Lost in Space

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Lots to like but --
its cold enough that a huge lake freezes instantly - but warm enough that it rains rather than snows
a handful of magnesium generates enough heat to melt a huge hole in the ice.
oh, and it burns underwater, no problem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Lots to like but --
its cold enough that a huge lake freezes instantly - but warm enough that it rains rather than snows

i mean, magnesium burns at 4000 degrees F, so i'm okay with that part. it makes less sense that they were putting burning magnesium next to their HANDS. but hey, i can look passed that for plot reasons.

the rest, yeah, i'm with you. they were like, it's going to get dark in 6 hours, then it's going to drop to -60 degrees. but the water freezes 15 minutes after they say that. also, she only has 6 hours of air. also, we're going to trek across the himilayas and and back within that time. also we have no source of food or water. also, good thing you have the suit on when you're in a frozen lake, because it'll keep you warm. but we're not going to put ours on to keep US warm though. plot holes a plenty, but i still enjoyed it for what it was.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Lots to like but --

Magnesium does burn underwater. We had drills for pushing the helicopter off deck if it crashed because the rails were magnesium. It would burn to the bottom of the ocean or some crap they used to tell us.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there are massive plot holes but overall it's a nice average series, just like the original. The parts that bother me the most are how dark the dark scenes are. Often i can't see shit. It's just bad cinematography. Scenes that drag on way too long seem common as well, blame the director and editor for that as well.

Cybsled

I'm willing to give some leeway on the scientific inaccuracies, because if I want more legit science, I watch The Expanse ;)

• 1Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
I'm willing to give some leeway on the scientific inaccuracies, because if I want more legit science, I watch The Expanse ;)

This. There’s a place for silly sci-fi that focuses more on story than reality. This seems like a nice fit in the doesn’t always make sense but is entertaining camp.

Oldbased

> Than U
5% fuel on a spaceship is only enough to travel like 10 miles it seems.

The show is full of good and bad, but it is new and it was free so I can't be too upset.

tera

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty good show 7\10... However there are maaany plot holes and contrivances. I dead panned to the camera (ala Jim from the Office) about 37 times.

But like I said, overall decent if you don't expect too much.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched a bit of the first episode. Doesn't seem very good.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
I'd say it got better by the end. Without revealing much the story corrects itself well and the actors seemed more comfortable in their roles.
The original was out there too so the realism isn't really a valid excuse. I'd say watch it to the end, but I'd suspect now that things have been set on the right course by the end of episode 10 that season 2 if there will be one, will be better.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I liked it.

If you don't like the first two episodes though, I wouldn't bother with the rest - they set the scene pretty well.

Top notch production values, decent to good acting, reasonable story, nonsensical science, overall pretty fun.

They have to be the most half-assed colony expedition in recent memory though - there's 100 colonists, and all of them, let alone the expedition commander *don't* know everyone by sight and skills in great detail ? Wut ?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Enjoyed it overall. I had some minor gripes with some stuff, but nothing that put me off. The only thing is that it seemed some Dr. Smith scenes were cut here and there or she must be fucking omniscient for some of her plans to actually work.

Cybsled

Just got done watching the whole season. Like was echoed before, some parts are facepalm worthy (the cave/radio part is the biggest standout, like really?). And ya, Dr. Smith's plans were like 20D chess, but overall it was good and I hope they do a 2nd season.

I hope the robot isn't gone for good, though

Rime

<Donor>
Show had a very rough start and I did not care about anyone other than the robot until the season was almost over.

These people have shit survival instincts.

I would have space-murdered Dr. Smith the first time she betrayed me. Not the second or third.

Season 2 has potential (if it gets one), overall, it was enjoyable enough that I did not feel like I wasted my time.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
About half way through episode one and it has been ultra boring so far. Acting has been pretty campy. Some really nice landscape shots though.

• 1Like

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Lost in Space
Infestation
Season: 1
Episode: 3
Air date: 2018-04-13

Flashbacks reveal clues to Dr. Smith's past. The Robinsons contend with a new threat as the ship's fuel supply starts dropping -- fast.

Four episodes in and it is sinking for me. And MAN I hated the stupid frozen in the ice device! That's not even close to "science" fiction. Water freezing first under the most pressure and then freezing "up" (because ice even on other planets will still be less dense than it's liquid state) rather than down?!? There was no other way for her to be "stuck" under the ice than that? Will Robinson is annoying. Dr. Smith is annoying and would not fool anyone (but sure fools those dumb-asses), Mr. Robinson is annoying... Can't we have a single, likeable character? Or one really well-crafted bad one? I will say this for Mrs. Robinson (apologies to Simon and Garfunkle), but she has one seriously SMOKING bod! I hope it gets better, but I have lost my hope that it will...

Danger Netflix audience!