Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
KR patch came out just now: 12월 20일(수) 업데이트 내역 안내(내용 수정) which includes more balance re-works that we're likely getting in the West January. They did the same thing last time, where they delayed the balance patch and put everything together.

Summary:

A GT Destroyer fucked someone's mother because holy shit did they nerf it for no reason. Rest is a lot of suspected nerfs (Reapers, Blades) & some much needed buffs (Gunslingers, Sorcs, Aeromancers). I heard someone mention that the patch brings a lot more parity across the board, which I agree with except for Slayers that remain stupid.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
We did it:

1703194530265.png

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Thought you said this raid was supposed to be hard?

Hard mode is incredibly challenging; I would place it higher than HM Brel was at release from a difficulty standpoint. We started at 10AM on Wednesday and took about 4 hours in break total, finishing at 1AM having only gotten to the 60 bar mech in p4 once. We started back up this morning at 10AM and our clear was at about 3PM so our prog time was more than most people play in a given week.

Keep in mind as well that it's a 4 man raid with a huge emphasis on making DPS checks and our party (between me & Quin) are more DPS than 99.9% of players. The raid gets significantly easier as you get elixirs since they increase your DPS so much, which is also why whale groups with +25 weapons are able to clear it. I haven't seen very many at ilvl clears so far and a lot of people had to go do normal instead, which basically removes the DPS check component completely.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
When RNG decides to bless you:

5/6 taps successful on my Artist, including 4 in a row.

Run a Kayangel and finally got them:

1703307226373.png

Feels good.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Thought you said this raid was supposed to be hard?
It's a lot easier when smilegate literally hands everyone the equivalent minimum of a 9/7 stone for free(they handed everyone 5 free legendary elixirs without even having to do the dungeon).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New Year's island I pulled 1/5 legendary packs... Balthorr of course. Azena for the co-op pack. Try your luck above Anikka.

5 epic+ packs for the island quests
First Co-op gave 45K card xp, SH structure, 30x fireworks
2nd Co-op gave Legendary card pack III, Emoticons, and silver

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
My card RNG has been terrible for quite some time. I've been needing a fuckton of Kakul, Brel, & Galatur for months. I got trolled pretty hard by the event ones though:

1704129223885.png

1704129325537.png

1704129443212.png

Finally starting to get better at my frog uptime though:

1704129962410.png

There was also 3/3 counters.

I don't know why anyone would play a DPS other than Slayer atm though. Mine is really gimp (5x3, level 7 gems) and this is what Sonaval looks like daily:

1704135347467.png

Last edited:

Del

Vyemm Raider
My card RNG has been terrible for quite some time. I've been needing a fuckton of Kakul, Brel, & Galatur for months. I got trolled pretty hard by the event ones though:

View attachment 506721

View attachment 506723

View attachment 506724

Finally starting to get better at my frog uptime though:

View attachment 506725

There was also 3/3 counters.

I don't know why anyone would play a DPS other than Slayer atm though. Mine is really gimp (5x3, level 7 gems) and this is what Sonaval looks like daily:

View attachment 506733
What's your dps normally on Gargadeth? I finally hit 1620 (thanks 4 pities in a row) and I'm going to do HM Ivory Tower this week so I'm wondering whereabouts I should be at.

Malakriss

Only an overview statement of the patch dropping next week
The January Update includes the Inferno mode of Brelshaza, Lai Lai Island - a new Adventure Island, along with a ton of quality of life (QoL) updates and balance changes.

January Skins

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Balance patch coming next week: January Update Announcement

What's your dps normally on Gargadeth? I finally hit 1620 (thanks 4 pities in a row) and I'm going to do HM Ivory Tower this week so I'm wondering whereabouts I should be at.

Congrats on making it! I can't imagine 4 pity's in a row, I would be broken. Major credit for sticking with it and not murdering someone.

Gargadeth is all over the place as group comp plays such a factor. I MM and there's rarely any supports.

• 1Like

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
RNG God's smiled upon me today and I got a Sidereal Energy. Being rich lasted me about two hours but I used it to get my alts into better shape. My roster now:

1704352470100.png

Scouter, Slinger, Slayer are 5x3 +1 and each have two level 9 gems for primary DPS abilities & about four level 8 gems.

Zerker remains untouched and I'm debating starting to save for Breaker in March.

• 1Like

Del

Vyemm Raider
RNG God's smiled upon me today and I got a Sidereal Energy. Being rich lasted me about two hours but I used it to get my alts into better shape. My roster now:

View attachment 507305

Scouter, Slinger, Slayer are 5x3 +1 and each have two level 9 gems for primary DPS abilities & about four level 8 gems.

Zerker remains untouched and I'm debating starting to save for Breaker in March.
Dang dude, cutting a 9/7 and getting an esther soul. It's been a crazy couple of months for you.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Dang dude, cutting a 9/7 and getting an esther soul. It's been a crazy couple of months for you.

Yeah, it's been an incredible streak of luck (including finally get wings to drop). Feeling very good about my roster. I have about 3k leaps to get Vold honed to 1630 so I should be able to make Thaemine no problem. Hoping that the luck continues for elixir cutting as well as whatever class I decide to push to replace Berserker.

Malakriss

• Changed the max stack of following items to 999,999:
    • Destruction Stones
    • Guardian Stones
    • Leapstones
    • Fusion Materials
    • Healing Potions
Kayangel, Akkan, and honing do not appear in this article.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Kayangel, Akkan, and honing do not appear in this article.

These were never going to appear though. They've been pretty direct that we were getting balance patch/QOL but nothing to increase honing rate. I personally think the best move for them would be to;

1) Remove all gold honing costs up until 1580 for all characters
2) Remove all gold honing costs up until 1610 for all support characters

but that's a dream that won't happen for quite some time.

Balance patch is pretty huge for a lot of classes, looking forward to seeing some actual competition on parses.

Malakriss

1) Remove all gold honing costs up until 1580 for all characters
2) Remove all gold honing costs up until 1610 for all support characters
We would be lucky if they did it up to 1540, but Kayangel double drops were at least a possibility. Still might be because they've screwed up before with version control (or at least weren't aware of what was in/out). Akkan double is only going to happen when paired with a clown gold nerf so people are happy that isn't occurring yet, same with masterpiece gold nerf.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
It's only 35 and I'm incredibly far from 40 but Elixir luck was amazing today:

1704924283020.png

1704924312351.png

Getting my set at 35 is huge for my Soulfist since with my 9/7 I had to go KBW and Adrenaline 2, so this ends up being a crazy DPS upgrade since it also increases the value of KBW DPS wise.