Luther

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't hate the new girlfriend now, but I always envisioned Luther walking off into the sunset with Alice. Hopefully she beats the fuck out of the internal affairs guy, the new girlfriend is killed/traumatized by the bad guy, and Alice tells him something like, "Let's grow old on a beach somewhere."

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Nooooooooooo, stick a fork in it, it's done
frown.png

*sheds manly tear*

Will comment more when the yanks have eztv'd it.

Although
Loved loved LOVED the ending. Shedding his coat showed it was all over. They can now move on to do Doctor Who together
tongue.png

Hippos

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pretty good season and closure to the BBC series, though the upcoming movie (assuming they're still doing it) won't be the same without Justin =/

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I doubt there'll ever be a movie so it will be a nice surprise if one turns up. That means, to me at least, this was the end of Luther.

Looking back I'm really disappointed Justin died, don't get me wrong it was a great plot point and moved the story in a direction none of us were expecting, but my end of Luther dream had Ripley being Luther 2.0 and running his own team under Schenk
frown.png

Talking of Schenk, his face to face with George at the car Alice sprung Luther from was fantastic. Schenk rarely gets to show his characters balls of steel but he damn well did there.

I didn't think he had killed Erin after shooting George, the shot being heard offscreen being the key to that. Presuming he leg shot her like Luther although it wasn't too clear from the ambo shot at the end.

As I said earlier, I fucking loved the ending. Alice accepting that of the two of them, she was the one who should die was a great moment as she had no idea the snivelling little woman next to her would turn out to have some strength after all. Luthers look at her as he thought she was about to die and then bam, Mary hits the shotgun and Alice nails him and then apologises while grinning at Luther
smile.png

Him throwing his coat away at the end symbolised the end of the characters for me, they will run off to Berlin or wherever and hopefully get his leg looked at :p

There was a brief look at a new David Morrissey drama shown before Luther started, maybe that will fill the new Luther & Alice sized hole in my life.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was a little bummed at first, until they started doing the mid-credits scenes, and then I was happy. I particularly liked the jacket of course. I know they left it a little vague on purpose, and we all pretty much have come to the same conclusion as to what is happening next, but I would have liked a little bit more concrete indication that Luther really was leaving Mary and everyone else behind to go be with Alice. Perhaps her saying something like, "Here's your passport" or something would have been perfect.

I'm still fucking bummed that it is over though. I'm not sure another Alice-like character will capture me quite the way she did. I mean, I fucking despised her at first. It's tough to make me love a character that I originally hated without changing her one iota, but they managed it somehow. Which is why she's so awesome. And of course Luther himself...well, we all know why he's so great, not worth getting into.

Pour some out for our homey Justin too. Poor guy.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Fucking fantastic end to a fantastic series. I fuckin love Alice and glad it ended like it did.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't read the interview yet, but it seems there is no way Alice would be a part of it, which kind of ruins it for me. I mean, Idris Elba is great and I'd watch just about anything he was in, but Luther without Alice is only great Luther, not awesome Luther.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
really late to the party on this one. i just marathoned the third series tonight and i thoroughly enjoyed it. im sad to see it go but im more than happy it had an ending. so many shows just stop without any finale and they leave you there with blue balls. anyway. good stuff. though i would not be me if i did not have a few nitpicks. but the only one i will say is the london PD are seriously lacking. seriously, those guys couldnt even reach the paragon towers before a man who has been shot in the leg. running in the streets, til finally commandeers a car and rushes up about a billion steps to have a showdown with marwin? haha. they are worse than the miami pd in the dexterverse..

anyway, gwen i saw your little comment about me in the first episode. you cheeky bastard.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Final episode of season 2 is one of the greatest, most tense episode of any show ever. The show' s willingness to kill off major characters at any time takes away they feeling you get with most shows where you figure "Well they're a major character and it's not a season finale so they'll be fine"

Only complaints about the series

The black bitch still having it out for Luther because he used the other guy's computer for about 5 seconds while nobody was around. Did she even ask him about that? That's really all she was going off of for the entire third season. If someone pours gasoline all over themselves and goes into a confined space with someone who has a lighter, a dead man's switch, and is batshit crazy and saves 100s of lives then YOU GET A FUCKING PASS for whatever minor bullshit he could have possibly done in those few seconds.

Police go after killers who have shotguns, but don't don't wear bullet proof vests or have guns themselves? I know London police don't always have guns at all times, but if you know you're going into situations like this I can't imagine they'd go this unprepared

Also, could someone really cause that much havoc with a squirt gun and a hammer? I know they have pretty strict gun laws over there, but come on. I can't see a crowded office building and subway being taken over by a skinny little guy with a hammer

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Final episode of season 2 is one of the greatest, most tense episode of any show ever. The show' s willingness to kill off major characters at any time takes away they feeling you get with most shows where you figure "Well they're a major character and it's not a season finale so they'll be fine"

Only complaints about the series

The black bitch still having it out for Luther because he used the other guy's computer for about 5 seconds while nobody was around. Did she even ask him about that? That's really all she was going off of for the entire third season. If someone pours gasoline all over themselves and goes into a confined space with someone who has a lighter, a dead man's switch, and is batshit crazy and saves 100s of lives then YOU GET A FUCKING PASS for whatever minor bullshit he could have possibly done in those few seconds.

Police go after killers who have shotguns, but don't don't wear bullet proof vests or have guns themselves? I know London police don't always have guns at all times, but if you know you're going into situations like this I can't imagine they'd go this unprepared

Also, could someone really cause that much havoc with a squirt gun and a hammer? I know they have pretty strict gun laws over there, but come on. I can't see a crowded office building and subway being taken over by a skinny little guy with a hammer
Planes have been taken over with box knives. Granted this kinda only applies to the subway (enclosed area), you could just leave the office.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There were multiple people with the box cutters and they weren't slashing everyone close to them. I can just chalk it up to Brits bring pussies, I guess as it's still one of the best episodes I've ever seen

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been so long, I dont even remember how last season ended, only thing I really remember is his partner getting blasted by a shotgun

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I forget how the actual case ended up, but he sort of walked off into the sunset with Alice. Which I thought was fairly perfect, but I'm not going to complain about more, particularly if Alice is actually in it again.