Lost in Space

Oldbased

> Than U
Have you not seen Shameless?
Ya but that is modern fuckery of sex and diversity. It also doesn't have a long running series and a movie as a past. Lost in Space is erasing history by turning what was black and white into black and white in color.
It's as annoying as Hollywood in 10 years remaking Sanford and Son using a white Bill and Ted or The Jeffersons being remade with a white angry couple.
I swear to god if the robot is Transgaybot I will fuck some shit up.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No it's nothing like that. The race of the Robinson family has NOTHING to do with the character. Sanford and son, race was a huge part of how they related to the world.

This is the equivalent of a Gilligans island remake having Maryanne being black.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shit looks fucking sick. I can't believe that Netflix has some of the highest original series production values of ANY studio on the planet, which would have been unthinkable in 2008.

Netflix and Amazon announced they will spend more than 200b$ each on original programming this year, with a total of 700+ productions.

It's fucking insane where TV is right now, we are in some kind of golden age of show creation. Shows like this, Altered Carbon etc would have never been adapted to screen without the rise of Netflix.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Yeah, that looks pretty good. Kind of surprised honestly as I had low expectations. Netflix is definitely killing it right now. Hopefully the trailer wasn't the best parts of the show.

Not enough lens flares though for sci-fi show.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The full trailer actually looks pretty interesting. I have a question of how fucking many of those flying saucers they have though as it keeps getting burried/falling off cliffs/sinking. If that is all the same ship then god damn that is some sturdy construction.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
This looked rather cool. It seems a bit more gritty, and realistic which I am fine with.

Production value do look awesome.

spronk

FPS noob
The full trailer actually looks pretty interesting. I have a question of how fucking many of those flying saucers they have though as it keeps getting burried/falling off cliffs/sinking. If that is all the same ship then god damn that is some sturdy construction.

seemed like there were 2 families, the one with the kid and Captain Flint and then a second black family, presumably they were in two ships and sent on different parts of the planet and probably reunite at some point

trailer does look good, and looks like will is safe from any pedo's in this version. its gonna be a bit ironic if Lost in Space does better for netflix than Altered Carbon, which no one would have predicted a year ago. Pretty pumped up with how much sci fi is hitting TV nowadays.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wait... what?

How can I possibly be actively looking forward to Lost in Freaking Space??

Damn you Netflix and your billions of dollars on original content. Truly this is a new Golden Age of TV.

Also there is no way that the Robot wasn't inspired by the Geth in Mass Effect

Cybsled

Wow, this looks pretty fucking good. Sold.

Cylon robot is pretty cool too lol

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
OK, that looks sick

black girl-is Judy...was thinking maybe they have major west as her but nope. she is judy

step sister maybe?

Ladro

Anomaly
Damn you Netflix and your billions of dollars on original content. Truly this is a new Golden Age of TV.

The thing that amazes me is some of this shit just comes out of nowhere. I had no idea this was a thing until I saw the teaser and on top of that, it’s completely out in a little over a month.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
black girl is definitely a stable part of the family. she's not from another crashed space ship or anything. the first trailer shows her getting on the ship in dry dock with the rest of the family. the second trailer has her spouting the line about it being an unwritten rule that robinson's stick together.

honestly, i'm fine with that. i couldn't care less what race the family is made up of, as long as it's not a talking point of the show. like, just don't even mention if she's adopted or anything. my favorite quote from gene roddenberry... he was doing a press tour for star trek next generation before it aired. he was sitting with patrick stewart and some douche reporter was trying to be all edgelord and was like, mr stewart, don't you find it odd that in the 24th century, the universe still hasn't found a cure for male pattern baldness? patrick stewart just sat there dumbfounded. he said he was angry, embarrassed, didn't know what to say. before he really even had time to formulate a response, gene buts in and says "i think that in the 24th century, people will have stopped caring about male pattern baldness."

THAT is how you address this. it's not about being color blind, it's about not forcing a race issue where one doesn't belong. can we just assume that in the future the world is a better place? HUMANITY actually means something? i mean i know that's asking a lot but can we just try it out?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Netflix throwing some cash around! Robot looks dope, and the environment shots look pretty damn "expensive".

Ladro

Anomaly
Effects are pretty commoditized these days, price is coming down and there are a lot of studios that can do it. Willing to bet Netflix is either doing some of this in house or will start to.

Cybsled

I love how many people are bitching about the race/etc without knowing a fucking thing about the specific plot of the family's layout. This may shock some of you, but there is this thing called "adoption", and despite what edgelords think, most parents fully integrate them into their family! Holy shit, what a concept!!!!!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wait... adopted kids are real??

(A buddy of mine growing up was the adopted kid in his family and his brother decided once to play the 'your parents didnt love you' card to try and get him riled up. Without missing a beat his mother chimed in with "Don't be absurd, do you realize how much effort we had to go through to adopt Mark into this family? We did it because we fell in love with him the first moment we saw him. You, on the other hand, just sort of happened when the condom broke") It was at that moment I realized that wicked sense of humor and sarcastic nature was definitely a nurtured trait.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
People bitching about characters in the show outside of the Robinson family never watched the show. There was also the young male captain and the creepy stowaway doc with loose morals. Plenty of room for more characters on a space ship show if it means better plotlines.