Lost Ark Online

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Taken a strong liking to Pal - I am almost where i was on my Zerker at this point but sucks how fragmented some systems seem when it comes to alts. I cant touch on quest that hes started so its kind of annoying. After wrapping up Rothun and not yet hitting 600 - whats best way to get harmony crystals? I did most of the islands in the eastern sea as is on my berserker before i decided to go Pal so alot of resources were already used up.

Last edited:

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
finished story and had some T1 content (first raids). Yep it's entertaining although the amount of currencies and systems just for the sake of it is a bit overwhelming. My inventory is full of items I have no idea where I got them and what are they for. Also not thrilled with the "just look at the ingame encyclopedia" approach.
I smell some "last 5% will take 99% of the time" design approach with the collections.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Coin used for normal stuff like liner rides, and normal merchant purchase and your Fort - Gold for market place and to buy crystals - Coins used for different things depending on what trade merchant you find yourself visiting. Its alot of stuff to suddenly have to consider at first.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Leveling an alt after getting some of your stuff going is pretty hilariously broken. Between roster giving you like 10times the stats, runes giving you OP shit like Bleed and starting with 40skill points, it's kinda hilarious how stuff just dies instantly.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For you f2p folks you get a white wolf mount in the shushire part of the main quest, was really tired of the horse and was pleasantly surprised to get it.

Do we get any other free mounts later in the game?
Keep an eye for a quest that gives you a piece of coral as a reward. Keep it and when you get to Rohendel, you'll be able to get a turtle mount, which is faster than the Cerebrus mount.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Keep an eye for a quest that gives you a piece of coral as a reward. Keep it and when you get to Rohendel, you'll be able to get a turtle mount, which is faster than the Cerebrus mount.
Seems the exact same speed as every other mount, but with no active.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Leveling an alt after getting some of your stuff going is pretty hilariously broken. Between roster giving you like 10times the stats, runes giving you OP shit like Bleed and starting with 40skill points, it's kinda hilarious how stuff just dies instantly.

As a Sorc everything (including bosses) has been dying instantly ever since I got Punishing Strike

Running around at level 20 with a skill that does 20k damage was and still is dumb.

Qhue

Trump's Staff

I got a velociraptor mount last night from a quest. It was a nice change of pace from the white horse I had been charging around on. Plus I just get a kick out of a paladin on a velociraptor.

I had not done any of the Chaos Dungeons or Honing until after I went to the northern iceland place but now I see what all the hubbub is about. That's just a nice endorphin engine right there.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I just hit level 20, and I'm still confused about my skill points. Please don't bash on me too harshly, I've never played this game before, but where do I get the runes that enhance my skills? Is that something that drops in the game, and I haven't had any drop yet? I love the combat in the game, and the graphics are gorgeous. I'm having a difficult time using my mouse to move, as I'm just so used to WASD. I keep fucking up in bigger battles, as I'm trying to move, but clicking my abilities by accident! Kinda wish there was a way to change movement to WASD, it's just what I'm used to from so many other games.

As far as the game itself, I know everyone says the game really starts at 50, but holy fuck this game is on super rails. And I thought WoW was bad. This game is just a huge point and click on the map from A to B to C. At least in WoW, you spent a few levels in each area. This game just feels like a sprint to the finish line. I'm definitely having fun, especially for a free game, but man I'm not sure about leveling up 4 or 5 alts to 50 as well. I'm also completely uncertain if I'm spending my skill points in the right spheres, but I guess you can respec without much hassle. Anyway, would sure like to play with a couple of friends on here if anyone is around the same level.
I'm Svetyana on Regulus, Death Blade. I'm a noob, but I'm getting better!

Pretty sure runes only start dropping at max level content. I have leveled to 50 and haven't seen any. I am not through the story yet, just getting to Vern. Do I really have to just keep doing more story even though I hit 50 midway through the last continent?

As for the story/pacing, once you get into your 40s you'll start to see what they were going for. When I started I was like "this is retarded, we learned about the plague and cured the entire world of it in 3 quests!", but that's because I was seeing those first continent quests as being the world building/lore for the entire game. As you go you realize each continent is it's own little side episode of the story that is self contained within it's own genre. The pacing feels stupid because it's supposed to resolve quickly vs being setting up some epic story. After realizing that, I'm actually enjoying the story more than I thought I would. Even though it's so poorly written it has the feeling of a bunch of dudes sitting in a room going YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME. IF X HAPPENED.

To return to the list of unforgivable sins though, why are they repeatedly calling this thing a monorail when it has two rails? Unplayable.

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thought this clip was spot on for Lost Ark quest/story. I really enjoy the game but the story and its quest are really of the lowest quality. The dungeons and scale of fights are awesome though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure runes only start dropping at max level content. I have leveled to 50 and haven't seen any. I am not through the story yet, just getting to Vern. Do I really have to just keep doing more story even though I hit 50 midway through the last continent?

As for the story/pacing, once you get into your 40s you'll start to see what they were going for. When I started I was like "this is retarded, we learned about the plague and cured the entire world of it in 3 quests!", but that's because I was seeing those first continent quests as being the world building/lore for the entire game. As you go you realize each continent is it's own little side episode of the story that is self contained within it's own genre. The pacing feels stupid because it's supposed to resolve quickly vs being setting up some epic story. After realizing that, I'm actually enjoying the story more than I thought I would. Even though it's so poorly written it has the feeling of a bunch of dudes sitting in a room going YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE AWESOME. IF X HAPPENED.

To return to the list of unforgivable sins though, why are they repeatedly calling this thing a monorail when it has two rails? Unplayable.
Story shit is fine IMO, some of it is cheesy as fuck but then again most fantasy BS shit is in a way, lol. Voice acting on the other hand ranges from cringe to OK.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
As a Sorc everything (including bosses) has been dying instantly ever since I got Punishing Strike

Running around at level 20 with a skill that does 20k damage was and still is dumb.

Game does itself a disservice as you level up of making you feel like a God. There is absolutely no challenge or enjoyment out of leveling, besides a few set pieces that feel sort of cool the first few plays throughs. First day of FoH chat was everyone talking about how they didn't even need to use a potion while leveling.

...and then you start running some of the later Guardians and Abyss Dungeons and pot spamming on CD, running to get more, and dying. Sometimes a lot. As an example, on the 1040 Ghost ship last night, we were about ~30-40 players, all of which having obtained a rather significant gear score for this stage. We wiped hard and barely got him to 40% -- most people dying 5-10 times. All of the mechanics could be dodged, they just required near perfect play.

Thought this clip was spot on for Lost Ark quest/story. I really enjoy the game but the story and its quest are really of the lowest quality. The dungeons and scale of fights are awesome though.

The story is terrible but the set pieces are really cool at certain intervals. This sort of changes by ~Feiton. At that point, they up the set pieces (siege of Luterran has nothing on the siege of Feiton) and the story starts to bring some more interesting elements.
SO how do you guys get mats for your alts when youre done with islands on your main?

There's a myriad of ways. As an example, tower will no longer give you the first time rewards but instead provide you mats. I'd suggest looking up an alt video as there's several tips & tricks.

I got a velociraptor mount last night from a quest. It was a nice change of pace from the white horse I had been charging around on. Plus I just get a kick out of a paladin on a velociraptor.

I had not done any of the Chaos Dungeons or Honing until after I went to the northern iceland place but now I see what all the hubbub is about. That's just a nice endorphin engine right there.

Feels good to +15 a piece of gear. Feels terrible to fail 4 times. At least there's a mercy mechanic and you can't lose levels or I would probably instantly quit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This game kills me with the cutscenes. So damn many of the freaking things and a good fraction of them have abysmal pacing and/or include on-the-rails plot elements that make me just annoyed.

"Yeah okay I can see that the guy is getting his ass kicked, I'm here to help.... Ummm... I'm standing right here....Can I maybe prevent him from... nope... he's toast"

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
To be fair on EU, it was over in like 40mins instead of 2hours, so it wasn't all that bad.
That's 40 minutes plus queue, no? When Thirain had that "quick restart" in prime evening hours yesterday I didn't even try to get back in - didn't feel like it after the 3+h queue to finally play and getting hit with "back to queue lol" within the hour.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I keep saying it, but the dungeons in this is amazing. Did Phantom Palace last night on hard and it was unlike anything I've ever seen in an MMO. Shit, even for a single player game.

I don't know how you can't enjoy them (at least the first time, before they're abyss versions).

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I keep saying it, but the dungeons in this is amazing. Did Phantom Palace last night on hard and it was unlike anything I've ever seen in an MMO. Shit, even for a single player game.

I don't know how you can't enjoy them (at least the first time, before they're abyss versions).
Honestly, my biggest knock on the game is the amount of systems/currencies available that they don't do a great job of explaining. The leveling portion of this game gets way more hate than it deserves, I think a lot of which is because of the shitty VA - just use the dubs instead of the cringe English VAs.

That said, some of the "leveling" dungeons are insanely well done. The Indiana Jones dungeon, the Helms Deep reenactment, the Ying/Yang boss/dungeon, the dungeon where you and your party get mech suits, etc.

I just wish the leveling part of the game guided you to ALL the dungeons, rather than just several of them. That and there are several MSQ portions that feel like a talking simulator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do alts work with quests? Do they need to do the purple ones also or is that account wide?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How do alts work with quests? Do they need to do the purple ones also or is that account wide?
All of the purple and blue quests are "roster" quests, which means they only need to be done once. The same goes for ANY quest that results in a "roster" reward such as skill potions, stat potions, etc.

More or less, alts never need to touch quests unless you just prefer questing on an alt rather than a main.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users