Lost Ark Online

Raes

Vyemm Raider
For some reason I thought only certain classes could counter, not all of them. So Ive been cruising along just learning encounters etc. without even trying to counter and now it's going to be a fuck ton harder to break my own bad habits and learn when I should do it. Normally, I'd feel bad for not knowing that I could essentially "interrupt" from WoW - but Ive seen basically no one but Gunlancer's do it. Not an excuse since its still total trash to not know these things, but ffs - can they at least put some big red flashing tutorial on the shit?

Counters were what Smilegate put in the game so they could move away from the "back attack meta." I was like, lol, it's not meta, it's how you designed the fucking game.

Try breaking the habit of over a year of staying away from a boss's face and dashing to avoid charges, which are now blue. I think they could have done counters a little better. Like, if you're not standing in front of the boss, and leaving that skill off cooldown, and not already in a skill animation...just so many things that make it a clunky mechanic for most classes.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Counters were what Smilegate put in the game so they could move away from the "back attack meta."
So instead, we've introduced...wait for it....FRONT ATTACK META!!!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

"As the result of this work, today (3/4) we will be permanently removing over a million illegitimate accounts from the game that have been determined to be running bots."

View attachment 401677
Pretty dumb to do a ban wave and not have put anything in place before hand to limit it further. I can count a hundred different ways they could combat gold farmers, so its just pure laziness to just do a mass ban without any restrictions in place. Gold Farmers will be back within a day cause a new account is just another day on the farm. The only bans that will be effective are those Average Joe gamers that are botting so they can try to keep up with the no-lifers. Which is just a bug on the window shield of the gold farm. Limiting the amount of gold a character can have before 50, before 802, before 1302 etc. would at least be a step in the right direction. They'll never stop botting altogether, but if an account has to be played for 40-50 hours before, then the ban will actually have an impact on the botter if they get caught.

Basically, the games getting a lot of attention because of bots right now. So in my mind, the MASSIVE BAN WAVE is just a PR move. Pretty much what I think Raes is alluding to.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Pretty dumb to do a ban wave and not have put anything in place before hand to limit it further. I can count a hundred different ways they could combat gold farmers, so its just pure laziness to just do a mass ban without any restrictions in place. Gold Farmers will be back within a day cause a new account is just another day on the farm. The only bans that will be effective are those Average Joe gamers that are botting so they can try to keep up with the no-lifers. Which is just a bug on the window shield of the gold farm. Limiting the amount of gold a character can have before 50, before 802, before 1302 etc. would at least be a step in the right direction. They'll never stop botting altogether, but if an account has to be played for 40-50 hours before, then the ban will actually have an impact on the botter if they get caught.

Basically, the games getting a lot of attention because of bots right now. So in my mind, the MASSIVE BAN WAVE is just a PR move. Pretty much what I think Raes is alluding to.

It's easier and simpler than that. Simply do what RU did when these fucktarded tutorial quests were introduced. Remove the gold reward. Bam, done. Took them like a week to notice the problem and a few days after that to get Smilegate to shit out a patch. Yes, you'll still have bots to farm gathering mats, but you won't have hundreds of thousands of gold being rained down on the economy daily.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Animated GIF

• 2Like

Cybsled

This game has a bad documentation problem. So I visit that cruise ship and buy a lobster dinner rapport item. Great, I think, I'll use this later. So I go do some questing and then suddenly I get a message that the lobster dinner is now a cold lobster dinner. I check my inventory and now its a worthless trash item that vendors for 1 silver. What the fuck? I don't recall the thing having a fucking timer on it.

At least let the player turn it into a lobster roll lol

Daidraco

This game has a bad documentation problem. So I visit that cruise ship and buy a lobster dinner rapport item. Great, I think, I'll use this later. So I go do some questing and then suddenly I get a message that the lobster dinner is now a cold lobster dinner. I check my inventory and now its a worthless trash item that vendors for 1 silver. What the fuck? I don't recall the thing having a fucking timer on it.

At least let the player turn it into a lobster roll lol
Ya, I picked up a couple of those on Peyto and noticed the little clock on it. Weird idea to have a 20 minute timer on those? But Im sure they have some special snowflake NPC that likes those over the generic 2500 hearts epic rapport item thats basically free. Last I checked I had like 75k hearts. I could finger blast some Rapport I guess, but meh.

Last edited:

Aazrael

How hard are the last 3 Abyss Raids in Tier 2? Pugable or will I lose my mind?

Will probably not need the armor from it as I'm 1060 item level and don't really need better gear, but would be nice for materials.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I Did them all in pugs. But I’m a paladin and able to weasel into pugs with higher ilvl people and/or guild groups missing one or 2. Honestly though the only “hard for pugs” boss is the last of alarics I probably spent like 4 hours wiping on him with various pugs before getting a kill.

Daidraco

Even in match making on the 8 mans, you can usually get by before 10 wipes. Its a lot, but it is doable. Im sure as the average persons ilvl increases as well, that it wont even be in the same realm of difficulty as it was a couple weeks ago.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
First dungeon is really easy unless people are maximum retarded and you can basically 4man it if you're in the late bit of T2 or if you have T3 players in.

2nd dungeon has one mechanic to do, the orb shit, it's very easy to get though, you'll wipe when ppl don't know it, but after a couple of wipes everyone understand how it works cause it's very obvious and simple.

3rd dungeon is annoying because it has more mechanics that rely on people not being retarded, like the siren gold orb shit and the pillars on the big guy, and then the last boss combines more mechanics than most other fights, the mechanics aren't terribly complicated but people fuck them up often, and he also hits quite hard even if you're outgearing it. Can take a while to clear that one, even with a party who has already cleared, depending on RNG on his ability order and shit, and how dumb people are being with the few mechanics they have to respect.

You can clear just the first 2 at least pretty easily for mats, and can try the 3rd when you have some spare time. Do look up videos to not waste time though, 3rd one especially.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Stuck at 1080 now for days. Think I'm pretty much done with this BS. No idea how to get mats at this point is.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

elidib

Vyemm Raider
daily chaos, daily guardian, daily chaos gate/world boss for moons breaths, cube and boss rush if you get lucky enough to get a ticket, buy mats from sylmael bloodstone vendor, merchant ship in the city docks, and if you get desperate enough, spend a few k to get the last couple points off the AH because you'll make it back up later.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The biggest problem with the endgame of this is you get +gooder.
But you are doing the same thing as the lower levels. (302) Some of the mobs change abilities and shit and the gaps narrow on fuck ups and recoveries, but it is the same damn thing over and over spaced out over weeks.

Neat game. Almost done with it though.

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can certainly see a point where the game just kind of drifts off. I found Guild Wars 2 had the same problem and this game has a lot of those mechanics in it.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
At 1340 but need 1370 to be content - going to be a struggle since my alts are all T1 still

Aazrael

Got through all the Tier 2 Abyss dungeons but got stuck not being able to kill Alric. Mostly due to bad party composition due to the matchmaking.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm did they break the islands during the weekend? I guess maybe you NA ppl don't know yet, but here on EUC the 2nd set of islands is still locked, usually can do 2sets of islands during the weekend but not this time? Not sure if it was a bug before.