Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
1620 push for Voldike hard in December is going to be difficult to make. I just hit 1608 and I'm completely tapped out of leapstones from what I had saved up prior to Akkan release, which was a few months worth of farming. It's certainly time to make sure you're pushing a single main and it's impossible to keep multiple characters going.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1620 push for Voldike hard in December is going to be difficult to make. I just hit 1608 and I'm completely tapped out of leapstones from what I had saved up prior to Akkan release, which was a few months worth of farming. It's certainly time to make sure you're pushing a single main and it's impossible to keep multiple characters going.
If it becomes too much for the playerbase I have no doubt AGS will push for a faster nerf to honing materials at the Akkan level. They need more hamsters on the treadmill, not raiders becoming casual.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
If it becomes too much for the playerbase I have no doubt AGS will push for a faster nerf to honing materials at the Akkan level. They need more hamsters on the treadmill, not raiders becoming casual.

I feel like it's already too much for the playerbase with Akkan. Supports for hard are impossible to find and very few of the people I know have a 1600 character. There was a lot of complaining about this in various places but ultimately since it's just more materials & gold it wasn't very problematic. Voldike is a different beast though, the difference between clearing normal & hard is significant from a power upgrade standby. It's also incredibly difficult to reach -- if you're hitting 1600 nowish, you're not making 1620 in December.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Just my Slayer left to go to finish page 1 for a bit:

1696097863724.png

I really enjoy the gold run at 1580 (Akkan / Brel / Kayangel) they're all exceptionally quick. I'll plan my Slayer to 1580 next to get her in the rotation and then focus all mats to Vold for the 1620 push.

Meanwhile p2 is gonna park here until they provide a honing buff for 1580, these mostly just help with some gem farming and chaos dungeon embers:

1696098005400.png

& p3 are the rejects that I just want to delete:

1696098033836.png

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

October patch will be small mostly consisting of Plecia.

Ehrgeix

Trakanon Raider
Closing in on four months in now, my aeromancer is 1585 and my smn/scrapper are 1520~ (pretty much parked / no plans to push further on either, just weekly gold from brel/clown/vykas). Still really enjoying the game and it seems to be a ton more popular recently, when I started there were no learning parties / newer players but now there's more of both, managed to clear Akkan a month or so ago and got weapon this week. Combat is really good, and aero is simple but fun.

Do you guys think they'll change Voldike/elixirs on our servers? (Or nerf honing?) Getting to 1600 seems rough and 1620 seems pretty much impossible, + not many supports.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
The only hope for NA would be that normal Voldike is changed to drop (less) Legendary Elixirs. Supposedly it was KR basement dwellers complaining that hard modes weren't worth the effort that caused the giant power divide on Voldike in the first place. Hopefully we hear something by end of October.

Malakriss

NA will have a much shorter release window for all content through Thaemine. Something has to be adjusted, likely multiple things, because the amount of honing materials and gold cost will slowdown mains and alts will hit a wall you can't afford to go past. Nerfing old raids just as fast will screw more than one tier of raiders and the whole community will hit a crunch at tier breakpoints. Whales alone cannot keep the game going at that point.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The game is in an extremely healthy place right now. The changes to Chaos dungeons, Guardians, the home work reductions, the quality of life and jump start servers put the game in a great place. The best example to highlight this that people have been pointing out is Shroud - here's a dude who doesn't really like MMOs, didn't last long when the game launched and after his paid sponsor period for the game he continues to play, including off stream with his friends (who are equally not MMO folks).

It's just a fun game to play and better than any other MMO on the market right now. With that being said, as one of the few players who will actually make 1620 for Voldike launch, they would be absolutely fucking mental not to adjust this to allow 1600+ a chance at legendary elixirs for our versions. We're talking Argos launch levels of stupid. For the health and continued progression of the game, they need to go with the simple fix: less legendary mats dropping in normal but still being obtainable. We are not KR with 8 months between Akkan and this content. They should absolutely not focus content on people like me -- it's the right business decision to boot. I see so many people running legendary skins in normal Akkan, people will spend 10-15$ here and there provided they are enjoying themselves in a game.

Malakriss

Players can now upgrade their Gear Set Effect from Level 1 to Level 3. If a player doesn’t have 'Mayhem Horns', but has enough 'Empyrean of Contemplation', it is possible to upgrade from Level 1 to 3, bypassing Level 2.

The Chaos Gate revamp that combines Chaos Gates, Ghost Ship, and Treasure Map content is planned to arrive during weekly maintenance on October 25

Malakriss

KR PTR patch notes up, some classes got reworks others got minor tweaks like Gunslinger with class engraving increases for actually having Level 1/2/3 or animation speed changes for Sorceress on Squall, Explosion, and Ice Shower.

Malakriss

If you still want the 200 ghost ship entry achieve for Ghost title, +2 Courage, and a free Akkan card you can enter a lower level ghost ship with a buddy and have them sit there to keep it open for 25 minutes while you continuously return to Char Select and Launch back in, gaining +1 to the achieve each time. Good computers can do 50+ in a single ship cycle.

Malakriss

Double purchases from merchants is getting nerfed tonight, sorry if you did not get enough Vairgrys on your server and now can only +1 it.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Double purchases from merchants is getting nerfed tonight, sorry if you did not get enough Vairgrys on your server and now can only +1 it.

This is a stupid change. Just let people enjoy the free cards, if they're logging in twice across two hours you have people playing and potentially spending money, be happy with that result.

Malakriss

Updated KR Balance Patch PTR

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I beat Malakriss to posting patch notes: