Lost

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
If Lost wasn't enough evidence to show what a hack Lindelof is, then Prometheus certainly removes all doubt.

Fuck him.
On a side note, could there be two more thankful people in Hollywood for Lindelof Hate than Ridley Scott and the first writer whose draft apparently sucked so much they were like...yeah lets show this to Damon.

iannis

Musty Nester
Honestly I think they just winged the entire thing except for a few episodes.

I remember the old guy, the smoke monster dude. He was in a wheelchair and crashing on the island healed his legs.

In an interview with that dude he said they didn't even tell him his character had been in a wheel chair until the episode where he had to play it. And he was all like, "Well. You know, as an actor, that's the kind of thing that would have made a difference in how I played this character."

lol. Even old smokey thought they were just fuckin' winging it as they went.

iannis

Musty Nester
Locke. That was his name.

It's actually a better series to me assuming that they had no damn idea where the fuck the story was going and were just producing a serial for as long as they could keep the contract. You can take the good episodes out and ignore the soap opera retardation. Which is most of the show TBH. But they did have some really good episodes. Mostly in the first and last seasons.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
lol
J.J. Abrams apologises to Evangeline Lily over nude scenes in 'Lost'

“In season 3, I’d had a bad experience on set with being basically cornered into doing a scene partially naked, and I felt had no choice in the matter,” she said.

“And I was mortified and I was trembling and when it finished, I was crying my eyes out and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter.

“In season 4, another scene came up where Kate was undressing and I fought very hard to have that scene be under my control and I failed to control it again. And so I then said, ‘That’s it, no more. You can write whatever you want – I won’t do it. I will never take my clothes off on this show again,’ and I didn’t.”

She also went on to explain her frustration at Kate’s story arc, which threw her into a love triangle with Matthew Fox and Josh Holloway’s characters.

“I felt like my character went from having her own story and her own journey and her own agendas to chasing men around the island, and that irritated the shit out of me,” she said.

She added that she would ‘throw scripts across rooms when I’d read them, because I would get very frustrated by the diminishing amount of autonomy she had and the diminishing amount of her own story there was to play’.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
She added that she would ‘throw scripts across rooms when I’d read them, because I would get very frustrated by the diminishing amount of autonomy she had and the diminishing amount of her own story there was to play’.
I mean, she's not wrong, her story went to shit super fast.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I mean, she's not wrong, her story went to shit super fast.
her story wasnt anymore superficial than anyone elses. fatty mcfatfat's backstory was he was a fat loser who won the lottery. Locke's backstory was he got tossed out of a window. Freckles at least got to be the hottest girl on the show the stars fought over. she escaped too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
her story wasnt anymore superficial than anyone elses. fatty mcfatfat's backstory was he was a fat loser who won the lottery. Locke's backstory was he got tossed out of a window. Freckles at least got to be the hottest girl on the show the stars fought over. she escaped too.
compared to Juliet? she was just the hot dumb girl, Juliet had mystery, backstory, motive.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Of all the things wrong with this show, I have to say that Kate's lack of a good backstory ranks about 1,673rd.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
KATE, WE HAVE TO GO BACK up dat ass

its amazing how she still looks so hot in ant man 2, like 12 years later. also a bummer she quit hollywood for so many years

UsbscTe.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
KATE, WE HAVE TO GO BACK up dat ass

its amazing how she still looks so hot in ant man 2, like 12 years later. also a bummer she quit hollywood for so many years

UsbscTe.jpg
Did she cry after this picture was taken?

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
compared to Juliet? she was just the hot dumb girl, Juliet had mystery, backstory, motive.
is Juliet starring in a Marvel Movie? did any of the cast become movie stars after the show ended? juliet was the "plain" girl that the ugly chicks in the audience rooted for because she married Sawyer when everyone thought he would get with Freckles.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
lol
J.J. Abrams apologises to Evangeline Lily over nude scenes in 'Lost'

“In season 3, I’d had a bad experience on set with being basically cornered into doing a scene partially naked, and I felt had no choice in the matter,” she said.

“And I was mortified and I was trembling and when it finished, I was crying my eyes out and I had to go on do a very formidable, very strong scene thereafter.

“In season 4, another scene came up where Kate was undressing and I fought very hard to have that scene be under my control and I failed to control it again. And so I then said, ‘That’s it, no more. You can write whatever you want – I won’t do it. I will never take my clothes off on this show again,’ and I didn’t.”

She also went on to explain her frustration at Kate’s story arc, which threw her into a love triangle with Matthew Fox and Josh Holloway’s characters.

“I felt like my character went from having her own story and her own journey and her own agendas to chasing men around the island, and that irritated the shit out of me,” she said.

The great irony is that Lilly is an antifeminist.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Did you just spoil the entire series for me?

No worries, it was pretty low on my list of shit to go back and watch.
The entire final season got weird. Weird weird.

They had an episode about a Portuguese sailor though that was excellent, and one episode where Allison janey walked around in a thin little dress just bein tall and pretty and shit.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
The entire final season got weird. Weird weird.

They had an episode about a Portuguese sailor though that was excellent, and one episode where Allison janey walked around in a thin little dress just bein tall and pretty and shit.
Desmond being portugese....I am triggered..
The Constant (the episode with Desmond and Penelope(penny) is one of the best love stories in television.

Overall Lost gives you 4 seasons of solid plot and intrigue.

• 1Garbage