Lost in Space

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
I love how many people are bitching about the race/etc without knowing a fucking thing about the specific plot of the family's layout. This may shock some of you, but there is this thing called "adoption", and despite what edgelords think, most parents fully integrate them into their family! Holy shit, what a concept!!!!!

I swear half the people on this forum have some sort of SJW PTSD. Fucking thin skinned reactionary crybabies.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Siliconemelons

black girl is definitely a stable part of the family. she's not from another crashed space ship or anything. the first trailer shows her getting on the ship in dry dock with the rest of the family. the second trailer has her spouting the line about it being an unwritten rule that robinson's stick together.

honestly, i'm fine with that. i couldn't care less what race the family is made up of, as long as it's not a talking point of the show. like, just don't even mention if she's adopted or anything. my favorite quote from gene roddenberry... he was doing a press tour for star trek next generation before it aired. he was sitting with patrick stewart and some douche reporter was trying to be all edgelord and was like, mr stewart, don't you find it odd that in the 24th century, the universe still hasn't found a cure for male pattern baldness? patrick stewart just sat there dumbfounded. he said he was angry, embarrassed, didn't know what to say. before he really even had time to formulate a response, gene buts in and says "i think that in the 24th century, people will have stopped caring about male pattern baldness."

THAT is how you address this. it's not about being color blind, it's about not forcing a race issue where one doesn't belong. can we just assume that in the future the world is a better place? HUMANITY actually means something? i mean i know that's asking a lot but can we just try it out?

That is exactly why star trek discovery was shit... they had to mention and "explain" every damn thing - over and over and over. We get it, spore dudes a giant flaming fag with his doctor bro that is somehow more gay. Her name is Michael - ohh shit son!! Ain't that a boys name?!!?!? Wtfbbq omg

And klingon tits

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
oh the pain....the pain!!!...

i loved smith in the tv series, watched that show on channel 56 back in the 70's

i'll watch this....

not sure about a female dr smith. but since we have not "seen" her in action yet, i'll refrain from judgement until i see her in action.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I love how many people are bitching about the race/etc without knowing a fucking thing about the specific plot of the family's layout. This may shock some of you, but there is this thing called "adoption", and despite what edgelords think, most parents fully integrate them into their family! Holy shit, what a concept!!!!!

This may shock some of you, but there is a thing called "canon", and despite what SJWs think, most people appreciate major characters not being changed to suit them! Holy shit, what a concept!

Am I doing that right? I just want to make sure. I'm just fucking with you, I don't really care. The trailer looks well done and they don't seem to be discussing the character as though her being black is some major selling point for "diversity", which is a good sign. That's the irony of all this...If race were merely something left in the background, I'm positive most people wouldn't even care. But it almost never is, it's always used as a blunt instrument to show how amazing and virtuous the 'artists' are (And preemptively shield the product from criticism by being able to scream about misogyny or racism.)

That said though, again, this show doesn't seem to have those issues. I'm pretty excited.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

"Canon"...lol. You're right, if they don't have fat dudes dressed like alien carrots, I'm going to riot!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
When I first heard about this I didn't expect much, but would have watched for nostalgia's sake alone.

Then I saw the trailer, and became genuinely interested because of the production value that seemed pretty high and it looked interesting in its own right.

That review really makes me look forward to it even more.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If JJ was the director then I would be REALLY worried, but I think Good Geth Robot dude will be the star of the show, or its connections with the protagonist etc.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Watched first episode, seems decent enough. Cool Bill Mumy cameo towards the end that had me cackling.

Cybsled

I've watched through episode 3 thus far. I like it thus far. The robot is pretty cool and Posey's Dr. Smith is the right mixture of 95% piece of shit and 5% humanity (the 5% explaining why they aren't dead yet lol).

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's getting scathing reviews.

yeah, it is. except the people that it's getting scathing reviews from seem to be functionally retarded. i'll quote this review from nbcnews.com and let you guys draw your own conclusions...

(in reference to parker posey's gender swapped dr. smith) "While gender-role reversals often improve reboots — think “Ghostbusters” — in this case it actually may have hurt the project. Posey acts as if she has to play the role straight in order to be taken seriously, and it limits her."

the people that think the all-female ghostbusters movie was an IMPROVEMENT over the originals... THOSE people think this show is bad...

• 1Trump
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
Watched the first episode, wasn’t bad. Left me intrigued, will keep watching. Maybe it’s cliche but thus far it’s been entertaining if not slightly predictable.

Oldbased

> Than U
I should do a free trial or something for Netflix. Been about a year.
So this show, Stranger Things season 2 and what else has been good the past year that is Netflix only to binge out in 7/14/30 days?

Wheee had a 30 days with option for the supa HD.
5 minutes in the show and I am amazed at the detail and quality of the sets but also the umm event and what they were doing at the time.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I should do a free trial or something for Netflix. Been about a year.
So this show, Stranger Things season 2 and what else has been good the past year that is Netflix only to binge out in 7/14/30 days?

Wheee had a 30 days with option for the supa HD.
5 minutes in the show and I am amazed at the detail and quality of the sets but also the umm event and what they were doing at the time.

Santa Clarita diet is hilarious, altered carbon was decent enough. Wild wild country is good if you're into documentaries

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users