Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its a typically fun James Cameron movie but I think Aliens holds up better. T2 feels a little overrated in geek culture to me.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Aliens is my favorite of that bunch but Predator is a very close second. I think most people can see the flaws of MMFR but are amazed that someone had the balls to make this movie in today's market. As that article mentioned, movies like this just aren't made now and really weren't made too often before either. Lots of violence, action, and movement with very little filler. How many movies keep their focus and don't try to add cash by appealing to almost every demographic? Just an incredibly focused and tight movie overall.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Aliens is my favorite action movie, with T2 second. While I don't know yet if MMFR will hold up as well as they both do in my mind, it at least right now is in the conversation. Which isn't something I can say for any other action movie in the last 10 years.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No T2 love? For shame!

T2 has aged amazingly.
I gotta be honest with you, while I was in the theater waiting for mad max to start the new terminator trailer played and I turned to my buddy and said "Fuck dude. I didn't realize quite how amazing T2 was until just now. T2 looked better than that shit show molten metal we just saw. T2 might be the greatest movie ever"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think Independence Day needs to get some kind of honorable mention.

I mean, it's notgood, but it's also amazing.

T2 and the Matrix both changed movies forever, I feel.

I haven't actually seen Aliens in a very, very long time. I usually just watch the first one.

Oldbased

> Than U
Movies I've had around a long long time.
Star Wars 4/5/6. Mad Max and Road Warrior ( I saw all but first mad max in theaters as a kid with my dad including road warrior when I was 9 ).
Holy Grail. The Ice Pirates. Fight Club and Rocky Horror picture show. Robotech series.
Some of these I repurchased digitally or on blu ray since I don't have Beta/VHS/hell even DVD players anymore.
Aliens and others I never bought on anything but do own in my VUDU digi collection. Although I only purchased Alien and Aliens, the rest can rot in hell as far as I am concerned. I also love Predators( with Adrien Brody ) and the first Predators with AS.

Other movies I rewatch time to time is Demolition Man, V for Vendetta, Das Boot, Die Hard ( first one ), We were soliders and Christmas Vacation.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think Independence Day needs to get some kind of honorable mention.

I mean, it's notgood, but it's also amazing.

T2 and the Matrix both changed movies forever, I feel.

I haven't actually seen Aliens in a very, very long time. I usually just watch the first one.
Independence Day is a fun and entertaining movie, i saw it in the theater and found it quite satisfying. is it a masterpiece of fine acting? hell no, but then it doesnt need to be.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It amazes me that there are people who like movies who haven't seen this yet.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Independence Day was great. But I cannot forgive it for popularizing the disaster film genre.

Szlia

Huh?

rrr_img_98604.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
In the literary sense, Nux is the main protagonist of the movie, because he's the only one that goes through a full character arc. He begins the movie as a member of a suicide cult, his only motivation a deathwish. He experiences love, and learns the value of his own life and the value of other's lives. Then, with that knowledge, he chooses to die a meaningful death instead of an empty one.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I gotta be honest with you, while I was in the theater waiting for mad max to start the new terminator trailer played and I turned to my buddy and said "Fuck dude. I didn't realize quite how amazing T2 was until just now. T2 looked better than that shit show molten metal we just saw. T2 might be the greatest movie ever"
I saw T2 pretty recently, those effects do not hold up, they look like garbage. I mean, it was like 25 years ago so for its time it was amazing. But it definitely doesn't hold up today.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
In the literary sense, Nux is the main protagonist of the movie, because he's the only one that goes through a full character arc. He begins the movie as a member of a suicide cult, his only motivation a deathwish. He experiences love, and learns the value of his own life and the value of other's lives. Then, with that knowledge, he chooses to die a meaningful death instead of an empty one.
much wow

such deep

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I saw T2 pretty recently, those effects do not hold up, they look like garbage. I mean, it was like 25 years ago so for its time it was amazing. But it definitely doesn't hold up today.
luckily the practical effects and stan winstons artistry is also strong in that movie

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I'd kinda seen the trailer online already, but the most facepalmy groanworthy thing about it all was old ass Arnold. If it was at least just a reboot/remake/prequel I could be like, "well that will probably suck". But the Arnold inclusion puts it over the top to "this looks really fucking bad". Between that and Conan the Septuagenarian, I'm guessing Arnold needs some money after all the fall from grace when he got caught fucking his maid.

Siliconemelons

Saw it, was awesome... it felt very Madmax but not at the same time... but really- EVERY movie had a different feel to it- its just RW made Madmax and an entire genre so that's what most people mean when they say "madmax" - anywho I am glad miller got to do his vison of a "full chase" movie and did it well.

I rewatched all 3 movies this week leading up to it- and was holding my theory in- RW is the telling of the history of what became the "great northern" tribe- and Thunderdome the history of those that became the southern tribe- so I was thinking this would be the telling of the history of an east or west tribe... I kind of was right.