Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

So if our sun and I suppose Jupiter has such a massive gravity well effect going on that we see countless objects being drawn towards them....how does this work? It's flight path doesn't make alot of sense...it should have just blasted through our solar plane...or indicated some pull from our solar systems gravity...unles we're all fucked and the science is wrong.
Especially since it more or less did a "flyby" of the inner planets in our system then shot back towards the direction in which it came.....does that mean there is something attracting it out in space that we cannot see?
Or is it one of these things?
iu

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Never did hear any follow up. Did that "daredevil" prove us fools wrong?

Tylers picking up what I'm putting down.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Never did hear any follow up. Did that "daredevil" prove us fools wrong?

Since you think the idea of Flat Earth is retarded I'm curious as to your explanation on a few things.

1) How come water insists on remaining flat no matter what and always follows the path of least resistance to achieve this equilibrium?

2) How can space be a vacuum when a physical barrier is required to create one?

3) No measurement of Earths rotation or movement at all for that matter has ever been detected or recorded.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Only because it's the holidays. I got you bro.
Happy Thanksgiving Lumi!
1) How come water insists on remaining flat no matter what and always follows the path of least resistance to achieve this equilibrium?

First of all, water will only remain flat when it is completely undisturbed. In a lake or the ocean, the wind creates waves on the surface. In a river, the water is flowing downhill, and the surface of the water is certainly not flat.

However, generally we think of water as being flat. That's not really true either. The oceans are certainly not flat -- they are curved! The oceans are on the surface of the Earth, which is a very big sphere. So while the ocean looks flat to us, it is simply because we don't have enough perspective to see that they are curved... but they are! Think about a globe and you can easily see that the oceans are very curved.

However, all this aside, if you have a glass of water, and let it sit undisturbed, the water level is flat. This is because the pull of gravity is equal across the face of the water. The water molecules are free to move throughout the liquid, and the gravity affects each water molecule equally, pulling them all down the same. That is why the water level stays flat in a glass.

The reason the oceans are curved is in fact the same reason. The pull of gravity can be approximated as coming from the center of the Earth. So if you are on one side of the Earth, the pull of gravity is in exactly the opposite direction as if you were on the other side (some people like to think of Australians as being upside down, which is of course ridiculous, but that's that same idea). Because gravity is pulling the water molecules equally towards the center of the Earth, the surface of the water is the surface of a sphere, which is of course, curved.

Water can't bend? Stick your finger into a water glass, and the water bends out of the way of your finger. It's a fluid, it has almost no rigidity.

In everyday life and also often in physics, we make simplifications to get rid of overly complex facts that only have an extremely small effect on what we're doing or calculating.
So, on our human scale, water's surface is flat, which is more of a short hand for "water's surface is perpendicular to gravity's pull", and gravity pulls down, so it's perpendicular to down, which is horizontal.
But if you want to be a stickler, if you move even slightly to the side, gravity will still pull you towards the same point, but you've moved, so you have to shift your concept of "horizontal", so if you have a large pool of water, like an ocean, "horizontal" is right, perpendicular to the pull of gravity, but since gravity pulls you towards one point, "horizontal" is actually round and not straight.

I learned this back in grade 3 dude.
In fuckin Canada.
Disproving humanities major achievment of using the observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of the phenomena to better our understanding of the universe, or as Flat-Earthers say "mumbo-jumbo", that we have developed for thousands of years not as a culture, but as a fucking species, to prove how shit works to within 0.01% of a degree in some rare cases doesn't seem possible but I digress.

Gravity.

You can think of planets like wells or deep holes in the ground (gravity wells). Denser things fall to the bottom (rocks), less dense things rest on top of that (water), even less dense things on top of that (air), and finally the least dense thing on top of everything (vacuum).

The air, for the most part, isn't leaving the planet for the same reason the water isn't flying out of the ocean, gravity is holding it down.

It's important to remember that space doesn't suck. It's not that kind of vacuum. There is not a force pulling things into space in the same way there is not a force pulling air out of a hole in a balloon.

3) No measurement of Earths rotation or movement at all for that matter has ever been detected or recorded.
Negative. Source: First Direct Measurement of Earth's Rotation - Astrobiology Magazine
Original Source: TUM - Rotation der Erde erstmals unmittelbar gemessen

Please dude, go back to school. Or read a book. Fuck, if your close enough, I'll tutor you.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Only because it's the holidays. I got you bro.
Happy Thanksgiving Lumi!

Please dude, go back to school. Or read a book. Fuck, if your close enough, I'll tutor you.

Lol you're painfully delusional and retarded. A vacuum can't exist without a physical barrier between it and the atmosphere. Water doesn't magically curve around a giant ball you fucking idiot. Earth isn't moving at all and every experiment ever conducted has never shown movement. The youtube channel you keep linking is full blown retard level shit yet you probably believe it lol.

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Stellar aberration (derivation from Lorentz transformation) - Wikipedia

Stellar aberration is an astronomical phenomenon "which produces an apparent motion of celestial objects". It can be proven mathematically that stellar aberration is due to the change of the astronomer's inertial frame of reference.

In other words, we know as not just a scientific but a mathematical fact that the stars look like they are moving not because of their own motion, but because of the Earth's motion.

Now maybe the Illuminati has a giant projector that produces the lights in the sky with enough mathematical precision to fool us. But other than that...

• 3Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Since you think the idea of Flat Earth is retarded I'm curious as to your explanation on a few things.

Gravity, gravity, Coriolis effect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Don't fucking quote science and real things in this thread you miserable shitlord.

there's no difference between science and science fiction, "Mad" Mike Hughes said so himself! he's going to prove everyone with that rocket tomorro!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like