Lost Ark Online

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These aren't the bots causing queues though. And over half is a massive exageration, although I guess botters will be more likely to think everyone else is also botting.

There is nothing limiting someone to bot 1 account vs 8 to 16. Takes a bit longer to set up, but I could easily be running 8 accounts non stop vs 1 in a matter of an hour or so. Others here will act like its some revelation, but I know quite a few here had to have jumped on the bot wagon from the start.

I really wanted to love this game, but you either play 12 to 18 hrs a day like some do here, or you just load up multiple bots and be done with it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If anything it's understated not exaggerated. Amazon is pure aids about bots.
No? These aren't bots being ran by players to farm their own gold, this is your usual gold farmers with thousands of accounts to generate gold for their business. I never said there weren't bots obviously there's a shit ton of them I literally said that in the post quoted above, but to say it's just random joes running their 28bots to farm their gold so they can do Argos on 8chars is some massive exaggeration. The amount of bots that players actually run to farm for their own stuff is a minor amount of the total bots, a likely negligible amount. It's also likely not zerkers in Vern/Luterra, people running bots to farm for their main are likely just running T3 bots farming infinite chaos since that's a lot more profitable, and since they only have one/two account botting, they can micromanage it to get to T3 easily without using speedhacks that'd flag you more easily and stuff.

And ultimately it's a lot of projection, "I don't have enough time to play so I bot, which means everyone else is also botting or play 18hours a day" is some pretty stupid shit. The game doesn't require that much time, but yes it does require some time and if you have an hour to play a day you'll feel like you're behind, so I can kinda get the idea of botting to supplement shit, but some people can afford to play 3-4hours a day and you can easily keep up with that many hours.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It just seems like Amazon is letting the bots stick around because it inflates their player numbers.

I have a hard time believing they can't get rid of a majority of them after this long. Sure bots will always be an ongoing issue, but this is ridiculous.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
There is nothing limiting someone to bot 1 account vs 8 to 16. Takes a bit longer to set up, but I could easily be running 8 accounts non stop vs 1 in a matter of an hour or so. Others here will act like its some revelation, but I know quite a few here had to have jumped on the bot wagon from the start.

I really wanted to love this game, but you either play 12 to 18 hrs a day like some do here, or you just load up multiple bots and be done with it.
I don't understand why you're playing then? Or rather, who you're playing for. Is it just to "win" the race against other players to a meaningless high ilvl?

Tide27

I don't understand why you're playing then? Or rather, who you're playing for. Is it just to "win" the race against other players to a meaningless high ilvl?

I stopped playing. I like many things about the game, but with my limited play time there was never a day I could log in and progress in the game, all I could do is to log in, do dailys on 2 toons, log out x7 days a week.

If it wasnt a chaos, a daily guardian, or 3x Una's...i didnt have a chance to see it.

Botting...I could now log on and do something different and see diff content because I had the mats / gold.

Im not here to beat the game up, nor will I shit up the thread non stop about the parts of the game I dont like.

I certainly understand why so many bots exsist and dont see it slowing down in the slightest.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It just seems like Amazon is letting the bots stick around because it inflates their player numbers.

I have a hard time believing they can't get rid of a majority of them after this long. Sure bots will always be an ongoing issue, but this is ridiculous.

Because it costs human ressources to efficiently police bots, and 95% of players don't notice them.

Melicant

I stopped playing. I like many things about the game, but with my limited play time there was never a day I could log in and progress in the game, all I could do is to log in, do dailys on 2 toons, log out x7 days a week.

If it wasnt a chaos, a daily guardian, or 3x Una's...i didnt have a chance to see it.

Botting...I could now log on and do something different and see diff content because I had the mats / gold.

Im not here to beat the game up, nor will I shit up the thread non stop about the parts of the game I dont like.

I certainly understand why so many bots exsist and dont see it slowing down in the slightest.
I don't bot, and I can definitely sympathize with your frustration. I missed out on the early access week and only hit tier 3 recently. With limited playtime I'm somewhat gold and material strapped, and don't really have much time other than chaos/guardians most days. Just two guardian runs on one character can sometimes take up 20 minutes of my limited time (especially when on a support). I've actually had nights where it took almost the whole 15 minutes or we wiped because everyone died but me on a paladin or gunlancer. The worst is when I need to go spend two hours questing on a character to progress and don't even have time for anything else, or spending all of my playtime with a pug in an abyssal wiping because some people don't bother to look up mechanics. I'm at like 1350 on my main, and I'm guessing it is going to take a really long time to hit 1370 at this rate. I enjoy the combat and diversity between classes, but dislike running the same required questlines on multiple characters. I've gotten to the point where I'm just going to do what I enjoy and ignore the rest for a while, even if I actually progress much slower. It really is a fantastic game as far as quality and quantity of content, but it does cause a person to accept slower progression or swiping if playtime is limited. Out of the 3 people I started with 2 quit in tier 1 and the other only recently hit tier 2 (all were what would once be considered hardcore gamers). For the two that quit it was primarily because they felt like they were behind and felt overwhelmed. I get that feeling at times with 2 characters in early tier 3, but I honestly think the average player is more like my friend that is plugging along in tier 2. If only we were 20 again....

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Seeing the complaints in this thread just further confirms in my mind what I've been saying for a bit now - Valtan is going to see a MASSIVE exodus of players from the NA version of this game, especially since his release will align with "summer" and people going outside, vacations, etc.

As much as people would like to opine otherwise, Western MMO players don't want actual, difficult content. They want quick, drive up to the drive-thru window and toss another quick McNugget of gameplay into my mouth so I can move on gameplay - why do you think MOBAs and Battle Royales got so popular in the West? Everything in modern gaming in the West needs to be just like the rest of the ADHD, "GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!", 30 second clip generation. Otherwise, players bitch/moan until moving on to the next 2-4 week game.

I think 2-3 weeks into Valtan, when people are still struggling to hit 1415, let alone actually defeating the content, NA Lost Ark will be struggling to have even 100k concurrent, real players. Shit, they might even be close now, but it's so difficult to tell with how rampant botting is.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Quick thoughts:

- Half the population isn't botting. This is just silly and jaded based on nonsense. The game has a serious issue with bots that AGS needs to start policing but this is mostly limited to gold farmers. As someone who does use multiple accounts (but I don't automate via bots), you're being dishonest if you did actually set things up. The amount of time that it requires to transfer shit between characters alone would turn away 95% of the player base. You immediately lost me when you went with the "50%" metric -- I'd be surprised if it was above 1% running multiple accounts that are not China farm bots.

- Agreed on Valtan and I've been mentioning this a lot. The amount of terrible LA players out there is incredible. Legion commanders are not easy. Everything we've had released thus far qualifies as joke tier content. Valtan (while still easy by legion commander standards) will be a brick wall for a lot of folks. Should be entertaining!

- There remains such a terrible misconception that some of you keep promoting relating to the average player. LA is trending above 500k players active since the update and, most are probably in early T3 with one or two T1/T2 alts. THIS IS THE AVERAGE PLAYER, not some 1430 Joe who has a bot account to support his inability to keep up chaos dungeons. Queues instant pop in T1, T2, & T3 with live (albeit retarded players). You would know this if you spent time playing the game rather than trying to keep pace with people for some unknown reason. This eternal quest that some of you have to keep up with the top 0.001% when you've become older and jaded by MMOs just results in you not enjoying the game (where others are having no issues doing so). What in lord's name is resulting in you guys even thinking to set up bots at this stage? The highest content released could be reachedby someone playing a few hours a week at most with a single character -- of course there are those who devote a fuckton more time to games than you (and, surprise, they'll always be ahead of the MMO curve). If you hate running dallies: stop and certainly don't begin doing them on multiple characters. Just use the extra mats that are provided to focus on your single character and level up an extra class when you feel like it at your own pace.

- You are absolutely wrong about Lost Ark if you feel like it isn't possible to progress on a limited playtime and this highlights just how insane your perspective is. I'm at 1440 and I can log in right now for an hour and progress my main character doing something. It's Sunday and I still haven't completed my PVP, there are a bunch of Ignea's token shit I can do, maps, adventure island, extra island tokens, etc. If you feel like the game is forcing you to run guardians, una's, and chaos dungeons every day than that is on you. The game provides rested bonuses and additional materials non fucking stop so that if you stop for a bit, you're still able to raise to the ability to do the shit you like without issues. Here's a more honest evaluation: you've grown older and can't play MMOs like you used to. You still want to be part of the top 0.01% because that's all you've known. Thus you logged in every time trying to min/max your character progression but due to your limited playtime, focusing on this resulted in you not having fun (since min/maxing is aimed at the efficient path, not the fun one). You still fell behind and began browsing forums to find a solution. HOLY SHIT! YOU CAN BOT CHAOS DUNGEONS!?!?! THIS MUST BE WHAT EVERYONE IS DOING! You set this up and realized that you're still not having fun and you quit.

Instead, you should have realized that you are no longer able to play MMOs like you were when you were 20 and been ok with that. You should have focused on doing shit you enjoyed with your limited playtime (you said there were things you liked) and not worried about people out pacing you. The entire time spent browsing for a bot program and setting it up would have been infinitely better spent just doing shit you liked, which may very well be logging on Discord and chatting about how you miss EQ's epic weapon quests. Unfortunately, this is a you issue. LA is the most casual friendly MMO there is -- this is why you can take breaks from it for weeks/months and still catch back up to being able to play with friends on recently released content. This does mean that you won't be the highest ilvl player with the most amount of alts out there though while only playing an hour or two a day, which really, how the fuck is that what you seem to have been expecting it to be?

• 1EyeRoll

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Having played this game a while now, I can say that it has great points and not so great points. I find I am not a fan of the crafting/Gear system. I like either crafting or getting gear from a boss. Putting it together just feels off for me. The rewards for killing a boss do not feel right to me. I have yet to actually equip a single piece of jewelry or stone from a boss fight. Players have to purchase them on the AH. I also hate how the glow effect on my weapon kept resetting. Yes its a different weapon but the glow effect is the best part of the weapon. The dailies is something I did not enjoy with WoW very much. The only reason I put up with it here is because the combat(Best part of the game unless I play my Paladin) can be fun. The quest system is pretty generic but I did enjoy the "Man in the box" questline as it kept progressing. I also liked the one moment where they created a great design with the demon that you kept having to damage as you moved around the water system.

Three ALTS will be my limit. Dailies with Uni's, Chaos Dungeons, Raids/Boss and occasional extras and my time is spent. This game can eat a lot of play time if you want it too. I look at my current time and begin to reconsider how I am playing this game. It does burn me out at a point where I end up just not playing for the rest of the day. There will be this moment where I think of everything I still have to do with my ALTS and just kind of slump and decide not to log in.

The housing system feels like a small addon. It does not quite feel right. I have of course used it(You have to for ALTS as the bonus to armor crafting is just about a must). I have yet to even bother with PvP. I am not big into it and just do not care for it. It is also clear from what I have read that the system is not very balanced anyways.

I am still playing but I am not sure for how much longer. The game is an MMO but it honestly does not quite feel like an MMO. I finally got the Astry and it was ho-hum. I should get 1400 this week but again it will not feel like such a great accomplishment as luck and time, as you are repeating something over and over, is the only requirement for the number. I find it odd that a player can be super powerful and yet have never even run one raid. Something about that just feels off for an MMO. It is very clear that this game's #1 priority was to design a system that took advantage of players wanting to have a bigger item score through real money rather than any skill or teamwork that comes from the more memorable MMO's. Valtan might be a wall for some but others can just choose not to bother as it has no effect on character power that cannot just be purchased. That is kind of a bummer and one of the not so great points of this game.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Having played this game a while now, I can say that it has great points and not so great points. I find I am not a fan of the crafting/Gear system. I like either crafting or getting gear from a boss. Putting it together just feels off for me. The rewards for killing a boss do not feel right to me. I have yet to actually equip a single piece of jewelry or stone from a boss fight. Players have to purchase them on the AH. I also hate how the glow effect on my weapon kept resetting. Yes its a different weapon but the glow effect is the best part of the weapon. The dailies is something I did not enjoy with WoW very much. The only reason I put up with it here is because the combat(Best part of the game unless I play my Paladin) can be fun. The quest system is pretty generic but I did enjoy the "Man in the box" questline as it kept progressing. I also liked the one moment where they created a great design with the demon that you kept having to damage as you moved around the water system.

Three ALTS will be my limit. Dailies with Uni's, Chaos Dungeons, Raids/Boss and occasional extras and my time is spent. This game can eat a lot of play time if you want it too. I look at my current time and begin to reconsider how I am playing this game. It does burn me out at a point where I end up just not playing for the rest of the day. There will be this moment where I think of everything I still have to do with my ALTS and just kind of slump and decide not to log in.

The housing system feels like a small addon. It does not quite feel right. I have of course used it(You have to for ALTS as the bonus to armor crafting is just about a must). I have yet to even bother with PvP. I am not big into it and just do not care for it. It is also clear from what I have read that the system is not very balanced anyways.

I am still playing but I am not sure for how much longer. The game is an MMO but it honestly does not quite feel like an MMO. I finally got the Astry and it was ho-hum. I should get 1400 this week but again it will not feel like such a great accomplishment as luck and time, as you are repeating something over and over, is the only requirement for the number. I find it odd that a player can be super powerful and yet have never even run one raid. Something about that just feels off for an MMO. It is very clear that this game's #1 priority was to design a system that took advantage of players wanting to have a bigger item score through real money rather than any skill or teamwork that comes from the more memorable MMO's. Valtan might be a wall for some but others can just choose not to bother as it has no effect on character power that cannot just be purchased. That is kind of a bummer and one of the not so great points of this game.

I like this perspective a lot and agree with most of it. A few important things to note though;

1) We are missing some QOL shit relating to housing that provide some additions (albeit, nothing too dramatic).

2) It is not accurate that Valtan and other legion commanders do not have an effect on character power that cannot just be purchased. This is really the only thing I wanted to correct. Legion Commanders are also the only reason why I support LA as much as I do. As mentioned however, be prepared for a shit show on NA relating to how difficult these are and how only 'hardcore good players' are able to complete.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As mentioned however, be prepared for a shit show on NA relating to how difficult these are and how only 'hardcore good players' whales are able to complete.
Fixed. That'll be the narrative, thanks to dipshit view farming videos by people like Asmond.

I really have a feeling Amazon is going to be forced to nerf the living shit out of the HP pools and/or reduce the damage of the mechanics and that's just the normal version of Valtan, lol. Wait until we get to the point of Brelshaza hard and shit, rofl. The screeching will be epic.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like this perspective a lot and agree with most of it. A few important things to note though;

1) We are missing some QOL shit relating to housing that provide some additions (albeit, nothing too dramatic).

2) It is not accurate that Valtan and other legion commanders do not have an effect on character power that cannot just be purchased. This is really the only thing I wanted to correct. Legion Commanders are also the only reason why I support LA as much as I do. As mentioned however, be prepared for a shit show on NA relating to how difficult these are and how only 'hardcore good players' are able to complete.
Is it possible that with the delay on it being so long, that people way overshoot the ilvl for legion raids (at least the first ones we get) and trivialize it a bit? We already have a lot of people over 1400, and I imagine people may start pushing 1450 if it takes 2 months.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I haven’t looked at Valtan at all. If it’s glorified DDR with a bunch of one shot mechanics then yeah I’m out. I don’t see that kind of stuff as “hard” …it’s just dumb.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Seeing the complaints in this thread just further confirms in my mind what I've been saying for a bit now - Valtan is going to see a MASSIVE exodus of players from the NA version of this game, especially since his release will align with "summer" and people going outside, vacations, etc.

As much as people would like to opine otherwise, Western MMO players don't want actual, difficult content. They want quick, drive up to the drive-thru window and toss another quick McNugget of gameplay into my mouth so I can move on gameplay - why do you think MOBAs and Battle Royales got so popular in the West? Everything in modern gaming in the West needs to be just like the rest of the ADHD, "GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!", 30 second clip generation. Otherwise, players bitch/moan until moving on to the next 2-4 week game.

I think 2-3 weeks into Valtan, when people are still struggling to hit 1415, let alone actually defeating the content, NA Lost Ark will be struggling to have even 100k concurrent, real players. Shit, they might even be close now, but it's so difficult to tell with how rampant botting is.

Yes, shitty honing rates acting as an artificial block towards higher item level is such hard, difficult content

This game will long term fail for the same reason every Korean p2w MMO long term fails in the West - eventually the shiny newness wears off and people realize it's just a nice looking slot machine that wants you to swipe often and swipe big.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yes, shitty honing rates acting as an artificial block towards higher item level is such hard, difficult content

This game will long term fail for the same reason every Korean p2w MMO long term fails in the West - eventually the shiny newness wears off and people realize it's just a nice looking slot machine that wants you to swipe often and swipe big.
Spoken like someone who has no absolutely zero concept or grasp of how progress/content works in this game. But, keep letting streamers tell you how to think!

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

When is Lost Ark going to fail and what exactly is your fail condition? We're vastly approaching month #4 with over 500k players online at the exact same time based on Steam. The update was several days ago, so people have had a chance to nope out, yet:

1650849001683.png

Taken exactly 10 seconds ago. It's also the #1 MMO on Twitch by viewers (this isn't even a competition - if I picked a time where KR logs in, it gets even dumber than it is right now). I'm not asking to be a dick but rather, I'm curious what constitutes failure? I'll note the 'shine' period in MMOs for me is traditionally defined as 1 month - how many people log in after that tells me what it looking like, so we clearly define the period differently based on that fact.

Also want to edit: From an MMO perspective, I've actively raided Mythic in WoW (less than a year ago) as well as M+ in the top keys, I've done FFXIV Savage, I was one of the fucks who enjoyed Wildstar raiding, as well as Rift raiding at a high level. This isn't being said to 'brag' but rather, when I say that Legion Commanders are 'hard', I feel like I have a pretty good point of reference compared to others relating to what difficult raid content looks like, having actually played in the most recent versions of difficult raid content.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you find the game fun, play it. If you don’t, then don’t. Jfc.

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills every time I check this thread.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Is it possible that with the delay on it being so long, that people way overshoot the ilvl for legion raids (at least the first ones we get) and trivialize it a bit? We already have a lot of people over 1400, and I imagine people may start pushing 1450 if it takes 2 months.
It'll help reduce incidental/non-avoidable damage as well as allowing you to kill the boss "faster" (due to better DPS), but everything after Argos (including him, regardless of the pizza cheese) introduces one-shot mechanics (in some cases multiple). In fact, even starting in T1 Abyssals this is the case.
I haven’t looked at Valtan at all. If it’s glorified DDR with a bunch of one shot mechanics then yeah I’m out. I don’t see that kind of stuff as “hard” …it’s just dumb.
Right? It's so weird how it's almost like you have to do the bosses "mechanics" to overcome its challenge and defeat it. Never has an MMO introduced this type of gameplay...