Lucifer

Cybsled

Supposedly the main plot of season 6 is some young angel decides to be Lucifer 2.0 and rebel, so now Lucifer has to deal with this

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Really enjoyed this season, I thought this was the last one so I'm glad to hear it isn't. Gives them time to make Lopez God, like I feel like they've hinted at a few times. I'm probably wrong.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Really enjoyed this season, I thought this was the last one so I'm glad to hear it isn't. Gives them time to make Lopez God, like I feel like they've hinted at a few times. I'm probably wrong.
I would worship her.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

I hadn't considered that, but it would make sense. God even visits her personally and says they can see her light up in heaven.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
season 6, final season, premieres 9/10. netflix drops all episodes at once

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmmm Interesting. That looks like Brianna Hildebrand from Deadpool. I am of course watching this.

Cybsled

So I watched the season. I think it was a classic example of why a show going on for too long is a bad thing.

It felt really disjointed. Like they weren't sure what the "main" story was beyond "What is Lucifer going to do now that he won the chance to become God?".

Spoilers for season below

I think the biggest issue I had is they had all these "mini crisis" that kept coming up. Chloe addicted to Ammenadiel's necklace super power at first I thought was a plot device to explain why Rory is an angel - but then Charlie gets wings later which throws that out and makes the whole Chloe thing pointless. Ammenadiel's adventures as a cop was too on the nose/preachy and while they tried to tie it into his decision to "be a better God by making sure the angels understand Earth better", it felt half baked. Then you had the apocalypse that wasn't an apocalypse. The whole pointless Adam subplot and Maze self-sabotaging again. Ella's "instant perfect boyfriend" magically manifesting and being 100% understanding even though Ella was being ultra stalker - I mean she deserved some happiness, but it felt like they handled it really fast. Like the past seasons, Trixie was mostly MIA again and it felt odd that in the future, Rory is literally the only person at Chloe's deathbed and even Trixie isn't. Maybe they didnt want to cast "old Trixie"? IDK, felt lazy.

Then the whole pre-destination paradox shit they pulled. So throughout the season they keep talking about fate vs. free will, and seem to land on free will as their answer, but it isn't. Rory causes his disappearance and Rory wants them to promise to not change past events in order to not change the future, which they comply with. But then it basically makes it so there never was any free will - everything was already ordained to happen and there was never any choice in the matter.

There was some good stuff - I did like the whole Dan as a ghost subplot, Ella finally finding out about everything finally and also making her friendship with Azriel official, Ammenadiel becoming God and Lucifer basically trying a "Good Place" solution for Hell which makes sense - a few decades of mistakes translating into an eternity of torture always felt pretty bullshit, so Lucifer becoming a soul therapist to try to help people not self-torture through guilt seemed like a good way for him to do some wide spread good that fits his talents.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It had its highs and lows for sure but I like how they wrapped everything up at the end and I like Lucifers final calling a lot.

I wonder if Trixie ever found out about everything? She was the only one in the dark still.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Realize this is a bit of a necro but I plowed through this over the last week or two and after catching up on the thread a bit, I have to say I'm astonished the later seasons were so well received because I could notice a distinct drop off in quality the very first episode of Season 4, which I later found out is when Netflix took up the show. Tom Ellis was great but aside from him the entire Netflix run was them wasting or shitting on characters. Thankfully they seem to have inexplicably restrained themselves from stuffing in a bunch of social garbage, aside from that utterly pathetic shit with them trying to shoehorn Amenadiel into a racial profiling subplot.

I really wish Fox had given the show a 4th and final season instead of just cancelling it and letting Netflix pick up the pieces.

spronk

FPS noob
the thread pretty much died after season 4, theres only like 1 message above about the final season, ironically posted on 9/11

I must have watched the final season already because it was my wifes favorite show and we watched as it dropped but i honestly cannot remember anything about it. season 1 had hot slutty girls and goofy shit, by season 5 it was all man ass and girl power. Not whining, the show was always targeted at women.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I stopped watching this after it went to Netflix. I never felt this was that great of a series. Don't get me wrong, Tom Ellis was perfect in the role, but it was yet another police procedural BUT! the side kick is Satan. He never really used any powers other than "What do you really want?" or whatever. The first season actually had some super-heroish stuff going on. The Lucifer DC character is incredibly powerful.

Anyway, can someone sum up what the deal with Chloe is? Why Lucifer lost his powers around her, etc.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why Lucifer lost his powers around her, etc.
Celestial beings self-actualize. He felt vulnerable around her so he became vulnerable
which creates sort of a plot hole when he stops being vulnerable around her later with no real explanation, although he gains enough control over the self-actualization in the final season to force himself vulnerable in a display of trust for his time traveling daughter.
Amenadiel felt guilty for being responsible for the death of a human so he took his own powers away.
Michael gaslights God into thinking he's losing control of his powers and he actually does start to lose control of his powers.

by season 5 it was all man ass and girl power
See I wouldn't have minded the girl power if the writing had been the least bit ambitious. The mythology of Eve and Lilith gave them plenty of room to explore some real feminist stuff, not the contemporary 'girls signing up for gender studies so they can complain about girls not signing up for STEM' bullshit, but maybe explore the psychological ramifications of being created from Adam to be subservient to him after Lilith was expelled from Eden, or of eating the forbidden fruit, or why she never felt guilty about her choices and ended up in Heaven. Sadly they didn't really have time for anything complicated with a tiny 10 episode season and Eve was pretty much just a one-note party slut (even if the actress was delightful). Lilith was even worse, they pissed her away in a single flashback episode.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So after seeing this in a bunch of Youtube shorts, I finally started watching this. The first two seasons were good/great, in the context of a police procedural. I am kinda iffy on watching past this because I really like the show now and hate for it to GOT season 8.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
The later seasons weren't as good as the first few, I believe because they found out loads of women watched so it went a bit more touchy feely. However, I watched the entire run and other than a few episodes it was still watchable.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The last season is pretty weak but it's nowhere near GoT Season 8 bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Like most cancelled shows that Netflix picked up and continued, it pales in comparison to earlier seasons. Longmire is another. My advice is to just stop watching. The shit that makes S1 and S2 good fade away down the stretch.

• 1Like