Lost Ark Online

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This makes t1 and t2 completely useless. They should have just given everyone 1302 gear as soon as they hit 50, lol.
Yeah, I don't know much about this game, but if it's 100% success from 1-15 on both t1 and t2...what's the fucking point? May as well just skip them entirely.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I don't know much about this game, but if it's 100% success from 1-15 on both t1 and t2...what's the fucking point? May as well just skip them entirely.
I mean, in a way it's actually good. t1 and t2 were just going to be a bullshit chore to get to t3. This way you don't have to spend any gold or silver, just some mats. So, you can use that gold for upgrading t3 and/or knowledge transfer.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean, in a way it's actually good. t1 and t2 were just going to be a bullshit chore to get to t3. This way you don't have to spend any gold or silver, just some mats. So, you can use that gold for upgrading t3 and/or knowledge transfer.
I guess. But as someone who never played before, feels like skipping content for the sake of skipping it.

I get that it appears they want everyone to be at around the same content in every region, and I know I can still do earlier content, but just feels like I'm not getting the whole experience.

Maybe I'll change my mind in a month after I've done it and I decide it would've been a worthless cockblock, but right now it feels like dumbing down a portion of the game for no reason. There's also something to be said about gating content to ensure people aren't complete potatoes.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I guess. But as someone who never played before, feels like skipping content for the sake of skipping it.

I get that it appears they want everyone to be at around the same content in every region, and I know I can still do earlier content, but just feels like I'm not getting the whole experience.

Maybe I'll change my mind in a month after I've done it and I decide it would've been a worthless cockblock, but right now it feels like dumbing down a portion of the game for no reason. There's also something to be said about gating content to ensure people aren't complete potatoes.

They will definitely be potatoes. Even T3 upgrades have been majorly nerfed.

TIER 3​

• 20% increase in base success rate for Tier 3 Lv. 1302 gear Lv. 1~15 honing (up to 20%).
  • 30% decrease in XP required for Tier 3 Lv. 1302 gear Lv. 1~15 honing.
  • 50% decrease in materials and cost required for Tier 3 Lv. 1302 gear Lv. 1~15 honing leap.
  • 20% increase in base success rate for Tier 3 Lv. 1340 gear Lv. 1~15 honing.
  • 60% decrease in XP required for Tier 3 gear Lv. 1340 gear Lv. 1~15 honing.
  • 60% decrease in materials and cost required for Tier 3 gear Lv. 1340 gear Lv. 1~15 honing leap.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
So what was the game before T3?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Also, unless they changed it (doubtful) you won't just be able to jump into the higher tier Guardian raids. In order to access a new Guardian tier you must have defeated all the Guardians in the previous tier. Fortunately you can do this without having to deal with a daily lockout, because the daily limitation for Guardian raids only affects their drops, you can enter and kill them as much as you want. Unfortunately, some of the final Guardians of each tier have a party wipe mechanic that is a pain in the ass. I usually wait until I have high enough GS to solo these with enough dps and using certain consumables and tactics (like sliding down ladders to avoid the one shot).

Raes

Vyemm Raider
So what was the game before T3?

Basically exactly the same content wise, but Guardian raids (and I assume Abyss dungeons) do ramp up in difficulty as you go up the tiers. It's just a weird decision to throw nearly everything in at launch, when players tend to complain when there are not regular content updates. They had a game that's been out for 3 years and had regular staged content updates on a silver platter and chose to ignore it (or were forced to by Smilegate.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

It is somewhat disappointing yeah and a bit surprising too since they could have slow rolled it a bit without it feeling too bad, but I guess this way the first impression of the game once you reach 50 isn't "oh I failed my 80% upgrade 6times and I'm out of mats, well fuck this korean shit" reaction, maybe. Also clearly they have plans to be churning out T3 content, at least early on, which is why they want everyone asap at cap.

I don't think it's that bad personally but it is an interesting choice. I think at some point in the last few months maybe Smilegate changed their stances? Cause I remember during beta they told people the power pass at 50 was only for beta and wouldn't be at launch and... well now they're giving away 2 of them lol. And they were like "we heard the community, progression was too fast with catchup islands mats, we'll be adjusting it", and then they do this instead, which means island mats are likely still in AND it's even faster.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
There's also the missed profit. At the end of tier1 and tier2 you can upgrade your gear beyond +15 and it's really expensive. Whales loved to do this, and now there's no point. It's money left on the table.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Also, unless they changed it (doubtful) you won't just be able to jump into the higher tier Guardian raids. In order to access a new Guardian tier you must have defeated all the Guardians in the previous tier. Fortunately you can do this without having to deal with a daily lockout, because the daily limitation for Guardian raids only affects their drops, you can enter and kill them as much as you want. Unfortunately, some of the final Guardians of each tier have a party wipe mechanic that is a pain in the ass. I usually wait until I have high enough GS to solo these with enough dps and using certain consumables and tactics (like sliding down ladders to avoid the one shot).

Part of the fun of getting to T3 (for me) is going to be clearing the Guardians for the first time clear without using the souls until I need to. Looking forward to a lot of frustration with some of them as a reuslt!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Part of the fun of getting to T3 (for me) is going to be clearing the Guardians for the first time clear without using the souls until I need to. Looking forward to a lot of frustration with some of them as a reuslt!

Good luck with that, lol. T1 isn't too bad, other than white lions aoes and quick 180s, black demons darkness effect, and lizard boy's tail sweep. Mainly gonna be a prob with things like the one shot mechanics on end tier bosses, and stupid stuff like flame dog setting fire to the whole fucking screen. :p

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Asmongold going to Galatur.

Roxx updated the patch notes to say that the 2nd Power Pass will be rewarded once you use the first one, no need to watch all the cutscenes, so we'll get 2 free boosts for leveling 1 character.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Asmongold going to Galatur.

Roxx updated the patch notes to say that the 2nd Power Pass will be rewarded once you use the first one, no need to watch all the cutscenes, so we'll get 2 free boosts for leveling 1 character.

And just like that a bunch of the Regulus population just switched to Galatur. This will occur another 47 times between now and launch.

Happy to hear about the confirmation for the second pass, the notes were confusing as fuck.

Crown Stream starting in 5 minutes or so - interested to see what the director announces.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Lol this moron thinks there's only going to be around 100k players on launch at peak. Some of these YouTubers are absolutely clueless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One fun fact about the power pass, if you level your alt manually first, you can power pass boost your main and it'll give you 302 gear instantly, instead of having to do shushire(it'll also autocomplete shushire msq, or it should at least). Saves like a couple of hours of questing, as long as your alt isn't slow as shit. Since they're giving out passes out of the ass though you can just make that "alt" just a random non support class you wanted to check out.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
AGS: We're making more cutscenes skippable!

Also AGS: If you want a free power pass, don't skip any cutscenes!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
AGS: We're making more cutscenes skippable!

Also AGS: If you want a free power pass, don't skip any cutscenes!
Old news old man, you don't have to watch cutscenes anymore now, you just get the 2nd powerpass after you claim the first.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Old news old man, you don't have to watch cutscenes anymore now, you just get the 2nd powerpass after you claim the first.

Link? What I read earlier is in order to get the first power pass you must watch all cutscenes while leveling.

Nvm, I see the edit.