Lucy with Scarlett Johannson (wholly crap)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So is Prometheus a Science Fiction or Fantasy movie?
rrr_img_63994.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
shoulda given boogie the drug, by the end of the movie he coulda transformed himself into scarjo

maxresdefault.jpg
Holy crap. He's like the white version of Proposition Joe.

He's ass deep in the doritos trade. He gets ranch style straight from the hidden valley itself.

kudos

<Banned>
I thought it was a cool movie until she started moving shit with her finger swipes. Then it just became stupid.

I'll still download it though.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How come they never let women go full retard? Fuckin glass ceiling...

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the issue for some is that 90%+ of the entertainment our culture produces is simply moronic crap.
Since we only use 10% of our brain, it creates the illusion that 90% of what we watch is crap.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Movie looks like it'll be entertaining.

Oddly enough that's all I give a fuck about when it comes to movies. Call me crazy.

iannis

Musty Nester
Since we only use 10% of our brain, it creates the illusion that 90% of what we watch is crap.
If I go watch this movie there is a 50/50 chance that I will be entertained. But if I buy a ticket for this movie and then go into a DIFFERENT theater, there is a 66% chance that I will be entertained.

Can't explain that shit. Magic.

kudos

<Banned>
If I go watch this movie there is a 50/50 chance that I will be entertained. But if I buy a ticket for this movie and then go into a DIFFERENT theater, there is a 66% chance that I will be entertained.

Can't explain that shit. Magic.
There is a 100% chance I'll get a boner.

QvzI6iZ.gif

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This is even more absurd than Peter Parker getting bitten by a radioactive spider.

Spider genetic material incorporating into human DNA and resulting in phenotype changes isn't particularly realistic, but there is enough precedent of real-life GMO for the layman to suspend belief.

In contrast, everyone has heard from Buzzfeed, Reddit, etc at some point in their life that the "we use 10% of our brain" thing is completely false. It's like making a movie on the premise of the world being flat.

The writers know better, it's just a blatant insult to the audiences intelligence.

The premise would be lot better if it was some kinda DARPA designed human-computer interface implant gone wrong. It be more topical and we'd get to see her fighting the military instead of a bunch of Asian Yakuzu looking Johnny Mnemonic rejects.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Every time the trailer for this plays i ask myself, is this for real? and at the end when somebody asks morgan freeman, what will happen when scarlet johansen uses 100% of her brain, he replies in his fancy morgan freeman voice "i have no idea" i facepalm. at least the 1980s Firestarter explained Charlie's powers through pineal glands in her brain and as she developed that muscle she would gain more power and they were worried that when she hit puberty it would make her a walking WMD (watch the end of that movie for some of the best cheese special effects you have ever seen). that was at least sorta kinda believable. this is just, she has powers, because she has powers, yeah dig this cgi crap.

Hollywood continues to butcher science. Also, Jarnin appears to be as dumb as chuk.
it took me almost 4 months and grimlokk's thread bump before i noticed this. but now that i have. i see you sir. i see you very well!

khorum

Murder Apologist
A few years ago I read an interview with a screenwriter who was considering a botched retroviral autism cure as the basis for some kind of mind-expanding revolution... he got into the weeds with blood-brain barrier permeability so the producers eventually went with a radioactive bug bite to secure a potential 0.00003% boost in ticket sales. It's much easier to do CGI bugbites.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I watched it, it wasnt terrible, it was just Ok - i mean it had Scarjo so there is always that. The dialogue got kinda weak as soon as she got the juice but whatever 5.5/10.