Lost

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
giphy.gif

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I thought Desmond was Scottish as in the actor. He's got a Scottish accent.
Desmond David Hume was a Scotsman who spent years on the Island. He had a number of unusual experiences there with electromagnetism, sending his mind repeatedly through time.

Henry Ian Cusick is a British actor who portrayed Desmond Hume, beginning in the second season.

You are right i thought Henry was australian.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sometimes I think I should binge this with an open mind and try to forget all the theorycrafting when we were all watching this "live". Maybe I'll enjoy the wrap-up the second time around. Doubt it.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sometimes I think I should binge this with an open mind and try to forget all the theorycrafting when we were all watching this "live". Maybe I'll enjoy the wrap-up the second time around. Doubt it.
good luck, i think i got a little heartbroken when all our theories turned out to be nothing in the end because these guys were just flying blind.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The entire final season got weird. Weird weird.

They had an episode about a Portuguese sailor though that was excellent, and one episode where Allison janey walked around in a thin little dress just bein tall and pretty and shit.

Oh my god you guys. He's not talking about Desmond, he's talking about Richard! The episode is "Ab Aeterno". Fucking AMAZING episode. It's the story of how Richard ended up on the island, and it shows the smoke monster, and how that old wooden ship ended up on the island where they got the dynamite.

Did you just spoil the entire series for me?

No worries, it was pretty low on my list of shit to go back and watch.

Honestly man, to me, LOST is one of the best three shows I've ever seen in my life. It's just fucking insane. It's not perfect, it has some garbage episodes in the back end of season and a lot of season 3. They started kind of stretching the plot out. But once they had the writer's strike, they really got things on track and pounded out a "tight" story. A lot of people did not like the ending, because the show sets up all kinds of questions and mysteries about the island. It was an impossible show to just give answers and make everyone happy. They did give some answers though, and tied up a lot of stuff. The ending satisfied me and I absolutely loved it.

I found the entire show to be deeply moving and honestly depressing towards the end. It's a lot about letting go and moving on. The show keeps giving the cast what they want then taking it away. A lot of them suffer a lot and get the shit (emotional and physical) kicked out of them. The end scene they linked above depresses the hell out of me. Anyway! It's a great fucking show. If you can find the time, it's ABSOLUTELY worth a watch. "DONT PRESS THE BUTTON!"

• 2Garbage
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
good luck, i think i got a little heartbroken when all our theories turned out to be nothing in the end because these guys were just flying blind.

I honestly loved it. Everyone suspected they were in purgatory, and the writers came out and explicitly stated that they were not in purgatory. What happened on the island was real... And then they introduced the flash-sideways, and people couldn't figure out what was going, because the writers specifically said not purgatory (for the main storyline).

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Basically anyone who shits on this show should die of aids.
Your taste is bad and you should feel bad. Also u geigh bruh, smoke monster touch your peen.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage

I watched this show from start to finish the year the final season aired. And I never read the thread here. The show is pure trash, don't bother. I can confirm there was no jading of the viewer in me from FoH. This show is just one of the worst of all time based on the promise and intrigue it instilled in the early seasons. GoT has nothing on this piece of Americana Travesty Trash.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
I still think it had a decent first half of the first season and a decent final season. And man, they were wildly different things. They could have been two different shows. The middle seasons were lackluster -- just typical night time network except set on an island. It's not that they were bad, it's that they were mediocre. They relied so heavily on the gimmick of the mystery.

The theorycrafting about what was written was better than what was written. That's just what lost was, even the writers admitted it. That's fine even, no shame in that. But it becomes more of a cultural event at that point than a story that you'd like to rewatch.

GoT was stronger for longer, yeah. At least GoT only crapped out when the source material crapped out. GoT s2 is a good, tight season. Entertaining and there's a real story in it.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just watch the first five seasons. End of fifth works well to end the show. Fuck the last season.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
LOST's final episode is one of the best final episodes for TV shows.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I watched this show from start to finish the year the final season aired. And I never read the thread here. The show is pure trash, don't bother. I can confirm there was no jading of the viewer in me from FoH. This show is just one of the worst of all time based on the promise and intrigue it instilled in the early seasons. GoT has nothing on this piece of Americana Travesty Trash.

Hate it or love it... it’s one of the most influential, talked about shows in the history of television. I personally loved it.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hugo was in the series "alcatraz" i was interested in... i shoulda known to not give a fuck when it was on fox, 1 season.

• 1Solidarity

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Bro! I bet everyone in this thread can remember when they saw that episode. The whole episode was off, he's talking about his dad being dead, but he's not supposed to be dead in flashbacks! Then they show this car pull up... Kate gets out? What the fuck? Did they know each other before hand? We have to go back?? WHAT? GO BACK?!? Fucking flash forward!

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users