Lucifer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Streets are mean, but not as mean as the Lord of Hell and he's here to keep em clean.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This trailer reminds me of something they would have ran at the end of "Forgetting Sarah Marshal" when it shows that really ridiculous animal psychic detective show as Sarah's new TV show...this seems like the trailer that would have followed that up, it's equally ridiculous.

That said I've never read the comic and I think it looks pretty interesting, but since it's Fox it wont make it past the first season.

Also I forsee (if it's not happening already) this being protested by a lot of religious groups.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well...lots of side boob and some swearing is possible. Ass's are a possibility too.

I'm pretty sure I'll watch this and I think I'm looking forward to it. If nothing else it's something different, even if that trailer did look like a spoof trailer that someone made as a joke.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Pilot is out.

As for it being something different, that couldn't be further from the truth unless you meant different as in exactly the same shit tied up in a different bow.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
It's another version of Castle, or Mentalist, which I don't mind.
I enjoyed the pilot so I'll be watching.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didnt know this was a crime of the week but it was fun like castle

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm curious where they go from here, I mean, I'm not sure where they could go from here. I mean they seemed to cover all points in the pilot that if they rehash it more than a few times it'll get stale really fast. As it is though it was entertaining and I'll watch as long as it doesn't do those things.

Homsar

Never seen the main actor but he was good. Ill keep watching if it focuses on a long arc and keep up with some good humor

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Amusing show. I'll watch it.

I do like how they portrayed him, if it is a bit less subtle than the comic. I mean this in the way that he outright tells everyone he is the Devil Himself with complete honesty and simply nobody believes him. Or thinks its some kind of hollywood act.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Very fun pilot, Castle and Mentalist comparisons are spot on. 2016 though? Ugh.

Homsar

So wait I just realized this show has some potential which will probably piss me off. So there is a chance of Etrigan and other characters showing up in this show?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This show cracked me up several times. "How long have I been out? Three years." I love it. Lucifer is awesome, I like the chick detective a lot, and I even think the little girl is adorable, which is not something I normally find myself saying about kids on a TV show. Sure, it is a procedural detective show that we've seen over and over and over, but the characters make it worth the watch for me. I could have said I wasn't going to watch Castle because I've seen the exact same thing dozens of times, but I'd have missed out on some great characters, great scenes, and great episodes. Unless something goes horribly wrong, this will be on my watch list.

I love how Lucifer has no filter too. "It's hard for you, isn't it? Not to be a douche." Or how he told the rapper he has shitty music. That actor nails it for me. And as mentioned, I love how he is completely up front about who he is, and no one believes him. Like, he even makes jokes which are funny if you believe who he is, but make no sense at all if you don't, because he doesn't care. It is possible that this guy's Lucifer could be one of my favorite new characters.

Homsar

Yea the main actor nailed it and had me laughing, I like how he went back to bang the shit out of the therapist and kept his word. But if they keep an arc and bring in characters like Etrigan/Constantine this show could be pretty awesome. The guy looks nothing like the comics but ill let it slide

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Lucifer and his family. Even his angel brother said he was following him and noticed him caring about people and that he didn't like it and mentioned a balance that needed to be maintained. Which sort of hints that Lucifer was always destined to revolt against God, which flies in the face of what most of Christianity teaches.

I also found it odd (and didn't like) that while Lucifer stood up for himself when confronted, I got the impression that the Angel could have kicked his butt....which you would think would NOT be the case.

Speaking of Christianity, Church groups on the netz are flipping their lids over this show.