Louie

Fedor

<Banned>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
67DJvf9i7MRwUSUCtDRujmHwUHg.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Louie[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2010-06-29[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Louis C.K. stars as a fictionalized version of himself; a comedian and newly divorced father raising his two daughters in New York City.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

'Louie' Going on Hiatus Until 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
This last season was fucking hilarious and rather artistic. Good cinematography and all that fancy crap, but besides that; the humor was a blast. Raunchy, ironic, witty, pithy- I enjoyed this season immensely and I'm disappointed it won't play in 2013.

Zarniwoop_sl

shitlord
I've only watched Seasons 1 and 2 so far, but this show is really, really good. I love Louis C.K.'s comedy, so that makes sense - it's just very honest and real.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I just saw Louis C.K. live in Athens, GA two weekends ago. It was goddamn hilarious.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
The Phoenix show got delayed from Dec 22 to Feb 15. I was so depressed when I read the email. Then I kept reading and it said he's postponing it so he can film his next special there. And my tickets are still good. YEA BITCH.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was interesting to hear in the Stern interview that he basically makes fuck all for his TV show but in return gets complete freedom to do whatever he wants, meaning FX only sees the episode once its ready to air and they don't get to change much (if anything) about it.

Fedor

<Banned>
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/ar...es-on-him.html

Did you also have an immediate vision of the Jack Dall character, who trains you for your audition?

To me, it was Ben Gazzara. So Vernon Googles Ben Gazzara while we're talking. He died an hour before he Googled it. I think it's possible the minute I said, "I think this is Ben Gazzara," he dropped dead. I sent it to Jerry Lewis. We got a phone call from his personal secretary saying, "Jerry is not interested at this time." We reached out to Woody Allen, who said, "I can't contribute to this right now." I got a really nice e-mail from Al Pacino. Martin Scorsese said: [Scorsese voice] "Louie's terrific, I enjoy the program. I can't be any part of this right now." What I learned is that the level I'm at now I get polite nos. It used to just be nothing but silence.

How did you arrive at David Lynch?

I Googled [Francis Ford] Coppola to see if he had acted in anything. And on the page I was at: directors, David Lynch. I thought: "That would be really weird. It doesn't make any sense." I put him in my head and I read the script, and I'm like: "This is way better than any of those guys. This is the only guy that could ever do it. If I don't get David Lynch, I'm not doing it."

What was it like to direct him?

He knew the character so well. When we did the scene in the office where I dance around, it was really humiliating. It gave me a stomachache to do it. At one point, out of self-consciousness, I said, "This isn't even funny." And David said: "No, it's not funny. It's not supposed to be." I got to hang out with him, smoke cigarettes with him, even though I haven't smoked in a year. I love the guy.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Shit, listening to that Stern interview makes me wish I was going a New York a couple weeks later. Would love to catch 10 minute set at the Comedy Cellar.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I can't wait for the special to air. I saw it live during the taping, but my knees hurt so god damn bad from those preposterous seats that I can't even remember any of the jokes.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I like Louie but I'm getting tired of people acting like he's some sort of minor deity.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
This special was excellent as always, but it is the worst since One Night Stand. He has added mass appeal, with more vocal inflection and showmanship, but at the cost of what really makes him great. The bit about the neighbor was neutered and removed the best part. The "of course but maybe" was classic Louis, though with added flare that is superficial and takes away from the humor. I'm the gayest of the gay for Louis, but the past season of his show, and the special, has shown a decline. I hope it is temporary.