Lost Ark Online

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I am leaning towards Gunlancer/Warlord. I would have considered Summoner but that appears not to be available at launch?

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
Would be nice if they added a male mage type class... like a Warlock or Necromancer, at some point in the future. Never liked sex locked classes, but if they have to have it, a male mage type would be welcomed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Yeah they replaced Summoner with Sorcerer so they could have a more direct 'nuker' class. They will add Summoner with the first quarter after launch.

Did the korean version add Artist last month? Saw something about 'Aeromancer' as well but honestly getting a real list of all the classes and advanced classes in Korea seems oddly difficult to come by. When searching I either get stuff about the North American version only or various wikis that seem more speculation than fact.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So I see that you start with like 6 character slots, can you expand enough times for every class?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah they replaced Summoner with Sorcerer so they could have a more direct 'nuker' class. They will add Summoner with the first quarter after launch.

Did the korean version add Artist last month? Saw something about 'Aeromancer' as well but honestly getting a real list of all the classes and advanced classes in Korea seems oddly difficult to come by. When searching I either get stuff about the North American version only or various wikis that seem more speculation than fact.
Use auto translation it's usually not so bad

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I see that you start with like 6 character slots, can you expand enough times for every class?
You start with 6 slots, can buy up to 12 more for 18total. 15 starting classes so should be fine, usually in these games they expand the char slot max as they add new classes although not entirely sure about this game in particular.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think part of why that guide is suggesting them is that they're the third tankiest class, so should have fine kill time while less punishing of fuck ups?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Would be nice if they added a male mage type class... like a Warlock or Necromancer, at some point in the future. Never liked sex locked classes, but if they have to have it, a male mage type would be welcomed.
Yeah I always thought a Necro type class here would be the tits, and would fill a niche they haven't filled yet

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dunno. Doesn't Asian culture has some issues or restrictions regarding the dead/undead?
Game companies do it to themselves to cut down on the red tape they would have to go through to get their game approved in China. China has some kind of superstition law to be exact, and anything that could be perceived that way is usually voluntarily taken out because its so minor. There is no law in China about Undead or Skeletons, however. Just something WoW and a few other games did on their own. But since China has basically nuked the gaming market, I cant imagine companies would be rushing there to begin with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I dunno. Doesn't Asian culture has some issues or restrictions regarding the dead/undead?
Not necessarily. Mostly it's chinese censorship, and even that is somewhat loose and is more of an issue with the depiction of them. Many chinese games/anime/mangas have undeads, they're just usually not human skeletons. Korea and Japan don't really have that issue and there's plenty of skeletons in their stuff(there's several manwas with skeletons, hell some have skeletons as main characters, same as japanese stuff like Overlord).

So you can get around it, zombies are fine for example, so are ghosts. You can have necromancers that just don't summon skeletons and it wouldn't be that bad, if they were affraid of chinese censorship. Or they could just change the models for china which is also fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Can I get a Necromancer who summons Chinese Marrowgar?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Preload is up btw. Wonder if it'll be faster unpacking this 60gb shit than just downloading it tomorrow, usually takes 10mins to download but like 25mins to unpack.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So which martial artist should I go? I keep hearing everyone say striker but soulfist looks like it's the coolest.

This is too general of a question to provide a specific answer so I'm going to recommend Battlemaster since I haven't seen many people play it and their buffs are amazing.

My best friend and I are going to play LA, but neither of us know shit about this game apart from watching a few videos trying to decide which class to play. Already, the art direction has me feeling like I need to take a shower. It's an incel's dreamworld.

I settled on playing one of the two Assassin classes (not sure which, help?). However, I'm genuinely not happy that there is no male option and you faggots that think it's sexist that guys don't want a female avatar are some fucking smooth-brained windowlickers that likely dream of getting pegged by a catgirl.

Both assassins are viable and mostly come down to a question of personal preference. Deathblade ends up feeling less Asian though, so it sounds like that'll work best? Agreed on the gender lock shit though.

I think part of why that guide is suggesting them is that they're the third tankiest class, so should have fine kill time while less punishing of fuck ups?
Tankiness would certainly be a factor; the positional requirements end up being pretty big later on, especially when you also grab engravings that amplify the need to attack from behind.