Mad God (2022)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Mad God (2022)

Tagline: A journey beyond your wildest nightmares.

Genre: Animation, Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction

Director: Phil Tippett

Cast: Niketa Roman, Satish Ratakonda, Alex Cox, Harper Taylor, Brynn Taylor

Release: 2022-06-16

Runtime: 83

Plot: Follow The Assassin through a forbidding world of tortured souls, decrepit bunkers, and wretched monstrosities forged from the most primordial horrors of the subconscious mind. Every set, creature, and effigy in this macabre masterpiece is hand-crafted and painstakingly animated using traditional stop-motion techniques. MAD GOD is a labor of love, a testament to the power of creative grit, and an homage to the timeless art of stop-motion animation. Ready your eyes. Ready your spirit. Prepare to meet your maker.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is suppossed to be a stop motion masterpiece. He started working on this in his own time before he had to stop and do effects for Robocop 2 and Jurassic Park.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Never even heard of this, but I'm intrigued.

Weird that we can't give reactions to the initial post in these sections. I'm sure it is the way the add-ons are programmed, but still weird.

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Did I just see a hippo having boobs as a butt (0:36-0:39)?

• 1Like

Goatface

it was very interesting to look at for the most part, but that was about all.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I tried to watch, but it just isn't my thing. I guess I should have realized it earlier since I hate Tool videos.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Same issue for me. About 20 minutes in I decided Im not interested in another hour of this.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Imagine being a film industry professional, working for 30 years on something . . . to have its release be on Shudder.

Goatface

Imagine being a film industry professional, working for 30 years on something . . . to have its release be on Shudder.

didn't know until after it came out on shudder, but it had been out for months (oct 21) and some parts years. From 2012 to 2020, he did 3 kickstarters raising little over $200k. the 3 parts added up to 38 mins. he then made another 45 mins to make the movie.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Just finished. I thought it was pretty fucking cool, but this sort of thing is right up my alley. I didn't care for the live action parts, but all the stop motion bits were messed up and awesome

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I watched it the other night, and it was enjoyable from the artistic / project standpoint.

I was reading about how long it took him to make it and how many people / film students he had working on it, and just to accomplish a big labor of love like this is pretty cool. It's just pretty mind-blowing how intricate everything was, and just imagining how long it took to craft and set up all of the shots, and just the sheer amount of time.

Will I ever watch it again probably not, but it was worth experiencing at least once. You just don't see somebody so dedicated to their craft everyday, and it's just worth appreciating what'll probably be what they consider to be their greatest work.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I wonder which film students were lucky enough to land the scene where the minotaur is getting jerked off by some demon chicks or whatever.

After trying to watch the movie and failing, I jumped around to see if anything caught my attention, and that's literally one of the scenes I landed on.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Not a huge fan of movies where you only really enjoy it if you know some crazy back story or what went on behind the scenes.

If a movie can't stand by itself then it didn't do it's job

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I wonder which film students were lucky enough to land the scene where the minotaur is getting jerked off by some demon chicks or whatever.

After trying to watch the movie and failing, I jumped around to see if anything caught my attention, and that's literally one of the scenes I landed on.
I think that's when the guy was driving around in the German Thing car.

Guess with all the different people he had working on it over the years, there's all these different little vignettes of goofy shit that somebody just decided to try to animate. It's one of the fun things about watching it that I enjoyed. Just to try and see and spot what all the weird things that are happening in the background, trying to spot those odd details.

I would be more interested and actually watching a documentary about how in the hell they actually made it, and what techniques go into crafting something like this. I don't know if there's any behind the scenes stuff, but I imagine they filmed something along those lines.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
If my kid likes Wallace and Gromit is this a good one for a 9 year old?

• 1Dislike

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If my kid likes Wallace and Gromit is this a good one for a 9 year old?

no. it has a lot of body horror and horror elements

As Void said above it's R rated for the most part. This isn't a "fun" movie. It's a horror piece.

• 1Like

Goatface

I would be more interested and actually watching a documentary about how in the hell they actually made it, and what techniques go into crafting something like this. I don't know if there's any behind the scenes stuff, but I imagine they filmed something along those lines.

1656111151971.png

saw a few vids of him giving tours of the studio, but this is only vid i saw with, i guess, an intern

i noticed a lot of easter eggs, like robby the robot, but apparently there are tons of stuff he/his team created in it. like robocop 2 brain in a jar

• 1Solidarity
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database