have rights to change how classes play.

Unless they have some internal poll or numbers, that show which classes are more "Wanted" and are putting those out first, to attract more initial sales?I can't see it, but who knows. So strange.

In the end still stuck playing something until I can do lance master.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
It's a weird decision to be sure - Summoner was an original launch class and it's not like it's broken in T1/T2 in any way. Including Sorc makes a lot of sense as it's a more traditional spellcaster, which will attract the Western audience (plus it's a lot of shiny and will be insanely popular) but I don't see why they wouldn't just release both unless they're dead set on a certain cadence for the release of new classes (or god help us going to put them behind a cash shop).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a weird decision to be sure - Summoner was an original launch class and it's not like it's broken in T1/T2 in any way. Including Sorc makes a lot of sense as it's a more traditional spellcaster, which will attract the Western audience (plus it's a lot of shiny and will be insanely popular) but I don't see why they wouldn't just release both unless they're dead set on a certain cadence for the release of new classes (or god help us going to put them behind a cash shop).

If I have to pay to play LM, I am going to riot.
dont you put that evil on me GIF

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
People has been saying it would attract more NA/EU players to the game since it’s a staple role playing class. Or maybe they plan on reworking the class like not releasing the Destroyer too?
No no, adding Sorc was a great idea, I totally agree with this one, pretty sure I said the same thing a few posts back maybe last page. But why go and remove Summoner in the process? The class was already translated since it was in closed beta so there was no more work to be done on it.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
After having the class shown and playable in beta already, the only acceptable reason I can imagine for removing summoners from launch is that they're getting a rework soon and they're just waiting for that to release it shortly after launch. This is the kinda thing that will piss off two groups of people though, the ones who were planning to main summoner at launch and those who see the lack of transparency here as a big red flag. Not providing an explanation on this is shooting themselves in the foot, which isn't really surprising from Amazon at this point.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
After having the class shown and playable in beta already, the only acceptable reason I can imagine for removing summoners from launch is that they're getting a rework soon and they're just waiting for that to release it shortly after launch. This is the kinda thing that will piss off two groups of people though, the ones who were planning to main summoner at launch and those who see the lack of transparency here as a big red flag. Not providing an explanation on this is shooting themselves in the foot, which isn't really surprising from Amazon at this point.
Well there's no rework coming I don't think, a few classes are already planned for reworks, but Summoner isn't one of them at least as far as I understand, the classes looking at reworks are Arcana and one of the warrior classes(I think the hammer one?). The only thing close is the fact Summoner gets different models for the pets in a future patch, like they change from ugly ass shit into cutesy anime shit(the big golem becomes a big bear/tanuki thing, the venomous plant becomes a kinda dryad and the fire elemental becomes a fire dog/wolf. But that's just model changes so they could just patch that in instantly if they wanted.

I think they basically agreed on a specific amount of classes and instead of just adding one, they're just swapping them. I assume maybe they have some sort of roadmap already for updates which includes new classes and they don't want to mess that around so they're just switching it. It just feels really stupid.

I liked Summoner quite a lot too I'd probably have leveled one after Scrapper/Bard. Hell you could argue it's false advertising too since they sold some of their packs with the fact you could get a summoner costume, and you're not getting it now. Once they release summoner they'll likely have a launch package for it(koreans do that stuff all the time) so you'll have to pay for that on top, which is gonna sting for ppl who wanted to main summoner. And it wasn't a particularly unpopular class either based on surveys and stuff(it's also apparently pretty good at pvp so a bunch of ppl with pvp in mind were planning to roll that).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think it really is simple Amazon wanting to attract more people. While the Summoner is a good class, if people had to pick between Summ and Sorc, I am sure the Sorc would win by a mile. Same with having Striker over Destroyer. Weird, but it will work.

Cybsled

That annoyed me in BDO as well. Race or gender locking classes is the most annoying shit in a MMO.

TERA used to be the worst at that. Want to play this reaper class? Well, then play the loli race as your only option

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Since they already announced Sorc, don't know what else it could be but a launch date. And looking at the NW Steam numbers, it would be right on schedule.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Since they already announced Sorc, don't know what else it could be but a launch date. And looking at the NW Steam numbers, it would be right on schedule.
Finished Endwalker, ready for this now... I will bet end of January or early February but we'll see

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Finished Endwalker, ready for this now... I will bet end of January or early February but we'll see

I'm thinking more mid-January, but it depends on where they are at with the Yorn VA. Anything farther than that is just too far off IMO. People are already assuming "around March" and announcing that it's just a few weeks earlier than that seems kinda pointless. But, it's Amazon, so nothing is too stupid.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I could see that, and I hope that's the case - amped to try Sorc on RU as soon as that drops... though I would think we'll be swamped with Sorc players on live in NA

• 1Like