Lost Ark Online

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Unless I am mistaken. its all 7 servers. Not broken up at all. It would basically be like korea, all their servers are linked(AH, arena, queueing for dungeons/raids etc). EU should be the same. West will be small with only 3.

I mean, it's an interesting way to do it, I guess. On the plus side, you could do my alt thing with a single account, which is less hassle, and they couldn't really make any rules against it, since it's all a shared economy. Only downsides being not being able to multi-dip on things like free boosts, and not being able to mail anything to your main, since I usually use the gold I earn on those accounts to craft stuff and then mail that instead of gold. Avoids mailing any gold plus I get the extra crafting procs and the benefit of more estate energy/crafting slots. I could still do that and sell the stuff, then xfer the gold, just more steps. Hmmmm, tempting.

Just wary of the effect that will have on the economy. Could be better when you want to buy something, but worse when you're trying to sell. I really wish they didn't give away so much crafted shit as login/event rewards.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I mean, it's an interesting way to do it, I guess. On the plus side, you could do my alt thing with a single account, which is less hassle, and they couldn't really make any rules against it, since it's all a shared economy. Only downsides being not being able to multi-dip on things like free boosts, and not being able to mail anything to your main, since I usually use the gold I earn on those accounts to craft stuff and then mail that instead of gold. Avoids mailing any gold plus I get the extra crafting procs and the benefit of more estate energy/crafting slots. I could still do that and sell the stuff, then xfer the gold, just more steps. Hmmmm, tempting.

Just wary of the effect that will have on the economy. Could be better when you want to buy something, but worse when you're trying to sell. I really wish they didn't give away so much crafted shit as login/event rewards.

Honestly you should just play based on having been stuck on RU (you know that the NA release is going to dramatically impact RU in a detrimental way). The AH game will be wild fun with whales and folks that won't be able to recognize value.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

How much is tradeable from other accounts? Since its f2p, I can def see the real crazies, having multiple accounts just to mail event, login, free stuff they give away all to their main account.

I would assume the real good stuff has to be restricted somehow(either to play or account) otherwise the whole "only earn gold from 6 characters" thing would of been pointless, when you can just make multiple accounts.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Honestly you should just play based on having been stuck on RU (you know that the NA release is going to dramatically impact RU in a detrimental way). The AH game will be wild fun with whales and folks that won't be able to recognize value.

There's just so much boring and/or time gated shit that I've done in the past 2 years on RU. Getting my NA account up to where my RU account is would be a loooong tedious climb. The Adventure book shit, the affinity, allll those engravings (without the benefit that RU had with a certain limited time engraving vendor, lol). 9 characters at 1325+ GS, my fully fleshed out alt accounts.

I mean, I've thought about what you're saying. Even with things being somewhat different in NA because RU launched before Season 2, and a few other major updates that we'll start with, I could still make a killing knowing certain key evolutions of the AH. But, them pushing in the early t3 content lessens that a bit. I dunno. I'll prolly log in and fuck around with a Sorc and see if I get tempted. I do love the smell of a new launch. :D

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is why I didn't go hard in RU. Double edged sword. I don't feel like I am throwing away months of playing but I have barely passing knowledge of anything above hitting 50 and doing a chaos dungeon :p

Granted I would so use the knowledge,if I had it, to make a killing in gold. But I am sure there will be quite a few trying to do the same thing.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
How much is tradeable from other accounts? Since its f2p, I can def see the real crazies, having multiple accounts just to mail event, login, free stuff they give away all to their main account.

I would assume the real good stuff has to be restricted somehow(either to play or account) otherwise the whole "only earn gold from 6 characters" thing would of been pointless, when you can just make multiple accounts.

All event/login stuff is either account (server) bound or character bound. Some stuff comes in chests that are account bound, but when you open them whatever is inside becomes character bound. Smilegate loves to throw around that "bound" flag way more than is necessary.

You can mail gold, crafted items, costumes that you haven't equipped yet, certain drops. Some stuff is weird, like certain upgrade mats, you'll have 2 stacks, one bound and one not.

I don't really get it. The 6 character thing that was implemented recently doesn't seem very effective if all AH's are shared. Unless KR has a rule against xferring money through the AH. RU doesn't.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So... do people know what all AGS has changed? or is that still in the air to to speak, with the newest update?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This is why I didn't go hard in RU. Double edged sword. I don't feel like I am throwing away months of playing but I have barely passing knowledge of anything above hitting 50 and doing a chaos dungeon :p

Granted I would so use the knowledge,if I had it, to make a killing in gold. But I am sure there will be quite a few trying to do the same thing.

I mean, there's not a whole lot to it. Certain engravings are more useful/popular than others (this information is readily available since all builds have been minmaxed already, although they recently added a few new ones and I don't know if we'll have those, or what effect they had), buying limited time sale costumes and holding on to them, knowing when people are going to be reaching certain estate levels and what they can craft at those levels, so what gathered items they will need. Stockpiling certain things. Because, upgrade gold cost is fixed, but as gold inflates a bit (due to being able to earn more gold at higher GS) selling prices go up on certain things, while supply on other things (t1 mats for example) will skyrocket causing the price to bottom out.

Which brings up an interesting point. At t3, there's a certain mat needed for upgrading that only comes from crafting. BUT, your estate needs to be a certain level before you can research the ability to craft it. I can't remember if it's like level 20 or 30. Hmm, it's prolly 20, I think the level 30 one is for after 1340 GS. The items to craft it come from fishing, so fishing in Punika (when you've leveled fishing enough to be able to fish there) and holding onto them until people hit that estate level will be profitable.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So... do people know what all AGS has changed? or is that still in the air to to speak, with the newest update?

The only things i've read about is the censoring of some of the starter outfits(because you spend so much time in those) and changing NPC races and I think some hairstyles/presets to "diversify". Things you probably wouldn't even notice unless you really paid close attention in a previous version or read about them.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, the only things they can really change are certain aspects of the cash shop, and what classes/content are available and when more will be added, and which order the other classes will be introduced. And, like, being able to do arena pvp before level 50.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So who is actually playing?

Also have they shown us the NA store yet?
I'll be playing, mostly mid afternoons til early evenings. I don't know if I'll reach T3, and none of the "raids" I've seen in LA (aside from Guardians) look fun at all.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The only things i've read about is the censoring of some of the starter outfits(because you spend so much time in those) and changing NPC races and I think some hairstyles/presets to "diversify". Things you probably wouldn't even notice unless you really paid close attention in a previous version or read about them.
The presets are apparently back to what they were but they might have some more. Starter outfits is something yeah but largely irrelevant seeing as how you change gear like 10mins in, people made a lot of "muh censorship" posts early on for basically nothing. The NPCs I'm not sure if they'll still be there or not. It wasn't all that bad if you don't know the original(and assuming they fixed the bugs they added when they changed them), like a few characters are darker skins which is kinda whatever unless you absolutely hate seeing black people in your games. It's not even that many and most were fairly minor characters besides that one princess. The only glaring issue was that they had white skin on the card arts which was clearly weird, so hopefully they changed the card art too, although that'd be more work than just changing the skin of the ingame models.

The materials and progression is also changed, since we get a fairly unique version of the game. No one(besides NDA streamers) knows exactly what we're getting though. Like it won't be fundamentally changed, but it won't be the same as RU/KR(either at release, or currently with catchup, we're likely getting something inbetween).

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It looks like Azena is the unofficial English and PvP hub server and will probably have the highest population with Regulus folllowing behind. Galatar is the unofficial English/Streamer server. I heard this was the server Asmon will be playing on but if he wants his name why announce the server he will play on? I’m sure someone will grief him and take his name.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It looks like Azena is the unofficial English and PvP hub server and will probably have the highest population with Regulus folllowing behind. Galatar is the unofficial English/Streamer server. I heard this was the server Asmon will be playing on but if he wants his name why announce the server he will play on? I’m sure someone will grief him and take his name.

unofficial pvp server.. I just don't get it. Maybe someone knows better, but isnt about 95% of the pvp in this game done in arena(queued across the region)? I know there are some islands that are ffa pvp and I think someone said something about guild vs guild, but it seems like no one actually does those things.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
unofficial pvp server.. I just don't get it. Maybe someone knows better, but isnt about 95% of the pvp in this game done in arena(queued across the region)? I know there are some islands that are ffa pvp and I think someone said something about guild vs guild, but it seems like no one actually does those things.
Supposedly people are wanting to run private premade arenas to practice for tournaments. And supposedly those premades can only be done per server.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

You are correct, but IIRC the next major update coming out of Korea is supposed to be adding some new pvp stuff.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Lots of upcoming PVP content coming:

48v48 BG's seems a little weird in a game that wasn't really designed with that in mind...he said, before he noticed that the guy turned into a friggin boss mob. Lol, cool.

Pre-game timer's a bit long, but looks like it could be fun. Except for the fact that the game doesn't really have dedicated healers, so you're using your own heal pots. They should just have a self heal for the same percentage as the max potion on the same cooldown. Seems like it would be a bit messy/unbalanced. Is it still in beta?