Louie

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sometimes I wonder how many of these fucked up scenes are based on perversions of things that actually happened to Louis CK. Like that weird shit with the flea market. That's gotta be based on some messed up day he had on the road.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The previous episode (7) with the airport was like a condensed hour of a O&A episode. (TSA/bullets/luggage all that)

koljec_sl

shitlord
The previous episode (7) with the airport was like a condensed hour of a O&A episode. (TSA/bullets/luggage all that)
It seemed really incomplete.

edit: I guess it's intentional. Between this two-part episode and the cop episode, this season is not as easy to watch as others.

spronk

FPS noob
How 'Louie' got a shorter season because Louis C.K. got high
How did C.K. wind up doing only 8 episodes this season? Well, originally, he wanted to delay season 5 so he could film it in the fall, since shooting previous seasons in winter - particularly the recent crippling New York winters - was wearing him down. Then, the night before FX chief John Landgraf was going to announce the delay, C.K. smoked a lot of marijuana, felt a burst of inspiration for stories he wanted to tell this season, and wrote pages and pages on his computer, breaking out all of what he felt would be an amazing season. He called Landgraf and asked if he could produce on the original schedule; a frustrated Landgraf told him they had already allocated most of his budget to other shows, and the best they could do was a half-season. So C.K. agreed, Landgraf announced that, and in the sober light of day, C.K. finally read what he had written... and it was gibberish. He didn't use a single idea or joke from it in making season 5. Don't do drugs, kids. Or, at least, don't make big decisions while high.

not a bad season, this show isn't really my favorite but its interesting and worth watching. I usually feel sad/depressed after watching an episode, and the last few episodes haven't really changed that. Although seeing Louie being happy with his kid at the end was nice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if you've followed CK's career and ingested most of his inverviews, conan/o&a, his specials and stuff, you can tell this season really felt like he was phoning it in. Like he took the "Best of" or "highlight" reels just made episodes about em, still funny and for the ppl that just watch Louie and never even seen a special or his interviews or even turned on the tv once a year to watch the incredibly bad SNL, just cuz he hosted it, it'll be great, but us connoisseurs of CK can find this season lacking.

spronk

FPS noob
LCK was on Celeb jeopardy last night. Nice mustache!

Also sadly sounds like his show will not be coming back
frown.png

Louis C.K. on FX Show: - Hollywood Reporter

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah he has said in 3/4 different places that he is essentially not the same guy at all anymore and can't muster up the inspiration to do it anymore. It's sad, but the guy is an artist and it doesn't preclude doing it 5/10 years down the line.