Lost

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like the "they all died in the plane crash" because then the rest of the story becomes more palatable.

If you say the island was all real life, then it becomes some retarded bullshit about magic that makes no sense. When it had the Egyptian background, or whatever the fuck the fans theorycrafted, that was an awesome story. But what the producers of the show came up with was garbage.

spronk

FPS noob
The island was real there was just too much shit going on "in the real world" to ever try to explain it as purgatory.

What was even more fucked up beyond all the dropped story threads was how Daniel's (the professor guy) mom KNEW she was going to kill him, AND DID IT ANYWAYS. Thats fucked up. She coulda easily changed the past, who gives a fuck what happens if its your kid. Bitch!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck me, have I stepped back in time with this entire discussion?? I don't know how all of these years later and people still have no fucking clue what happened.

The entire events of the Island WERE REAL LIFE! No island "purgatory" bs. Basically Seasons 1-5 = REAL. Season 6 = afterlife wrap up. It's not difficult.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
perhaps it was like final destination and they were supposed to all die, the ones who died cant move on until everyone who is supposed to die, finally does? so when crybaby, kate and hurley feel they need to go back to the island its to free the dead from purgatory.

dangler_sl

shitlord
Season 1- IT'S NOT PURGATORY!
Season 2- IT'S NOT PURGATORY!
Season 3- IT'S NOT PURGATORY!
Season 4- IT'S NOT PURGATORY!
Season 5- IT'S NOT PURGATORY!
Season 6- Hey you know what a good idea would be? PURGATORY!

The others wanna steal your baby.
the others take their orders from Ben
Ben takes his orders from Richard
Richard takes his orders from MiW
MiW wants to steal your baby.

whispers are others
others are ghosts
whoops whispers come from the smoke monster
whoops smoke monster is just MiB.

magic numbers.

Anyone that watched past season 2 without seeing how shitty it was is a moron.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did time travel stuff all happen in season six? I am not looking this shit up. I don't even remember the show
frown.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I know the masses are arguing with only a very small minority about this, but there is practically no way that the island was Purgatory if you believe this line, quoted earlier in this thread:
This is a place that you all made together so you could find one another. The most important time of your life was when you were with these people. That's why you are all here. No one does it alone Jack.
Unless "the most important time of your life" is the few hours of the flight and the crash, that quote invalidates the whole island = Purgatory thing. Even if there is some twisted rule where you have to "progress" through Purgatory with the people you died with, and in the actual geographic location no less, well he would have had to word it differently ("the most important time of your afterlife/death"), and even then...that makes no fucking sense. The island not being Purgatory makes a lot more sense than any of that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know the masses are arguing with only a very small minority about this, but there is practically no way that the island was Purgatory if you believe this line, quoted earlier in this thread:

Unless "the most important time of your life" is the few hours of the flight and the crash, that quote invalidates the whole island = Purgatory thing. Even if there is some twisted rule where you have to "progress" through Purgatory with the people you died with, and in the actual geographic location no less, well he would have had to word it differently ("the most important time of your afterlife/death"), and even then...that makes no fucking sense. The island not being Purgatory makes a lot more sense than any of that.
wouldnt you say that dying in a fiery plane crash with several hundred other people was the most the most important time of their lives?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
wouldnt you say that dying in a fiery plane crash with several hundred other people was the most the most important time of their lives?
By that logic, dying alone in your sleep at 90 is also the most important time of someone's life, simply because that is the one and only time they died. So no, I don't say that. You can argue it, sure, but then why not just say that the moment everyone is born is the most important time, since without that nothing that came later would exist? I think we all understand what "the most important time of your life" is at least implying, and it isn't your death.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
By that logic, dying alone in your sleep at 90 is also the most important time of someone's life, simply because that is the one and only time they died. So no, I don't say that. You can argue it, sure, but then why not just say that the moment everyone is born is the most important time, since without that nothing that came later would exist? I think we all understand what "the most important time of your life" is at least implying, and it isn't your death.
i didnt mean dying itself, i meant the circumstances in which it happened. remember the Alamo!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I'm sure dying in a plane crash was way more important for Jack than repairing someone's spine so they can walk again.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
If Lost wasn't enough evidence to show what a hack Lindelof is, then Prometheus certainly removes all doubt.

Fuck him.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Remember ppl, we had to endure a suckass show like Lost that obviously put all it's eggs in S1 and they were just winging it like a Brazilian soap opera all the other seasons, in order to get a COMPLETE show like Breaking Bad.