Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
When the Platinum package is the second highest top seller on steam. o_O

Gonna be interesting to see just how popular a launch this is. I've genuinely been surprised that the plat pack has been #2 for this long (as opposed to the Gold pack at #3 or Bronze pack at #4). I think it just goes to show how much people want an MMO to play and are comfortable spending money. Here's hoping Amazon doesn't fuck this up.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
F9QUqBeJfiC3D5KFHgKz8dkGjiNK7cuOvva4B9CROI4_png.png

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Just read an official post on names, they are regionally locked. So you aren't just competing with fools on your server.. you are competing with ALL East Coast servers. Good luck guys!

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
If you're gonna use that, might as well download a bot to play for you too.
I mean, I disagree with that. I just opened it and it has some just nice to know info, as well as general stat priority and stuff. I am in no way speed running anything, but just 2 minutes on that sheet made me go "Ohh I didn't know horses could dash, and items have per hit counters and not HP? Cool"

Just saying, looks like it has some general nice information on it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I mean, I disagree with that. I just opened it and it has some just nice to know info, as well as general stat priority and stuff. I am in no way speed running anything, but just 2 minutes on that sheet made me go "Ohh I didn't know horses could dash, and items have per hit counters and not HP? Cool"

Just saying, looks like it has some general nice information on it.

I was referring to the level by level skill point allocation, not general game info.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
After spending the day watching Lost Ark content, I am really all over the place on the starting character. I normally alt out and nice to have a game that encourages that but this, wow. Normally I start with tanks but I thinking of doing something different here; I was thinking Berserker at first but now realize there will be 1.2 million of them to start, so now I more like Striker or Artillerist. Seems like there will be plenty of opportunities to try lots of things out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
After spending the day watching Lost Ark content, I am really all over the place on the starting character. I normally alt out and nice to have a game that encourages that but this, wow. Normally I start with tanks but I thinking of doing something different here; I was thinking Berserker at first but now realize there will be 1.2 million of them to start, so now I more like Striker or Artillerist. Seems like there will be plenty of opportunities to try lots of things out.

One issue I find is that the specific class special abilities (typically the Z ability) can really affect whether I enjoy playing a class or not. Like, gunslinger/lance master weapon switching, sharpshooter hawk summon, certain classes build up charges, or charging up a transformation ability like Scouter/Shadowhhunter.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Can we get a Lost Ark channel added to the Discord server?
Nothing really wrong with the FOH one, but id prefer we use one where we have a bit more control. “Please guy, can you do this even though you don’t even post on FOH much anymore?” Is going to get old pretty fast.

Voldeth Voldeth I have the old rerolled one, but don’t you already have one of your own?
One issue I find is that the specific class special abilities (typically the Z ability) can really affect whether I enjoy playing a class or not. Like, gunslinger/lance master weapon switching, sharpshooter hawk summon, certain classes build up charges, or charging up a transformation ability like Scouter/Shadowhhunter.
I was thinking shadow hunter as my first class, but the more I watch it - it just looks like it’ll be spammy at end game? But I was going to narrow down my choice tomorrow.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I was referring to the level by level skill point allocation, not general game info.
Still nowhere close to playing the game for you though, it's literally just telling you which skills are better than others while leveling. You can take the time to test them out once you unlock Trixion but until then it's annoying when you use a 20secs skill and have to wait to change the tripods, and then you have to retest everytime you unlock new tiers.

And ultimately, the guides mostly boil down to "put +range on your movement skills, max the strong aoe skills and give them aoe increasing tripods".

Since I played my class during beta I already know what I'm doing and I don't like what the guide says (too much specing out of movement skill for pitiful damage increases on skills that will one shot trash mobs regardless, when 80% of the time you waste while leveling is moving around) but for people who have no idea, it saves some time on experimenting if they just want to rush to cap. It makes very little difference though as you could do the MSQ by just using autoattacks if you wanted seeing as how easy the game is anyway.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Still nowhere close to playing the game for you though, it's literally just telling you which skills are better than others while leveling. You can take the time to test them out once you unlock Trixion but until then it's annoying when you use a 20secs skill and have to wait to change the tripods, and then you have to retest everytime you unlock new tiers.

And ultimately, the guides mostly boil down to "put +range on your movement skills, max the strong aoe skills and give them aoe increasing tripods".

Since I played my class during beta I already know what I'm doing and I don't like what the guide says (too much specing out of movement skill for pitiful damage increases on skills that will one shot trash mobs regardless, when 80% of the time you waste while leveling is moving around) but for people who have no idea, it saves some time on experimenting if they just want to rush to cap. It makes very little difference though as you could do the MSQ by just using autoattacks if you wanted seeing as how easy the game is anyway.

I would never waste skill points on extra range on movement skills pre-50. Yes, waiting on cds to reset to change tripods is annoying, and yes you can experiment later in Trixion, but IMO testing shit out and making a build as you level that's efficient for YOU is going to save you enough time overall to more than make up for the few minutes you spend testing tripods. It will also mean that you have a basic knowledge of what all your skills and tripods do when you do go to Trixion at 50 to tweak them, instead of having to deal with learning everything all at once.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Forgot to address the first part. For me, at least, part of playing a game is learning a game. All this rushing to endgame and putting everything off til later and following step-by-step guides is just so ugh. Most shit is already on rails, no reason to make it even more so.

And yeah, you spend a lot of time just traveling, but you're also mounted for most of that, so movement skills aren't doing much for you. Those skills are mainly for avoiding boss attacks when your dash is on cd.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I would never waste skill points on extra range on movement skills pre-50. Yes, waiting on cds to reset to change tripods is annoying, and yes you can experiment later in Trixion, but IMO testing shit out and making a build as you level that's efficient for YOU is going to save you enough time overall to more than make up for the few minutes you spend testing tripods. It will also mean that you have a basic knowledge of what all your skills and tripods do when you do go to Trixion at 50 to tweak them, instead of having to deal with learning everything all at once.
I don't know why you wouldn't since running is literally the slowest part. They can be used before you mount between spots, and especially in dungeons during speed cloak downtime. It's usually only 4 points in 2-3 skills too, so it has very little impact on actual power levels besides specific level ranges. For the most part any strong skill will one shot every trash mobs anyway, and optimizing for dungeon boss DPS seems utterly pointless versus optimizing for movement when you spend a lot more time moving than fighting dungeon boss(you can also switch before a boss since movement skills have low cd if you really want, mostly useful if you're at the levels that let you get a 3rd tier tripod on a good skill by unspecing them).

For the learning the game thing, personally I do like that too, but I don't fault people for following guides if they want to. It's certainly not like botting your way where you don't play the game, you just experience only a specific part of the class without discovering the other facets until you test them.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I don't know why you wouldn't since running is literally the slowest part. They can be used before you mount between spots, and especially in dungeons during speed cloak downtime. It's usually only 4 points in 2-3 skills too, so it has very little impact on actual power levels besides specific level ranges. For the most part any strong skill will one shot every trash mobs anyway, and optimizing for dungeon boss DPS seems utterly pointless versus optimizing for movement when you spend a lot more time moving than fighting dungeon boss(you can also switch before a boss since movement skills have low cd if you really want, mostly useful if you're at the levels that let you get a 3rd tier tripod on a good skill by unspecing them).

I mean, play how you want dude. Your movement skills are maybe saving you 20 minutes 1-50. Most of your time is spent on horseback, or spamming G to skip dialogue one line at a time. Tripod levels aren't just about damage either, they are about completely changing how the skill works. Anyway, the main point is, (and you are doing this) is play how you want and learn the game yourself, don't rely completely on some guide telling you what to do.