Lucifer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sterling

El Presidente
American Gods was awful, and one of the most boring things I've ever read. Good Omens was decent, but didn't really live up to the hype. Both of those have pretty much prevented me from even trying any of his movies or comics really. Maybe I'll give some of them a shot, but I sort of feel like he's just one of those guys everyone else likes and I don't.
I can see how someone wouldn't necessarily enjoy American Gods. I liked it personally but I get it. Sandman is really good though. Also randomly, he wrote the story that they made the movie Stardust from which is a legitimately awesome movie.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
American gods is coming to stars or cinamax right? I read the premise a while ago and was looking forward to it

Homsar

nothing about mini series but I've heard friends talk about the books for a while and the concept sounded very fun or interesting. I'm just now getting into Gaimans work

On June 16, 2015, Starz officially announced that it had greenlit the series,[11] and the show began its casting search for its lead characters.[12] Showrunner Bryan Fuller estimated in May 2015 that the show would likely air in "late 2016."[13]

Homsar

Premiere finally announced, Mon Jan. 25th at 9 PM after the X-Files. Sounds like a good night!

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think I had a copy of the pilot mid summer. Wonder if anything will change.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the premier a lot more than I expected. From the previews it looks like he will become mortal? That's the only way the show can be interesting long term in my opinion.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I also enjoyed the premier much more than I thought I would. I like the Lucifer stuff in Sandman but haven't read the spin-off. I'm sure its not a buddy cop spin off but whatever, looks like this will be a guilty pleasure. That chic is hot. Tryna see Hot-tub High School.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Just rewatched the pilot (the old one, so not sure if anything changed), and fuck do I enjoy this show. Can't wait for more.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Sorry for creating another thread of the same title. I looked over the first page and did not see anything recent so...

Being a fan of the comic series, a huge part of me is hoping the television series eventually moves in that direction. Lucifer playing side kick while "land based" seems like it will not have much longevity towards die hard fans of the comic series. But I'll give this series a shot.

I would love to eventually see Destruction throw that spear right through Lucifer as a rallying cry for war. I have that original art piece somewhere...

One of the few times I have met Neil Gaiman, I asked him knowing what he knows now about the whole Sandman series, what would he change? "All of it." "All of it?" "Yes - it was originally supposed to be based in the DC universe but once I was allowed to create my own separate universe, I would have changed how I approached it." (Paraphrased from memory...)

Brand

Molten Core Raider
The cop is a Nephilim I assume...Her mother was a wild girl and her dad a lawman. Hence her immunity...Just seems like the obvious guess. Depending on the mythology...Sometimes Nephilim are the offspring of angels and man, but other times the offspring of angels and fallen angels. At a guess, I'm thinking her dad will end up being Michael.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
I think it will be revealed that the hot cop's father was killed on the same street she now works. Didn't she mention something about a case being on that street that everyone saw one way, but she saw it differently (personally)? And thus why her ex-husband was trying to push her to close the pilot episode case quickly - perhaps to avoid her digging into the cold case again? And as a twist, the ex-husband was the trigger man since he might be into some illegal stuff the father found out about, but never got to warn her daughter. Meanwhile, Lucifer will be in the middle, attempting to help her while harming those that harmed her most - possibly with her attempting to stop Lucifer.

We shall see.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Loved this show last night. I cannot wait for more. Very impressed.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Loved this show last night. I cannot wait for more. Very impressed.
Same. The idea and trailers came out as cheesy, but the pilot was actually good. Kinda over the top, but good. Looking forward for some good heart eating.