Lost Ark Online

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In the end, none of it is really forced. If you want the best gear and as fast as possible, then yeah, you do everything and try not to miss any. If you say miss a weekly or a couple dailies, is it overall that harmful, can you just get those mats via gold, which you earned by doing something else? I dunno. I never really got deep into it. I don't mind weekly/daily content personally. As i rarely try to do it all , like a check list that I have to do each day I log in. I just login and do what I feel like. The main problem my playstyle can run into is my favorite "activity" being capped for that day or week. So I basically wait for a reset and do something else. Can't just sit in 1 or 2 of your favorite activities and do that every day and all day. Probably where alts come in. Which again I am not completely against as long as I find the classes fun to play. I wont make alts of classes just to have alts to run stuff. The latter becomes moot when they put in that "only earn gold from 6 characters" thing. But even that is still a lot of playtime if trying to do it across the 6 and its things you enjoy.

Except arena. Seems it will take none of all the other stuff, and you just jump in and play. Equal to anyone else.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I would say the one good thing about this game is the combat. The combat is very satisfying, especially because you can change and tweak your build at will. But that's it. That's literally the only good thing about this game

Akkshoo-uh-lee that's not the case. At tier 3, switching to a skill that you don't have tripod bonuses for on your gear, AND a gem with that skill will result in a huge dps loss. A maxed out gem alone is +40% damage (or 20% CD reduction). Gems can be rerolled, but it's rng, costs a ton of silver and allows you to reroll to the same fucking skill. You can easily blow a million silver trying to reroll a single high level gem and still not get what you want. You can buy what you need off the AH, but the cost is high. Switching out tripod bonuses is easy and free, but you still need to have the bonuses you want on a piece of gear already, or saved in your library.

It's best to figure out your build(s) as soon as you hit 50.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not a fan of that kind of system either.

The one where you need to plan out what you're going to want 6 months in advance, because fucking it up means you're fucked forever unless you spend months fixing it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Not a fan of that kind of system either.

The one where you need to plan out what you're going to want 6 months in advance, because fucking it up means you're fucked forever unless you spend months fixing it.

It's not quite that bad, but still extremely annoying. Stocking up some extra gems isn't too hard, especially if you have alts, since they are tradable. But, holding onto extra gear with tripod bonuses you might need will fill up your warehouse pretty quickly. You can always buy shit off the AH, but since your gold earning is limited, you want to avoid doing that too often. Also, certain things on the AH costs peons in addition to gold, so that's an added cost. Peons are a really weird currency. You get them as event/login rewards occasionally, or you can buy them in the cash shop for blue crystals (which cost gold or cash). They are like a tax on certain items sold on the AH, and while you need them (in addition to the gold cost) to buy certain things, you don't get any for selling those same things, the AH just eats them. It's another way for them to profit off the game, but I think they are also to prevent people from playing the AH too much. I always try to keep around 100 in reserve.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's not quite that bad, but still extremely annoying. Stocking up some extra gems isn't too hard, especially if you have alts, since they are tradable. But, holding onto extra gear with tripod bonuses you might need will fill up your warehouse pretty quickly. You can always buy shit off the AH, but since your gold earning is limited, you want to avoid doing that too often. Also, certain things on the AH costs peons in addition to gold, so that's an added cost. Peons are a really weird currency. You get them as event/login rewards occasionally, or you can buy them in the cash shop for blue crystals (which cost gold or cash). They are like a tax on certain items sold on the AH, and while you need them (in addition to the gold cost) to buy certain things, you don't get any for selling those same things, the AH just eats them. It's another way for them to profit off the game, but I think they are also to prevent people from playing the AH too much. I always try to keep around 100 in reserve.
LOL yeah, I'm out. Thanks for all the good info, Raes Raes

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
LOL yeah, I'm out. Thanks for all the good info, Raes Raes

It's not as bad as it sounds if you can force yourself to play it casually (or have enough expendable income to swipe through the annoyances). But, I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm a min-maxer/powergamer myself, which is why I complain about certain aspects of this game. An excess of free time is the only reason I was able to do my alt-accounts thing, and even that is quite annoying, which is why I take months long breaks from the game. And half the fun for me is just the figuring out ways to earn/progress. (One of the things I loved about Archeage Alpha) Actually implementing them is just work, lol. In addition to that, when I had to fight a Russian CS team for 10 days to get them to unban my account and succeeded, I felt like I had achieved a victory that overshadowed anything the game itself could offer. :p

Edit: Oh, and you're welcome, of course, lol.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
So for the FoHers who do plan on playing, was the server choice Regulus? I saw that mentioned but didn't see if anymore discussion was had. Looks like that will be the 2nd/3rd most popular NA East server. I don't plan on putting a lot of thought into servers like I did WoW classic, but just trying to get an idea who is going where.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
On a server related side note-- Lost Ark has the tech for servers to share AH's. I don't know how many since RU's 3 servers merged into 2 before I checked on it. NA East has 7 servers, which means if Amazon is smart about it (50% chance) and they can do 3, it will be 3,2,2. If they're not, or it's limited to 2, one server will be solo.

Related to that, anyone who wants a bit of extra gold per week and wants to put in the time, but doesn't want to deal with having multiple Steam accounts can make a character on a server that's connected and xfer their weekly epona gold through the AH. If you do, keep in mind that certain freebie event items, like those you get from redeeming codes are sent to your cash shop inventory and that is shared across all servers and each item is 1 per account. So don't accidentally pull something into the inventory of a character that's not on your main server.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So for the FoHers who do plan on playing, was the server choice Regulus? I saw that mentioned but didn't see if anymore discussion was had. Looks like that will be the 2nd/3rd most popular NA East server. I don't plan on putting a lot of thought into servers like I did WoW classic, but just trying to get an idea who is going where.

Would certainly not consider it an official server choice but my plan is to play on Regulus (the logic being I want to avoid the Azena overcrowd while still having a healthy pop) and will make an FoH guild for those that want to have a place to go similar to last beta.

MMO launches are almost always worth the price of admission; in this case, the price tag is free. The shit Raes is complaining about is accurate however won't actually be an issue for 99% of the FoH crowd, anyone whose actually going to play should instead be focusing on the actual advice he's dropping, which is actually good advice (save your gold for engravings, use your estate energy at all times, etc). This is an MMO releasing with absolutely incredible combat, a metric fuckton of shit to do at launch, and the ability to make fun of weebs. If you're onboard for that, roll Regulus and let's have some fun.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Would certainly not consider it an official server choice but my plan is to play on Regulus (the logic being I want to avoid the Azena overcrowd while still having a healthy pop) and will make an FoH guild for those that want to have a place to go similar to last beta.

MMO launches are almost always worth the price of admission; iin this case, the price tag is free. The shit Raes is complaining about is accurate however won't actually be an issue for 99% of the FoH crowd, anyone whose actually going to play should instead be focusing on the actual advice he's dropping, which is actually good advice (save your gold for engravings, use your estate energy at all times, etc). This is an MMO releasing with absolutely incredible combat, a metric fuckton of shit to do at launch, and the ability to make fun of weebs. If you're onboard for that, roll Regulus and let's have some fun.
They do anything about the god awful chat? :p

I'm going to at least "try" the game. Just wasnt going to go far in a beta, where the character was going to be wiped, when the game has a monotonous story.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
They do anything about the god awful chat? :p

I'm going to at least "try" the game. Just wasnt going to go far in a beta, where the character was going to be wiped, when the game has a monotonous story.

No (it was part of their January update though, so I suspect they had a lot of negative feedback about it):

Will players be able to change the font in-game?

• The in-game font type and size cannot be changed, however the font size within text chat can be changed.

Happy to hear you're going to give it a try though, haven't gotten to MMO with you since Wildstar and from your ability to get your money out of NW, I think this will be a lot more enjoyable.

• 1Worf

Mur

Trakanon Raider
On a server related side note-- Lost Ark has the tech for servers to share AH's. I don't know how many since RU's 3 servers merged into 2 before I checked on it. NA East has 7 servers, which means if Amazon is smart about it (50% chance) and they can do 3, it will be 3,2,2. If they're not, or it's limited to 2, one server will be solo.

Related to that, anyone who wants a bit of extra gold per week and wants to put in the time, but doesn't want to deal with having multiple Steam accounts can make a character on a server that's connected and xfer their weekly epona gold through the AH. If you do, keep in mind that certain freebie event items, like those you get from redeeming codes are sent to your cash shop inventory and that is shared across all servers and each item is 1 per account. So don't accidentally pull something into the inventory of a character that's not on your main server.

My understanding is that it's for the entire region. So every server in NA East will have shared AH, and grouping for raids, with all of the other servers. But no one from NA East will be able to group / trade with NA West

Raes

Vyemm Raider
My understanding is that it's for the entire region. So every server in NA East will have shared AH, and grouping for raids, with all of the other servers. But no one from NA East will be able to group / trade with NA West

7 servers sharing 1 AH is extremely excessive. Could fuck with the economy a bit.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Just popping in to say thanks to Raes Raes for all the good info and insight he has provided. Way to be a bro

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Unless I am mistaken. its all 7 servers. Not broken up at all. It would basically be like korea, all their servers are linked(AH, arena, queueing for dungeons/raids etc). EU should be the same. West will be small with only 3.

• 2Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I’m strongly considering playing. But my hours for gaming are weird lately. Mostly during work hours.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
No real reason not to play casually imo if you enjoy the play style. So many insane games coming out in Feb LA will be a nice filler to throw in between the major releases.

• 1Like