Luther

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The first case is all about Astro!

Luther investigates the death of an internet troll, with no shortage of suspects.

Less than one week to go...

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Indeed.

I did wonder why she didn't ring the police though when she was ready to do it over a cat. Then again pure panic in that situation is forgiveable I suppose, posthumously at least
tongue.png

Loved the subtle nod to Alice. She's not in the credits so I wonder if she pops up in the second two parter if it is indeed 2 x 2 again.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Indeed.

I did wonder why she didn't ring the police though when she was ready to do it over a cat. Then again pure panic in that situation is forgiveable I suppose, posthumously at least
tongue.png

Loved the subtle nod to Alice. She's not in the credits so I wonder if she pops up in the second two parter if it is indeed 2 x 2 again.
When she didnt call the police i was thinking "Welp she has it coming then"

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was so disappointed that Alice didn't show up at some point. I love Alice so much that I would *almost* consider seeing that shitty ass Lone Ranger movie just for her. But I know she wouldn't really be Alice, and she won't be enough to erase the terribleness of another Johnny Depp/Helena Bonham Carter shitfest.

Maybe Alice will gut the new love interest
tongue.png
There's got to be something sideways going on there, that was way too convenient and easy. I mean sure, Luther is an attractive stud (no homo), but that was way too easy regardless.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Did you notice the postcards? She's deffo still part of his life for him to have gone to the trouble of not only keeping them but putting them on display.

It also amused me the internal affairs types are so convinced he's a fucked up copper they believe he's done her in!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
No, I totally missed these postcards you're referring to. I don't doubt she's going to be in this season, but with only 4 episodes, and this being the last season I think(?), I was hoping she'd play a prominent role in all 4.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I am pretty sure Alice will show up. To end Luther w/o Alice is a crime against humanity.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
No, I totally missed these postcards you're referring to. I don't doubt she's going to be in this season, but with only 4 episodes, and this being the last season I think(?), I was hoping she'd play a prominent role in all 4.
When she escaped (with his assistance) from the looney bin in season 2 and was waiting in Luthers house for him she wanted him to run away with her. They were going to go to various exotic countries, especially ones beginning with M. He said they'd catch her and her response to that was that the authorities were Wyle E Coyote whilst she was the Road Runner "Meep Meep" She eventually leaves disappointed as although it is clear Luther is tempted he can't do it.

In this weeks episode when he gets home to the new flat and takes his coat off he first stands up the photograph and then sits down and briefly looks at the mantelpiece where there are 10+ postcards lined up on it, you can see Monte Carlo and other sunny places along with a Roadrunner postcard mixed in with them. Seeing his face you can tell looking at them brings him pleasure.

Add to that the trailer for the season which shows her stood in the middle of the police station smiling and waving at him while everyone around stands agog
biggrin.png
I wonder if that appearance makes Justin doubt what he is doing as the ex-copper strongly hinted Luther had killed her.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I do remember seeing all those post cards now that you mention the Roadrunner one, I was just too dense to grasp their significance
tongue.png
That happens to me from time to time!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love that show, as much as it bothers me sometimes that the BBC does these short series when I want more. I think it might be what makes them so good. They make the serie as long as it need to be to tell the story they want to tell. They are not bound by having to have a set number of episodes.

Even in North America, a lot of the great shows are on cable where seasons are 12 episodes versus 22 on regular tv. In general it means less filler, and just better tv.

I love Idris Elba, he's good in pretty much everything he does. He'll always be Stringer Bell to me though.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Soon...

I turned off as soon as it said Next so no idea if she was in the trailer for the second two parter.

The scene at the end in the dingy dodgy office, oh my. After that recording Luther is going give Justin a big manly hug!

I hope that isn't the end of that storyline though, it seemed the other guy was giving up a little too easily but maybe I misinterpreted that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Soon...

I turned off as soon as it said Next so no idea if she was in the trailer for the second two parter.

The scene at the end in the dingy dodgy office, oh my. After that recording Luther is going give Justin a big manly hug!

I hope that isn't the end of that storyline though, it seemed the other guy was giving up a little too easily but maybe I misinterpreted that.
You should have watched the trailer!! Now I can't say anything about it!

Another great episode, but...

Where the fuck is Alice?
Seconded. If I don't get a fantastic Alice ending, I'm going to be disappointed no matter how awesome the rest of the show is (and it is). It's funny too, because I HATED that bitch the first episode or two. And then I grew to love her, which to me is the mark of a great character and great writing. I constantly watch this show hoping she will pop up and fuck with someone. Like when the internal affairs guy was passed out drunk on the floor and two boots appeared. I wanted those boots to belong to Alice so badly. But no, they belonged to that horse-faced conniving bitch trying to ruin Luther because she's a fucking baby. If Alice doesn't show up and make her disappear or something, I'm going to be so bummed.

Alice, my love, wherefore art though?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Does anyone else see Luther get in his car and say "Jesus Wakandan, get a full size!"

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
GOD DAMMIT!

Fuck me. This show is so good, I hate it sometimes.

Anyway, on a different note, please let Alice be the whirlwind, please let Alice be the whirlwind.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Justiiiiiiiin
frown.png

And FUCK the BBC for that preview, I'd left the remote out of reach and I saw the first ten seconds before I could switch it off. BAH.

When they showed his new lady friend entering the house near the end I was 99% convinced Alice was going to be sat on the settee waiting for him.