Lost Ark Online

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Part of this is also not really feasible for the masses. Guessing you have a shit load of gold, cause most people don't have the excess to do instant una's.

I also forgot rapport. Guess that's completely optional, but that shit adds up too.

I'm also a bit suspect on these 3 minute chaos runs, but okay.

I agree it's not feasible for people who didn't setup to do so. I did/do it this way specifically to maintain a healthy balance of time invested + rewards from the very beginning.

Yeah I don't bother with anymore rapport. I got the meaningful ones done and yes I had a shit load of gold and converted blue crystals from before bot ban/market dump. Now I'm hovering around an ever declining pile of around 100k and <5k bc =O

Also if you have a newer video card/pc adding these lines -novsync -notexturestreaming -useallavailablecores to the launch items literally shaves mad time of loading for me which means near instant in/out of chaos etc.

You are correct using your time efficiently is the way to go. I also rotate around alts to use rested because it would be foolish not to, even so at the end of the day you are still doing chores. We can argue semantics around it all day long but I don't and you don't play this game to do your daily Una's/Chaos you are playing because you enjoy the abyss group type content. As Gravel said the amount do shit (unenjoyable content) so you can do (enjoyable content) ratio is shit. You can bypass this with cold hard cash money, or botting the ever living shit out of the game.

If you can't see why that is detrimental then I don't know what to say, the game is already experiencing a drop off in players, I mean it's something that happens in all MMO's but there are tons of people who have complained their friends they rolled with quit playing, hell in the guild there was a pretty sharp drop off as well.

You add in the fact that Amazon really doesn't seem to give a shit about botting/RMTing and it really leaves a sour taste for people. The game has potential to be very good and enjoyable and like most games I play I would rather see is healthy and growing but some shit just doesn't work on the U.S. market.

Pheons for alts is another example of shit that kills the game for many as an example.

I don't disagree with the pain points, but you know me I don't really get worked up over video game stuff. I just do my shit and if it stops being fun for me I move on and I've built the way I play around maximizing my fun without getting annoyed with the dumb. I don't even really play with people other than randoms. Basically single player RPG for me right now like the rest of the MMOs minus the stint in classic.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Right, so you're looking at at LEAST 1 hour and 30 minutes for just 3 characters and only if you insta all 9 Una's(or don't do them at all, like you stated). So, an hour and 30-45 mins of the same chores every..single..day. And it didn't even get you more than 5 chars at 1370, let alone Valtan ready at 1415. Your example is precisely why people are frustrated with "the grind".

I mean I don't know what to tell you. I feel perfectly rewarded for my time spent in the activities I do and again you don't need to do everything, every single day. I currently sit at 1400/1385/1385/1370/1370/1340/1340/1340/1340 which is probably better than 95% of accounts that exist today without having to swipe. Being valtan ready is a choice as I can dump some of my gold and focus the mats into 1 char and it'd be done. I just don't care as I'm not racing for world first here and plan on playing the game for year+ so building the core to succeed down the line is more important to me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean I don't know what to tell you. I feel perfectly rewarded for my time spent in the activities I do and again you don't need to do everything, every single day. I currently sit at 1400/1385/1385/1370/1370/1340/1340/1340/1340 which is probably better than 95% of accounts that exist today without having to swipe. Being valtan ready is a choice as I can dump some of my gold and focus the mats into 1 char and it'd be done. I just don't care as I'm not racing for world first here and plan on playing the game for year+ so building the core to succeed down the line is more important to me.
I'm not criticizing you or your choices. I'm just explaining the numbers and why it's easy to see why folks would be frustrated in having to do 1-2 hours of daily chores only to not even be at the required ilvl for Valtan. And you did it in a pretty efficient manner, yet STILL aren't really Valtan "ready". Plus, I'm assuming you've ignored a lot of the horizontal progression as well, which is yet another timesink folks have to eventually engage in.

I've said it before, but I really feel like Valtan is going to be the "turning point" for this game in the West. Especially with summer approaching. We'll see how long it takes AGS to nerf the shit out of it, but I feel like it might be too late by the time they do.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm not criticizing you or your choices. I'm just explaining the numbers and why it's easy to see why folks would be frustrated in having to do 1-2 hours of daily chores only to not even be at the required ilvl for Valtan. And you did it in a pretty efficient manner, yet STILL aren't really Valtan "ready". Plus, I'm assuming you've ignored a lot of the horizontal progression as well, which is yet another timesink folks have to eventually engage in.

I've said it before, but I really feel like Valtan is going to be the "turning point" for this game in the West. Especially with summer approaching. We'll see how long it takes AGS to nerf the shit out of it, but I feel like it might be too late by the time they do.

So I have heard Valtan is a step up in difficulty over the current content but I don't feel like difficulty is the turn off in this game. I could be mistaken but so far everything is super fucking piss easy. Then again the sheer amount of pure fucking bad out there is astonishing. Did a pug P1 Argos and one guy used up 4 rezzes, it's hard to imagine how, but I see people in T3 abyss runnning grudge 2 and shit as their only engraving. The current content doesn't need much but the number of rere's running fucking grudge and dying nonstop is ass.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I have heard Valtan is a step up in difficulty over the current content but I don't feel like difficulty is the turn off in this game. I could be mistaken but so far everything is super fucking piss easy. Then again the sheer amount of pure fucking bad out there is astonishing. Did a pug P1 Argos and one guy used up 4 rezzes, it's hard to imagine how, but I see people in T3 abyss runnning grudge 2 and shit as their only engraving. The current content doesn't need much but the number of rere's running fucking grudge and dying nonstop is ass.
Difficulty may not be the turnoff for YOU. And people on Regulus will probably be fine, since you have mostly MMO vets all coordinating on Discord. But, that raid is going to fucking decimate Connor the Casual in terms of what he's able to "accomplish". That raid is going to be extremely difficult to "PUG" with the amount of absolute shitters that play this game. A lot of people can "get by" in a tab-targetting Boomerfest like WoW, FFXIV, etc. But in a game that is more on akin to a MOBA/ARPG in its combat system of actually having to land, time, etc. your abilities? LOL...it ain't no Argos that's for sure and I've seen PUGs fail Argos - a raid they can outgear the fuck out of and one that has relatively few/easy mechanics.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
My issue with Lost Ark's daily chores is that they really feel like chores and aren't fun at all and they already know this and have solutions in place but have not ported over some of those solutions, thus resulting in a miserable fucking experience for some of the more casual players.. They just need to prioritize them.

As an example: I am more efficient at clearing chaos dungeons than 99% of people. I have more playtime available to me than 99% of people. I still find doing them to be a chore even if they're incredibly rewarding. Every single time I step into the second and third maps all I can think is, "why the fuck do I need to run all over the fucking place." There is already a solution in place: the maps have been cut to small islands where the auto aggro range will basically allow you to stay in the center and just clear mobs in KR. Port that shit over yesterday.

If this change was ported to NA, I would save a few seconds clearing because I am already efficient and know how to properly farm. It is not a big deal. It would however help those who take 6-7 minutes to bring the clear time closer to my level. I still want this change to occur because the few seconds I save is time not well spent as it's clearly being spent doing chores.

Guardian raids are an entirely different beast where someone just needs to wake the fuck up and realize that no one wants to do 2x of these a day. Here's an idea (that isn't even part of KR): based on the total amount of characters that I have available to queue for the Guardian, provide me the option to collect the rewards for all of them as I see fit when I clear it. Don't make me re-clear it. Also (and this part is going to be addressed) but you should never, ever, ever fucking leave a Guardian which ports 3x as a final guardian for 1-2 months of farming. While I am efficient and fortunate enough to use consumables to bypass this; it's fucking annoying.

With that being said, knowing nothing about him, Chimney Chimney is definitely playing efficiently (a lot more so than a lot of you) and this makes a HUGE difference. The daily shit in Lost Ark is significantly reduced compared to the daily shit I would need to farm in other MMOs. I very much am able to do most of it within a little over an hour a day, which compared to other MMOs is absolutely nothing from a time spent position. As mentioned, my issue is that none of that shit is actually fun to do and there is no good reason for that.

Thankfully the challenging part of switching from KR is over for me now, which was waiting for legion commanders to be released and gathering a sufficient amount of resources to be able to auto pilot and focus on the content that I enjoy (which is a day or two of commanders and a day or two of abyss raids) while playing classes as they release. Provided AGS doesn't fuck this up, I'll be quite happy to focus on that for summer time and it's better than any other MMO out there by a metric fuckton. That doesn't mean that every time I run around a chaos dungeon wasting a second here or there isn't retarded though.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
After watching a couple of Valtan vids at correct ilvl I hope it's not nerfed. I think most people that took the time to get 1415+ are going to smash through p1 quickly and probably get hung up on p2 but even then I bet it's pugged week 1. 1445 however looks like it will not be puggable for a while until people over gear it months from now.

Fight is way more choreographed than Argos though so if you're good it'll be your time to shine and that makes me happy.

I'd bang Gold River for at the bare minimum 1 guardian raid double rewards let alone any other beneficial changes to it. Also to cube I hate that place more than anything and am so glad I got my last masterpiece so I can x3 and not give a fuck.

IPlus, I'm assuming you've ignored a lot of the horizontal progression as well, which is yet another timesink folks have to eventually engage in.

I did quite a bit hence my roster level at 133. I'm like 60-80% map completion across the board excluding S. Vern. Mostly I ignored the islands due to needing to be on at certain times (think I have 40 souls) but I finished the majority of activities that gave skill points/hearts/stars/masterpieces etc. that aren't island related (fuck tooki) and I have like 390 mokokos that will probably stay that way unless I wander over them at some point =O

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
With that being said, knowing nothing about him, Chimney Chimney is definitely playing efficiently (a lot more so than a lot of you) and this makes a HUGE difference. The daily shit in Lost Ark is significantly reduced compared to the daily shit I would need to farm in other MMOs. I very much am able to do most of it within a little over an hour a day, which compared to other MMOs is absolutely nothing from a time spent position. As mentioned, my issue is that none of that shit is actually fun to do and there is no good reason for that.
The time thing isn't really a factor since most of it can be done relatively quickly, especially if you're efficient. The issue is moreso that the daily "gates" just aren't fun, at all. Plenty of MMOs have daily tasks/chores. But, you have to make them either actually fun, or "background noise" (things that are getting completed just by doing normal shit you'd do regardless, like running dungeons or whatever). The way Smilegate has them currently, leads to a feeling of being "forced" to do content that isn't enjoyable. That eventually leads to burnout, because the only thing keeping people logging in and doing those things at that point is a sunken cost fallacy. And right now you still have the prospect of relatively "easy" content to feel like your character is still making "progress" (Argos and HM Abyss). Once you ALSO have content that you can't really do because most casuals are godawful at this game? Player retention is going to fall off a fuckin' cliff.

Hell, if I knew NOTHING about Lost Ark and had no idea on what content was on the horizon, I would've noped the fuck out of this game on about hour 5 once I saw how many fucking bots there were.

Look at how quickly people dropped a game like EQ when they no longer had to /ooc LFG! for 1-2 hours every night just to start having fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's called efficiency dudes and I'll generously only say 50 of hours are afk time in game to que dodge/work though it's probably closer to 100. You don't need to do every single thing every single day to get high gear score/multi t3/do lots of content.

View attachment 411994

Nice! That’s only like 8 hours a day played from release to now. Very reasonable.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Nice! That’s only like 8 hours a day played from release to now. Very reasonable.

Smug and completely incorrect by over half. Little wonder though as most people who are bad at math also struggle with how long things take to upgrade in this game. Very reasonable.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Can you do the math for me next?

1652374271025.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Got 2 legendary books from a single chaos gate map, and they don't even add up to 10g value :(

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Got 2 legendary books from a single chaos gate map, and they don't even add up to 10g value :(

Always disappointing ;[ but your bad RNG gave me 3 leggo (striker/glavier/scrapper) books worth ~8k today. =D

Garbage department in the accessory drops though from all the argos and hard modes.

I'm tempted to play some off meta builds for all my alts at this point so I can get cheap legendary accessories and potentially cheap legendary books unless prices truly plummet across the board when relic accessories start becoming commonplace. I'm already like 35-40k worth of pheons deep on just what I've outfitted already and I know if I continue creeping them up in item level I'm going to want them to be 4x3 and near perfect stats. Worries for half a year from now I guess.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Always disappointing ;[ but your bad RNG gave me 3 leggo (striker/glavier/scrapper) books worth ~8k today. =D

Garbage department in the accessory drops though from all the argos and hard modes.

I'm tempted to play some off meta builds for all my alts at this point so I can get cheap legendary accessories and potentially cheap legendary books unless prices truly plummet across the board when relic accessories start becoming commonplace. I'm already like 35-40k worth of pheons deep on just what I've outfitted already and I know if I continue creeping them up in item level I'm going to want them to be 4x3 and near perfect stats. Worries for half a year from now I guess.

It's probably to my detriment but I hate the pheon thing so most of my alts have 2x3 and part of another without spending shit for those things. I hear relics are like 35 fagons per piece yeah they can eat my shit with a spoon.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's probably to my detriment but I hate the pheon thing so most of my alts have 2x3 and part of another without spending shit for those things. I hear relics are like 35 fagons per piece yeah they can eat my shit with a spoon.
You don't really need to spend pheons on alts much, at least I wouldn't do what Chimney Chimney is doing, for alts you just buy some stones(purple ones even to save money), cut 6/4 or something similar, get 9/9 books with the same skills as your stone, buy one class legendary accessory with 2 to the skills you cut at 4 on your stone(stone can be 3 but that makes that accessory harder/more expensive), and then you just fill the rest with drops from hard mode/argos P1. It'll be a bit shitty at first unless you're super lucky but replace stat by other useful ones(like if you can't get full crit, get swiftness instead, or spec if that's relevant to your class) but that'll give you 3/3/3 and after a couple of weeks, you should have close to perfect stats too, and that only costs 15pheons for the one accessory and like 15-20 for the stone. Can go 3/3 at first too like you're doing and just wait until you get lucky with an accessory then build the stone around it(buying stones is still gonna be a thing though due to extreme RNG on these, but buying a few stones isn't that expensive in terms of pheons).

Pheons definitely suck though, and there's really no reason there's pheon costs on blue accs to begin with, or purple accs, or T2 gear at all. Shit's fucking dumb. I mean there's a reason, money, but gameplay reason there's none of it. It kinda makes sense for high end gear cause of flipping and market manipulation etc, but who's gonna do this shit in T2 or with blue T3 accs?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It doesn't really matter other than making sure you can get into pugs quickly when they glance at your stats/engravings which is largely the only reason I even bothered. All of my >1370 3x3+2/1 or similar only my scrapper is 4x3+1 atm. All the <1370 are like 2 or 1x1, but correct stats because screw buying purples.

But one day I want them all to be at least 4x3 and when the pheons cost more than the accessories themselves it's dog water and/or getting a bad streak on stones and needing to fork out pheons for 10+ of the bitches is also a little tilting =O