Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Thaemine Hard ready at last. I pushed the extra ilvl in case the defense stuff was true:

1710524695142.png

Now I can focus on Breaker with the 2 shards bags I have left. Good to be done but the cost of this was absolutely insane and pitying anything is way too pushing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Merge brought a bunch of card packs over to my server, the 6er was Varkans which will help cut down on merchant waiting. Out of the 71 legendary packs I ended up with 31 dupes for +2300 XP. Some of them finished the collection and then gave extras on top but the dupes were 4 Wei, 1 Balthorr, 3 Ninevah, 1 Kadan, 1 Thirain, 3 Vairgrys, 5 Weakened Kakul, 3 Guardian Luen, 6 Galatur, 4 Akkan. Of the 22.2M card xp remaining to max I still need 13.3M xp worth of epics. I hit LOS35 from this as you could probably tell from the dupes but from the original legendary cards there are six unfinished, for them I only require 11 cards and then I can use leftover selectors without commanders.

Screenshot_240313_213504.jpg

Screenshot_240315_165117.jpg

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Merge brought a bunch of card packs over to my server, the 6er was Varkans which will help cut down on merchant waiting. Out of the 71 legendary packs I ended up with 31 dupes for +2300 XP. Some of them finished the collection and then gave extras on top but the dupes were 4 Wei, 1 Balthorr, 3 Ninevah, 1 Kadan, 1 Thirain, 3 Vairgrys, 5 Weakened Kakul, 3 Guardian Luen, 6 Galatur, 4 Akkan. Of the 22.2M card xp remaining to max I still need 13.3M xp worth of epics. I hit LOS35 from this as you could probably tell from the dupes but from the original legendary cards there are six unfinished, for them I only require 11 cards and then I can use leftover selectors without commanders.

View attachment 519959
View attachment 519960

Nice summary and grats on finishing a bunch! The merges, frog, and anniversary rewards have certainly been amazing on the card front. I'd be remiss if I didn't look at your Beast damage and post an obligatory:

1710607287422.jpeg

Malakriss

Provide me with a few more million in card xp and I will be happy to bump up % from epics

Islands like Illusion and Spida will be getting the cross-server queue next patch, not entirely sure if this extends to Adventure ones

Malakriss

Powerpass up to 1580
Road up to 1600 with minor rewards up to 1610

Original article was updated it did not have full patch information. Arcturus' Touch was updated for Kayangel and Akkan.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Powerpass up to 1580
Road up to 1600 with minor rewards up to 1610

Original article was updated it did not have full patch information. Arcturus' Touch was updated for Kayangel and Akkan.

This power pass is absolutely insane. Its basically allowing anyone to make a character from scratch and get to Thaemine normal with ease. Every forum that typically hates on Lost Ark is pretty unanimous that this is god send patch.

I'm going to be pushing an Asura Breaker to 1610 and removing my Berserker from Gold Earner, so all alts will be 1610+. Tempted to push the Breaker to 1620 if I like it but that's when it starts getting expensive.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This power pass is absolutely insane. Its basically allowing anyone to make a character from scratch and get to Thaemine normal with ease. Every forum that typically hates on Lost Ark is pretty unanimous that this is god send patch.

I'm going to be pushing an Asura Breaker to 1610 and removing my Berserker from Gold Earner, so all alts will be 1610+. Tempted to push the Breaker to 1620 if I like it but that's when it starts getting expensive.
Too fucking little, too fucking late. This game is ass. This game should be a case study of the sunken cost fallacy syndrome.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Too fucking little, too fucking late. This game is ass. This game should be a case study of the sunken cost fallacy syndrome.

I've honestly got to disagree. I've had a bunch of fun playing, even casually, and quite enjoy that I can play for an hour or two max each day, get my content done, and then log off. Given that doing things like chaos dungeons on my paladin is painful (compared to my berserker), getting rested means I can just do it once every 3 days.

The QOL stuff is great. I'm slowly learning the fights by bussing, and make a bit of gold whilst I am at it (re raids).

One of the reasons I burned out before was that honing at <1% felt retarded and having to have a stable of alts to farm for one main was just not fun for me. I am sure thats what it is like at >1600, but if you're like me and just grinding through the 1540s+ (Paladin at 1551 and Zerker at 1540) and not trying to rush anywhere, its still enjoyable.

Also, whilst playing a sup is ass in Chaos Dungeons, its way more fun in raids/guardians etc, mainly because the patterns are so much easier to deal with!

Del

Vyemm Raider
Maybe you need to retool your build because chaos dungeon on my paladin is really easy and painless.

Here's a good build guide. Not sure if this is what you're running, but it works for me.

1710919993767.png

Glad you're having fun though.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I've honestly got to disagree. I've had a bunch of fun playing, even casually, and quite enjoy that I can play for an hour or two max each day, get my content done, and then log off. Given that doing things like chaos dungeons on my paladin is painful (compared to my berserker), getting rested means I can just do it once every 3 days.

The QOL stuff is great. I'm slowly learning the fights by bussing, and make a bit of gold whilst I am at it (re raids).

One of the reasons I burned out before was that honing at <1% felt retarded and having to have a stable of alts to farm for one main was just not fun for me. I am sure thats what it is like at >1600, but if you're like me and just grinding through the 1540s+ (Paladin at 1551 and Zerker at 1540) and not trying to rush anywhere, its still enjoyable.

Also, whilst playing a sup is ass in Chaos Dungeons, its way more fun in raids/guardians etc, mainly because the patterns are so much easier to deal with!
Ya you're having fun because you're getting bussed. Wait until you have to actually carry raids because half the population is complete trash because they got bussed on everything lol.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
how the fuck are you having trouble in chaos dungeons as any class, let alone paladin? Just use a chaos spec preset.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
how the fuck are you having trouble in chaos dungeons as any class, let alone paladin? Just use a chaos spec preset.

Trouble = slow. Berserker clears the crap out of everything in like a minute per level, Paladin is just so damn slow by comparison, using the chaos dungeon skills.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
He's not wrong, chaos dungeons are slower on supports which is annoying. A lot of people haven't played since the Chaos dungeon updates but mobs now auto aggro and the maps are significantly smaller. The result is you are insta blasting everything and collecting loot, while praying for a Fate Ember (a new RNG drop that has a lot of goodies, including shit like 100k gold to drop). I feel this on my Artist quite a bit, where everything insta-dies on every character but I need to sit there a bit longer on my Artist. It isn't a problem and still takes <3 minutes but you can certainly tell the difference.

I agree the game can be incredibly enjoyable played casually. This patch includes significant increases to materials on a weekly basis, so you're able to play one character and still progress at a decent pace. There's certainly still dead zones (1560-1580 & 1610-1630) where the honing rate is absolute ass and you don't see much progress but that stuff never bothered me, I've always just ascribed it to the same feeling I would get at the end of most modern day MMO expansions where I was mostly BIS and getting a single upgrade would take me weeks/months. My choices are to either grind for those upgrades or take a break and play some single player games. Lost Ark's presentation to this is just absolutely shitty, no one enjoys starring at a honing screen that says "FAILURE" and all your materials that you farmed for the week now being gone.

Game still provided me 2-3 days worth of raids every week with a new raid every 4 months that I enjoy because the combat is the best in the business. I also don't play with people I don't enjoy playing with or pug, so the social aspect is a positive one for me. KR is getting another new raid soon and they are increasing the cadence of releases and with the server merges it feels insanely populated, so things are in a great place for anyone who wants to jump on (message me on Discord!).

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
CDN media

Maintenance got extended. 30 minutes until I get to Break.

Edit: An extra hour now

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Trouble = slow. Berserker clears the crap out of everything in like a minute per level, Paladin is just so damn slow by comparison, using the chaos dungeon skills.
WIth betrayal armor set and dps skills it should barely be any slower really.

Malakriss

NAE leapstones are going down in price, see if that changes later today / tomorrow

edit: clicked through the Horizontal express, only reward I didn't have that it granted was sea bounty for Illusion Isle. Guess I don't have to care about cross server queue change for that.

Last edited: