Lost Ark Online

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Collaborations with other businesses - NA/EU is still unexpectedly flourishing and many global companies are proposing collaborations. This includes a game company that Gold River had admired since he was young. However, their schedule doesn't allow them to squeeze in all those proposals, so they are choosing 1 to proceed. It is a globally renowned RPG IP that everyone will know, so they will share them through events.

----

I hope it's Monster Hunter and they add some guardians to the game to fight and they could add some armor sets/misc shit pets/mh dragons to fight for Lost Ark. But since FFXIV already did it I doubt it.

And damn I read through that G River stuff. Apparently he's in real bad health and not just like "hey see y'all in a year" more of a "I may be in the ground in a year". ;[

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know what would be a simple thing they could do aside from fixing the bots to make the game less gay instantly. Is limit supprts to 1 per group via any matchmaker. PvP, Dungeon, or otherwise.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Add health bars to guardians. Nobody fucking cares about monster Hunter you fucks.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So they did a banwave last night the steam players dropped from 500k to 200k and started climbing back almost immediately. The game is 60% bots that is horrifically bad.

Roxx
6h

We banwaved between yesterday and today – it’s an ongoing bot bash, we don’t consider the problem solved with these waves alone (which is why we aren’t doing broader announcements, since they always slither back), but we’ll keep on doing them while we keep on fighting the larger fight

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So they did a banwave last night the steam players dropped from 500k to 200k and started climbing back almost immediately. The game is 60% bots that is horrifically bad.

Roxx
6h

We banwaved between yesterday and today – it’s an ongoing bot bash, we don’t consider the problem solved with these waves alone (which is why we aren’t doing broader announcements, since they always slither back), but we’ll keep on doing them while we keep on fighting the larger fight
LOL it isn't so much the banwave as much as it is that maintenance boots the bots offline until they are logged back in. The "ban wave" is just a PR stunt. It'll do exactly jack and shit.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's bizarre they still haven't moved the super easy gold off the welcome pass thing. They fucked up rapport but that remains.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Quick note for everyone:

There's a poll up in Discord relating to the raid times for Valtan starting next week. We'll be switching Argos to the off day and stopping T2 (thus tonight is the last T2) when released.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
As far as botting goes, I think the majority just bot multiple accounts to farm mats for their mains.

I got kinda tired of only having enough time to log in, do 2x chaos, 2x guardian, 3x unas for mats and log off. Saw people here , even though playing 14 to 18 hrs a day...farm mats faster than physically possible even if running 24 hrs a day, brag about having multiple toons on diff accounts as well.

So I google searched a bot for lost ark, fired up Inner Space and IS boxer, made 2 new accounts, and in a few weeks time had a ton of gold from a few drops, had enough mats to lvl multiple toons up immediatly, and still had enough unbound mats.to sell for decent coin.

None of my accounts have been hit with a ban, but it might be because I havent logged on in weeks.

Really had very high hopes for this game and the combat is the best ever done in this genre, but when half the population is bots, it just didnt hold me.

All vertical progression, for the most part, is nothing more than time gated honing materials and that system encourages mass botting.

When all the exciting content is locked to a weekly event, but to progress you have to do brain dead dailies....it.makes.perfect sense why half the community is automated.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As far as botting goes, I think the majority just bot multiple accounts to farm mats for their mains.

I got kinda tired of only having enough time to log in, do 2x chaos, 2x guardian, 3x unas for mats and log off. Saw people here , even though playing 14 to 18 hrs a day...farm mats faster than physically possible even if running 24 hrs a day, brag about having multiple toons on diff accounts as well.

So I google searched a bot for lost ark, fired up Inner Space and IS boxer, made 2 new accounts, and in a few weeks time had a ton of gold from a few drops, had enough mats to lvl multiple toons up immediatly, and still had enough unbound mats.to sell for decent coin.

None of my accounts have been hit with a ban, but it might be because I havent logged on in weeks.

Really had very high hopes for this game and the combat is the best ever done in this genre, but when half the population is bots, it just didnt hold me.

All vertical progression, for the most part, is nothing more than time gated honing materials and that system encourages mass botting.

When all the exciting content is locked to a weekly event, but to progress you have to do brain dead dailies....it.makes.perfect sense why half the community is automated.

Sadly this is a common sentiment and the reason more than a few have already quit this game. I haven't thrown in the towel on it, and really want to see the so called real raiding content of the game, but the bots are probably the biggest turn off and determent to the game in my eyes.

There are many nice to have quality of life changes I feel like they could make that would instantly improve the game and not cut into their pay 2 win milk money systems, but none of that stuff matters at all until the resolve the RMT/Botting stuff first.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Cutting it close but finally got the Moake omnium star. Only took 2+ months. Now have all skill potions finally.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Any of you chaps who played other regions have the lowdown on destroyer?
Can check videos and stuff, there's a bunch that popped up for this release already including various guides.

General stuff is it's a slow paced hard hitting class with high stagger and destruction, with frontal positionals and now even a taunt, so it's similar in concept to Gunlancer, but less tanky(still tanky, you get a lot of self shield and several skills have dmg reduction during animation built in so you can just stand in the bad and shrug it off, I guess better to say it's less tanky if you don't play properly but more if you do since you need to actively mitigate). You generate "combo points" with blue skills, then spend them with purple skills, doing so fill up a bar and when it's full you can use a big skill that's similar to an awakening where you just mash your hammer repeatedly at stuff. The 2 class engravings are one that basically just increases your skills, and one that increases your identity gauge attack, former is mostly about your basic skills rotation and you use the gravity identity skill only for mechanics and stuff(it gives CC immunity, dmg reduction and such), while the later is mostly about filling up the gauge to get your identity skill then mashing it. I think the skill one is the meta build because the identity gauge skill is hard to use at times if the boss moves around a bunch or if you use it before a gimmick.

It recently got a lot of qol changes in KR which we're getting, so it's actually a lot less clunky to use. Before you had to hit certain skills at a specific distance of the bosses to hit them with the "right" part of the animation, which was a pain in the ass with wonky hitboxes some bosses have and them just spinning around or whatever. They removed that. They also removed all the tripods on the blue skills that were "50% to gain on additional combo point" and instead made them 100% chance or rolled it into the base skill, so it has a consistent rotation instead of having to check if you got the proc and stuff.

Honestly it looks pretty good now.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I seem to enjoy the classes with shield capability more than other classes. The Destroyer looks right up my alley as a 5th toon.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just wish they'd give a powerpass for it, I wouldn't mind trying it out as it looks alright but fuck actually playing it. I guess I'll see what sort of event they have replacing the current ones, I could slow roll T1/T2 with event mats if they give enough, I still have knowledge transfers to get to 50. Really a fucking stupid decision to not give power passes because they just gave some, without saying that from the start. Or shit just let me buy one, I'd buy a feiton powerpass.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah,

I do have to admit that the thought of leveling 1-50 is far from appealing. Maybe they will do....something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah,

I do have to admit that the thought of leveling 1-50 is far from appealing. Maybe they will do....something.
1-50 isn't so bad cause of knowledge transfer, at least for ppl who haven't used the 9 they have already(I have plenty left personally, like 5 or whatever), the issue I have is having to grind T1/T2 and doing stories on the way(can skip rohendel and feiton and all but still have to do yorn at least). These levels are just already pretty much dead and not interesting, can throw money at it to skip but I really don't want to spend thousands of gold on a random alt, that's why I'd like a powerpass.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just like new classes. Game is like crack for me in that regard. I main a glaivier(only 1393) but destroyer sounds kind of dope. I watched several guides on YouTube but always ask here just because I trust the opinions/advice more than some random nerds. But I’ll admit the thought of having to level 1-50 and even knowledge transfer sounds fucking exhausting.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least you get the towers to kind of help out with T1-T2 and it sounds like the Destroyer would more than handle them.