Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I’m excited to try this class. Love spears! Those with experience, which is the better class engraving?
From what I've read which was a bunch of KR posts and shit, at our current level Pinacle is better, with Control being better in the late late endgame due to having better engraving choices. Pinacle was buffed a bit in the PTR balance patch though so could be closer, but anyway that's like 1540+ stuff so irrelevant for us. That said the differences aren't massive so you can pick whatever you prefer I think, Control is a bit more limited since you're just playing a class without an identity skill at all, while Pinacle has the stance switching, which also gives it the long range non directional attacks which is nice when you don't want to ass hug.

I'll be going Pinacle myself I think because if control looks a bit boring, kinda like Perfect Suppression Shadow Hunter. Although maybe I'll change my mind later on, having an alt with swiftness main stat+good movement skill that's not my paladin would be nice for gathering. My paladin is fine but I end up having to switching between spirit absorption and preemptive strike books for my 2nd preset and it's annoying. Might just spend 50 blue crystals and get a 3rd preset and just forget about it though.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks. I figured that would be the case. I like full swiftness builds though. Running fast is nice.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Delayed and with a last minute announcement kek.

I'm sure AGS will take all the blame, but it's gotta be Smilegate fucking this up too and the mixture of both companies is straight dog water.

I wonder if I can be patient to hold this surplus of mats for another week+. Might have to push another char into T3 and finish getting my scrapper to 1385.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Bikini skins when.

Yesterday and today I ended up selling about 75% of skin boxes I had and my equipped skins as prices on USW are nearly back to where they were or more in some cases when I bought them originally which is pretty great since I thought I was going to eat it bad when market tanked.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
As mentioned, Super premium is a wallpaper & outfit. They also tossed in legendary rapport chests, which were already available through Mari's shop. I suspect Asmon's video about how incredibly P2W this is will be out shortly.

Absolutely fan-fucking-tastic update for a few reasons, specifically:
  • Improved co-op party play for Secret Maps. Now all four members can submit a map to get rewards with one run. No more worrying about someone dropping from your group after you used your map!
  • Glavier
  • South Vern (albeit, shitty that they're delaying chaos dungeons for casuals - wtf?)
  • Progress event for additional alt incentive
  • Feiton pass --) give me more of these thanks
  • Literally another event to ensure everyone can keep catching up to materials - just like every version of the game, catching up is always made super wtf easy and people who blew cash will continue to feel like idiots.

Not really sure how anyone's takeaway isn't "this is good shit, bring on more of the UI elements and Destroyer + legion raids + some of the other South Vern material shit in the next month please kthanks".

FYI - if you want to start doing PVP, you should join the Glavier train that is about to start.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
With the Feiton Power Pass lasting until June, I'm pretty sure that means we won't be getting one with Destroyer. Kind of a bummer, as I was going to use this one to juice a Sorc alt, but might wait now to juice up my true main in May.

Map change is awesome and much needed, glad they are finally adding that. Anybody have a screenshot for the wallpaper? Super premium was kind of a scam in Korea for Ark Pass, but premium tends to be worth it if you want the skins and such. Not sure I'll do it, since the skins are fucking garbage IMO.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I am of two minds when it comes to this game so far. One one hand $15 for a power pass 3x a year plus $50 for character slots and shit really isn't much money hell it comes out to less than most MMORPG subscriptions. However this game offers less than let's say a $15 a month for WoW as far as I am concerned. I really don't care if they want to charge ass loads for cosmetics like mounts and wallpapers for the ultra deep dick faggot pass but it really irks me that I am going to be somewhat forced into the premium pass if I want to keep up given the amount of materials they apparently give. I honestly wouldn't care if they were at least purchasable with blue crystals but as this game progresses it seems like there are new stages of shit sandwiches you are expected to eat.

Again any game that wants to charge for cosmetics go right the fuck ahead, if Amazon wanted to add a Rolls Royce mount for $72,000 and an NFT scam to sucker dipshit out of their cash please by all means milk those faggots for all they are worth, sell spinning rims and rent to own TV's for all I care, shit add payday cash advance loans for gold the sky is the limit on deep dicking retards out of cash.

But if I am expected to fork over money to access characters and keep up by getting basic gearing rewards than these American Inventor faggot dipshits better step up the customer service side of things and pull their stupid fucking heads out of their assholes and address the goddamn botting plague of this shithole game. I'll pay money if you service your fucking game but while American Inventors are teleporting all over the goddamn screen, Chinese American Inventor faggots are twitch streaming their bots and laughing about it, and bots are hacking the in game pvp systems I don't see why anyone would fork over a single penny to these soulless dick nuggets.

The game is fun but shallow as shit, as we are spoon fed content there is a constant grind that just isn't going to be worth doing months at a time for the very limited raiding that is offered. For a couple of months I have been knocking out Una's and shit doing weeklys, and dailies, and chaos shit, and guardians and really most of it is mindless and fun enough. Even across a few characters I can knock out a good chuck of this stuff and not think twice. Like many of you we're used to grinding, grinded EQ, grinded D2, D3, WoW, Final Fantasy, grinded old school SNES RPGs, so I don't mind that aspect until it feels like these dick sneezes are purposefully wasting your fucking time. Shit like the Guardian raid ass aids feel like a purposeful waste of time, some of the shittier Una's feel like a purposeful waste of time.

Nothing really feels out of reach in the game but much of it does feel like a repeated slog, some of the things I appreciate is how much progress is simply roster wide and honestly games like WoW should learn from this and unfuck their reputation systems and other things. Certain changes like the map fix is positive but it also begs the question if you already improved basic quality of life things in Korea and Russia and you know full god damn fucking well that these changes such (someone mentioned in the korean versions they don't deep dick your shithole letting you trade your own items to your alts for pheons) or the front and back attack indicators, the UI updates, who is the moron who decided you know what lets just release a shittier version for no goddamn fucking reason. It's one thing to delay content I don't even have a real complaint about the pacing but holy shit why would you intentionally release a shitty version of basic QOL changes you made to keep people playing this shit?

Foolishly I will probably drop $50 or $100 on this buying the royal crystal bundle of 5750 or 1200 and I feel like I will have gotten my moneys worth out of it for the next year of content but am I going to find out in another 2 months there is another avenue of shit in your mouth pass to buy? There is already the crystalline aura to maintain monthly again not a big deal really didn't bat an eye at that but if just seems like we're slowly being drip fed a sewage pipe with zero in game support. This isn't Korea people aren't signing up with their social credit system so they need to do more than some EZ anticheat garbage.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
With the Feiton Power Pass lasting until June, I'm pretty sure that means we won't be getting one with Destroyer. Kind of a bummer, as I was going to use this one to juice a Sorc alt, but might wait now to juice up my true main in May.

Map change is awesome and much needed, glad they are finally adding that. Anybody have a screenshot for the wallpaper? Super premium was kind of a scam in Korea for Ark Pass, but premium tends to be worth it if you want the skins and such. Not sure I'll do it, since the skins are fucking garbage IMO.
I don't think the power pass lasting until June means we're not getting one for Destroyer. Hell they even added an express event thing on top of the power pass, so it looks like we can powerlvl 2 chars to T3 with this(one powerpass to Feiton which skips a shit ton of stuff, and the other with the express event feeding it mats, so along with towers you'll probably fly through the tiers), so I think they're already doing it like KR/RU where they don't give a fuck how many chars they boost and are just gonna be giving these away left and right. Honestly this goes hand in hand with trying to get ppl to 1415, getting T3 alts helps immensely with that even if you barely play them in T3, just farming the 1100 chaos dungeon in Punika on rested rotation adds a fair amount of mats for your main and obviously getting those alts to 1340 generates a solid amount(for our current state) of gold every week. I'll probably grab a random class I wanted to test for the express shit, maybe Gunlancer or Gunslinger or whatever I'll think about it.

I could be wrong, but since I also don't care about Destroyer I'll just be using them, but honestly I'd be super surprised if they came out and said they weren't giving at least a Feiton boost to Destroyer(hell I think they might just give it a Punika boost seeing as how they'll be releasing Valtan in the same patch).

For the pass thing personally I think it's fine the way it is? 15$ every 4months is cheap enough and that still looks optional, free pass still generates like half the mats, so if you don't want pay for mats it's something you can easily ignore. Crystalline aura being buyable with gold means I don't think I'll ever spend real money on it so the pass is the only thing I'd spend money on. They also made the super premium shit "only" 15$ more than that and it gives a bunch of cosmetics, which makes it like half the price of Omen pack, which comes a bit as a surprise tbh. I don't like the skins much though but at the same time I hate how the Argos set looks on my Shadowhunter so I might still fork some money/gold. Looks better than the assassin omen at least. Wish they weren't so fucking slow with skins though but that's been a complaint since the start and they apparently don't care, they're gonna drip feed us these skins instead of releasing a decent baseline amount for people to customize their chars and then drip feeding the rest.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
So I am of two minds when it comes to this game so far. One one hand $15 for a power pass 3x a year plus $50 for character slots and shit really isn't much money hell it comes out to less than most MMORPG subscriptions. However this game offers less than let's say a $15 a month for WoW as far as I am concerned. I really don't care if they want to charge ass loads for cosmetics like mounts and wallpapers for the ultra deep dick faggot pass but it really irks me that I am going to be somewhat forced into the premium pass if I want to keep up given the amount of materials they apparently give. I honestly wouldn't care if they were at least purchasable with blue crystals but as this game progresses it seems like there are new stages of shit sandwiches you are expected to eat.

Again any game that wants to charge for cosmetics go right the fuck ahead, if Amazon wanted to add a Rolls Royce mount for $72,000 and an NFT scam to sucker dipshit out of their cash please by all means milk those faggots for all they are worth, sell spinning rims and rent to own TV's for all I care, shit add payday cash advance loans for gold the sky is the limit on deep dicking retards out of cash.

But if I am expected to fork over money to access characters and keep up by getting basic gearing rewards than these American Inventor faggot dipshits better step up the customer service side of things and pull their stupid fucking heads out of their assholes and address the goddamn botting plague of this shithole game. I'll pay money if you service your fucking game but while American Inventors are teleporting all over the goddamn screen, Chinese American Inventor faggots are twitch streaming their bots and laughing about it, and bots are hacking the in game pvp systems I don't see why anyone would fork over a single penny to these soulless dick nuggets.

The game is fun but shallow as shit, as we are spoon fed content there is a constant grind that just isn't going to be worth doing months at a time for the very limited raiding that is offered. For a couple of months I have been knocking out Una's and shit doing weeklys, and dailies, and chaos shit, and guardians and really most of it is mindless and fun enough. Even across a few characters I can knock out a good chuck of this stuff and not think twice. Like many of you we're used to grinding, grinded EQ, grinded D2, D3, WoW, Final Fantasy, grinded old school SNES RPGs, so I don't mind that aspect until it feels like these dick sneezes are purposefully wasting your fucking time. Shit like the Guardian raid ass aids feel like a purposeful waste of time, some of the shittier Una's feel like a purposeful waste of time.

Nothing really feels out of reach in the game but much of it does feel like a repeated slog, some of the things I appreciate is how much progress is simply roster wide and honestly games like WoW should learn from this and unfuck their reputation systems and other things. Certain changes like the map fix is positive but it also begs the question if you already improved basic quality of life things in Korea and Russia and you know full god damn fucking well that these changes such (someone mentioned in the korean versions they don't deep dick your shithole letting you trade your own items to your alts for pheons) or the front and back attack indicators, the UI updates, who is the moron who decided you know what lets just release a shittier version for no goddamn fucking reason. It's one thing to delay content I don't even have a real complaint about the pacing but holy shit why would you intentionally release a shitty version of basic QOL changes you made to keep people playing this shit?

Foolishly I will probably drop $50 or $100 on this buying the royal crystal bundle of 5750 or 1200 and I feel like I will have gotten my moneys worth out of it for the next year of content but am I going to find out in another 2 months there is another avenue of shit in your mouth pass to buy? There is already the crystalline aura to maintain monthly again not a big deal really didn't bat an eye at that but if just seems like we're slowly being drip fed a sewage pipe with zero in game support. This isn't Korea people aren't signing up with their social credit system so they need to do more than some EZ anticheat garbage.

Just want to clarify a few things as the complaint is legitimate but there are a few caveats worth noting;

1) This update is more aligned with the cadence that we see in KR in terms of casual versus whale play. Argos was the outlier, so it's possible that AGS fucks things up again but really, the added premium mats are completely unnecessary to progress your character. This update is aimed at a gear of score 1340 and, I'm sorry, if you're not able to be 1340 by this stage with the most recent addition of methods to earn materials without having spent a dime, you are pants on head retarded at MMO play (or play 1 hour a week). You can easily be 1340 without a single alt, AH play, or anything but logging in for 20 minutes a day doing only chaos dungeons. If you opt not to spend on the pass, you will still be capable of being well ahead of future updates, provided you're not an idiot. Legion raids will traditionally require you to keep 2-3 alts to feed your main but, fuck, if you want to raid in an MMO on day #1 of the launch of the aforementioned raids, you're going to need to put in some extra time. There is an example of a KR player who has never paid a cent and has something like 18 alts on multiple accounts at a ridiculously high GS. Yes, buying the cheapo pass lets you have the ability to, for instance, transition to a new main and catch back up quicker. It isn't a make or break thing though, nor should it ever be required for you to progress on content at day #1 of a patch. I've legitimately said this a million times but anyone who is whaling on this game is a fucking retard who wants attention. This update is aligned with that thought process and the future equalized content will continue that trend.

2) Unlocking additional slots is sort of there bread & butter. The game, as you stated, is shallow. They know that the most attractive feature is that, when these new classes come out, it's really, really fun to play. Thus they make unlocking additional slots cost money, which is fine for me. They've gotta make some cash somewhere and, frankly, each time a class gets released from here on out, you'll be hard pressed to find a better value for your money than an extra character slot. $8.00 for getting to build a new character and run some chaos dungeons, learn the engraving builds, play around in some raids will easily net you 50-100 hours even if you end up hating the alt (and likely a lot more). If that time isn't worth it to you then well, we have very, very different notions of the value of $8.00, especially if they do the (correct) thing and provide you a free pass to get you close to the current tier of content. You've used WoW as a comparison and I'm fine with that debate: I do think it's more aligned with WoW's pricing on character boosts though, which is still at like $60 for a boost that's still further away from being able to run M+ or heroic raiding than a Feiton boost is. They're giving you the boost for free but baiting you with the Glaiver release (it's no coincidence they upped the character limit with the patch as well). I'm sure lots of people will talk about how the WoW boosts were fucking stupid and a sign of the end of the game but, really, they're here to stay at this point and every game does it -- I just care that the pricing isn't AIDS, which I don't feel it is in this case. It would have been retarded but they could have 100% simply released the class without the boost being made available (I'm sure some retard suggested this) and forced folks to have hoarded mats and been pressured into the shop to skip on all the BS of getting a character to Feiton but thankfully they didn't.

3) There won't be anymore avenues of shit to buy that I am aware of. Just be aware that you didn't factor in the cost of the Crystalline Aura, which is something I earnestly view as being far more QOL required than the premium pass.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
You can easily be 1340 without a single alt, AH play, or anything but logging in for 20 minutes a day doing only chaos dungeons.
Can confirm. I'm 1340 (only just!), no alts, extremely casual, started more than a week after launch. Some weeks I don't even complete the 6x chaos dungeon weekly (like this week where I only did 4). Don't do abyss dungeon or generally any other content other than chaos/guardian/una's most days. I do either cube or boss rush once a week for the weekly, so I'm stacked full of tickets I CBF using.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

You should already be at or a cunt's hair away from 1415 as is, on your main. Especially with Naruni racing and the guardian event they added the past few weeks. Unless you're just a turbo casual or a total retard at games. 1415 is all you need for Valtan and he's probably still a good month or so away and the only "prep for/goal" content on the horizon. By that standard, you absolutely don't need to spend a fuckin' cent on the Ark Pass to "catch up". In fact, I think Super Premium (Premium is a decent deal if you care about the pet) is a total fucking waste and people buying it are either whales, idiots, or just one of those retards that has to have EVERY FUCKING SKIN EVER. The ONLY reason I'd even give ANY consideration for the Super Premium is because of the wallpaper. In KR, most wallpapers don't really ever come around again. So, if you don't get them when they're released, you're sort of shit out of luck. Who knows if that'll hold true in NA. But, do you honestly give a flying fuck what your character select screen looks like if you see it for all of 5 seconds/day? I sure as fuck don't.

As far as character slots go, $8.00 for some extra content in the form of an alt is a fucking STEAL in Biden's economy.

Last edited:

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
You should already be at or a cunt's hair away from 1415 as is, on your main. Especially with Naruni racing and the guardian event they added the past few weeks. Unless you're just a turbo casual or a total retard at games. 1415 is all you need for Valtan and he's probably still a good month or so away and the only "prep for/goal" content on the horizon. By that standard, you absolutely don't need to spend a fuckin' cent on the Ark Pass to "catch up". In fact, I think Super Premium (Premium is a decent deal if you care about the pet) is a total fucking waste and people buying it are either whales, idiots, or just one of those retards that has to have EVERY FUCKING SKIN EVER. The ONLY reason I'd even give ANY consideration for the Super Premium is because of the wallpaper. In KR, most wallpapers don't really ever come around again. So, if you don't get them when they're released, you're sort of shit out of luck. Who knows if that'll hold true in NA. But, do you honestly give a flying fuck what your character select screen looks like if you see it for all of 5 seconds/day? I sure as fuck don't.

As far as character slots go, $8.00 for some extra content in the form of an alt is a fucking STEAL in Biden's economy.

I started LA the day it launched (I'd bought the platinum founders pack, then didn't actually have time to play), done my chaos dungeons every day, guardians, etc. I didn't have a clue how the economy worked, but I've made a reasonable amount (and wasted a reasonable amount) of gold. I'm at 1404 on my main, almost all horizontal progression done (now just stuck on tokens from RNG adventure islands and adventure maps/collections gated behind rapport), with 1 alt in T3 and 1 in T2.

I should hit 1415, pending RNGesus on fails by Valtan. But that is playing every day, doing everything possible, and swiping (a little) to get some mats from Mari's store during T2 when I got stuck.

I imagine that the vast majority of people are still probably a good way away from 1415, and will still be by Valtan. That said, it should 100% come out, because some more end game content is sorely needed. I respect those who can run 4-5 alts, but holy crap, I can't :emoji_sweat_smile:

I will 100% be geting the premium pass (like you, I don't get the super-uber premium pass of pointlessness), but thats because I still view it as cheaper than an MMO sub, and this game fits perfectly around my scheudle and play times these days (ah, long gone are those 20 hour raids on the Combine!), so spending a little to keep easy progress going works for me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I imagine that the vast majority of people are still probably a good way away from 1415, and will still be by Valtan.
Yes and the vast "majority" suck fucking shit at this game (and most games/MMOs) and are ultra-retards. Or, they are ultra-casuals who play 1-2 hours a week.

So, my statement still stands that if you play the game semi-regularly and don't suck at it, you're either 1415 or a cunt's hair from it. Even you're only a few hones away and that's with only 1 T3 alt. Like I said, the Ark Pass rage is totally unwarranted as you won't even need it to "keep up" with content if you're playing this game even halfway decently.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I would say if you're playing fairly normally, you're probably closer to 1385 than 1415 atm. That's still a good amount but the time it takes from 1385 to 1415 is quite long especially without a bunch of alts, so I'd say the vast majority of ppl are still pretty far from the 1415 stuff. Still just the free ark pass+getting 2 almost free alts if you split the feiton pass and the leveling express shit, and the fact the may update is like a full month away(quite likely 5weeks away even) and that they'll likely be running a replacement event once the guardian event is done that will most likely reward even more shit means you can probably get from 1385 to 1415 or close enough before Valtan releases without paying anything. And I fully expect Valtan patch(assuming it releases on time) to also include at least one event that'd make it easier to get to 1415 for people who are close(honing books? I think those exist right for legendary gear, legendary honing books that drop from Valtan Hard?).

Still 15$ might be worth it for the mats infusion, depending on what's in the pass if you want to "catch up" faster. Although it seems there's basically 0 reason to be 1415 currently, as 1400 is enough to do all content with everything being removed from South Vern. Maybe the "chaos line" shit is the bridge and that has a hard mode at 1415? But it just gives mats and shit so nothing amazing and it's one time only(roster wide).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am playing at what would be called the inbetween rate. I am not super hardcore with knowledge of how the game runs from three years experience, but I am also playing this game an average of 3-4 hours a day. I am hoping to be near/at 1400 today. I am not using ALTS to push it as I am still leveling them.

So some clarification. We are getting a free pass today? Is that the 1-50 one, or the content one, or both?

I knew the race was ending but I thought we would get the vendor one more time. Bummer........

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I am playing at what would be called the inbetween rate. I am not super hardcore with knowledge of how the game runs from three years experience, but I am also playing this game an average of 3-4 hours a day. I am hoping to be near/at 1400 today. I am not using ALTS to push it as I am still leveling them.

So some clarification. We are getting a free pass today? Is that the 1-50 one, or the content one, or both?

I knew the race was ending but I thought we would get the vendor one more time. Bummer........

We got the free pass (plus the premium ones), the express, and South Vern. The race is over however the total amount of materials provided today was astronomical and far more than the race provided.