Lost Ark Online

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every current archtype will have male/female versions eventually, this is something Smilegate themselves are doing.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Preload is up btw. Wonder if it'll be faster unpacking this 60gb shit than just downloading it tomorrow, usually takes 10mins to download but like 25mins to unpack.
I just want the game ready to go for tomorrow. Do not care if it takes a bit today to get it ready.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure if this was posted or not :

HEAD START​

Servers will open for Head Start access on Tuesday, February 8 at 9AM Pacific (5PM UTC). You must purchase a Founder’s Pack to receive access to the 3-day Head Start. If you purchase a Founder’s Pack at any time during the Head Start, you will be able to play for the remainder of the Head Start period.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if this was posted or not :

HEAD START​

Servers will open for Head Start access on Tuesday, February 8 at 9AM Pacific (5PM UTC). You must purchase a Founder’s Pack to receive access to the 3-day Head Start. If you purchase a Founder’s Pack at any time during the Head Start, you will be able to play for the remainder of the Head Start period.
Pretty stoked. I was initially pretty hesitant about how gated and shit this game is, but with the news of boosts and the fact that I legitimately have about 4 classes (plus 2 more that aren't in NA yet) I think I'll like, I should get a decent amount of mileage out of this. Korean MMOs have a lot of annoying factors, but goddamn is their combat absolute top tier - BDO is still my favorite MMO combat system of all time.

I'll be rolling Mari if any West Coast boiz want to get a guild or whatever started, feel free to DM me. I can setup Discord and shit or whatever too.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Just a quick note for those rolling on Regulus:

Discord has been set up with some channels for us (thanks Alkorin Alkorin ). Please go ahead and use it with your in-game name (when available) for an invite tomorrow. Will be on all day and it's far easier to keep track that way than in game messages.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just want the game ready to go for tomorrow. Do not care if it takes a bit today to get it ready.
But that's the thing, preloads are rarely "ready to go". They're usually encrypted, and once the game releases, the game files have to be decrypted, which takes quite a while. Depending on PC specs and internet specs, it can be faster to just download the game on the day of the release, rather than decrypt it. For example iirc MH rise took like 20mins to decrypt on my PC and it was smaller than Lost Ark, but if Lost Ark isn't heavily encrypted(after all you can't play without the servers being up anyway and there's nothing to datamine or crack) it could be faster to just decrypt it, but it could also be slower.

Guess I'll see tomorrow, if it's slow I'll uninstall and reinstall.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
From the Lost Ark CM:

1644258702762.png

Product inventory is what I've mentioned previously. It's where cash shop/website purchases/items from redeem codes go. You can access it with the shopping cart icon at the bottom right of your screen, or F4, or a button on the top right of your UI that looks like a box with an arrow pointing into it. When you have items in it there will be a number on top of the icon.

Edit: All the items in it can be accessed from any server in the region, since it's account wide.

arrow.png

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently Asmongold is considering Regulus as his server. Fuck that shit. Of course it comes with a chance of killing him in PvP.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Apparently Asmongold is considering Regulus as his server. Fuck that shit. Of course it comes with a chance of killing him in PvP.
From what everyone has said, the population doesn't really matter. Zones will get instanced after about 30 players, with potentially hundreds of instances of the same zone on a single server.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope that is the case. We shall see tomorrow.

Was it clarified as to how naming actually works? Can I pick a name and then just delete the character to use for another character or is the name locked out for good?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Given what occurred to him with NW, I'm going to bet he ends up switching servers at the last moment. He knows his hoards will follow up and whatever he picks will be high pop. We'll see tomorrow (part of the fun of an MMO launch if anything!).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just a quick note for those rolling on Regulus:

Discord has been set up with some channels for us (thanks Alkorin Alkorin ). Please go ahead and use it with your in-game name (when available) for an invite tomorrow. Will be on all day and it's far easier to keep track that way than in game messages.
Looks like some of the older leadership I was wary about is no longer in control of the Discord. So my concerns about how obnoxious it would be are kind of put to rest.
Asmongold doesnt seem very interested in the game from what Ive seen. Looks like he's just playing it because of viewership. He's already complained about playing WoW, New World and FFXIV taking up most of his time and cried about adding a fourth MMO. "I guess I could spend 4 hours on each a day." But who knows?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
My biggest concerns is que times. I really don't want to deal with that shit.

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if server population does not create a log in que, then I could care less. I just hate ques.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait to watch NA players get a dose of a Korean combat system. You're going to find out who are the boomers and fuckin' potatoes REAL quick.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also based on that spreadsheet, Regulus has overtaken as the highest pop server by a lot. But maybe people will see that and go elsewhere.

How does this one compare to BDO Kirun Kirun ? I loved BDO (played it on two separate occasions), but the grind for gear is what broke me. I did grind the shit out of horses though, making a T9 horse entirely from my own breeding.

But I loved grinding out tons of mobs on my Lahn. Heck, even competing with someone trying to take my rotation was fun.

Untitled.png