Lost Ark Online

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Exactly. The majority of people I played with at launch that were willing to give this game a try have quit and will never return again no matter what gets released or promised going forward just by how poorly the first couple months were handled.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I just don't get it. Its the one major issue that is very obvious and not part of the game. They are a multi-billion dollar company. You can't hire a certain amount of GMs that rotate around the servers banning every single obvious bot,90% of them do not need a report to be caught? Not doing anything except waves every month or so(which does nothing as they remake and constantly sell off their stock) turns your 1 major problem into two, First the bots, 2nd your inaction.

I can understand the ones that try to hide their actions and such. But the line of zerkers in every 1-50 zone that are teleporting around and then the never ending stream sitting at the vern chaos dungeon entrance,those can be hit as you see them.
Why would they want to fix it? It inflates the fuck out of their metrics for advertisers, players, etc. I'm honestly shocked more companies don't hop aboard the bot train to inflate stats. It seems to be the "meta" these days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Why would they want to fix it? It inflates the fuck out of their metrics for advertisers, players, etc. I'm honestly shocked more companies don't hop aboard the bot train to inflate stats. It seems to be the "meta" these days.

Because LA makes its money selling gold, so pretty much every dollar that gets spent on RMT is coming right out of their pocket. I can only assume that since they are only publishing their initial cost and overhead is so low that whatever they are making now is more than enough. Doesn't make it not retarded though.

Also, ban wave did jack and shit, conc is back up to 780k at 9am on a weekday.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Because LA makes its money selling gold, so pretty much every dollar that gets spent on RMT is coming right out of their pocket. I can only assume that since they are only publishing their initial cost and overhead is so low that whatever they are making now is more than enough. Doesn't make it not retarded though.

But thets the problem with pay to play games or even free ones though. If there is a whiff of shit to sell to people that want to RMT and make some money, they will come in droves. Especially in popular games like this. I dont care what the company tries to sell, people will come and try to sell cheaper. You can see this across all fucking pay to play or pay to win games. Shit, it even infests EQ which has only a FRACTION of players this game does. Go look at web sites selling currency in POE.... And on and on.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
But thets the problem with pay to play games or even free ones though. If there is a whiff of shit to sell to people that want to RMT and make some money, they will come in droves. Especially in popular games like this. I dont care what the company tries to sell, people will come and try to sell cheaper. You can see this across all fucking pay to play or pay to win games. Shit, it even infests EQ which has only a FRACTION of players this game does. Go look at web sites selling currency in POE.... And on and on.

I'm well aware. A few years back I paid for my last three months in Thailand selling gold on an Archeage fresh start server.

The bottom line is, Smilegate and Amazon fucked this from the start, most of it could have been avoided. Smilegate knew the issue before launch and we were constantly telling AGS on the official forums. They had all the information they needed and didn't fucking care. LA has made shitloads more money for them than Shit World ever did or will, with zero development cost, so I guess they count that as a win.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
"Ban wave" - aka shutting off the servers for patches/maintenance and logging all the bots out.

• 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I kill HM Valtan today and make weapon ;`[

asdfasdfasdfasd.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Bots are now having an effect on the East Coast servers. I am done with the game. Void if you want to remove me from the guild, I understand.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I said the moment the Bots effected my game play that I was done with the game. I will not support a company that is either incapable or not giving a shit enough to deal with such an obvious problem.

At this point I think a lot of players are about to drop this game like a bad habit.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They have the time for me to catch up on The Boys this afternoon since I’ve been out of town, and I’ll uninstall if I can’t do what I’d like after that. If I can’t play when I want/have time, no reason to have it.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They mean restart and force all the bots to log back in. Such a joke. Has NA West really been like this for a while?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
They mean restart and force all the bots to log back in. Such a joke. Has NA West really been like this for a while?

For all but 1 week that I can recall. If you play during the sweet spot in the morning when all the asia/oce players are gone ques are low and quick, but any other time GL apparently. I hit an 8k que at 1PM today to log in for calendar and guild shit which means I promptly closed the game instead.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's a shame they had a solid base game that could provide decent entertainment for a long time. Instead Amazon and Smile Gate Decided to be aids wrapped in cancer, game deserves to fail I hope more quit. Just like Blizzard the only way to make these shit loving faggot losers learn anything is to not buy their product.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I more or less understand why people are quitting. But, I'm sure I'll be playing for another 6-12 months or until I get to a point where I'm unable to keep up with ilvl reqs for raids. I'll take any handouts from those that are done.