Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
when the fine pregnant chick was hit by a goddamn truck I gasped aloud.

SO FUCKING METAL

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The movie had a plot and had character development with character arcs. All this was also happening while the movie was a fucking awesome 2 hour chase demolition derby. In fact, it had more plot and character development than pretty much any recent action movie I can think of. That is one of the many reasons this movie was so good.
Exactly. Plenty to learn if you paid attention, lol.

Devlin

Golden Squire
The movie was imo a little bit of a modern day masterpiece of film making.

Yes it is very high intensity but the story plays out in an incredibly unique and clever way. The actors don't say a great deal but when they do the delivery is fantastic and their facial expressions tell a great deal of the story, this is what you get when you employ real actors and direct them properly. It reminded me of the difference between an actor and a movie star, Tom Hardy plays the character and people like the Rock play themselves and deliver lines.

Coupled with a finely crafted soundtrack and this is one of the best action movies of the past few decades.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm sorry, I legitimately WANTED to like this movie. Hell, I love action films. My issue is the lack of anything else. I wasn't able to shut my brain off that much, I guess. I was even midly buzzed when I saw it, so that shouldn't have been an issue!
Yes, the movie both looked and sounded cool, but that's ALL it had going for it. I'm one of those weirdos that actually likes a plot.

I'm sorry for having failed all of you and not living up to the board hype.
The movie had a plot. The storytelling was done in a refreshingly subtle way.

Devlin

Golden Squire
So early in the year I doubt it but it really does deserve a best movie/director/actor/actress nod.
It's a very unique concept to make an almost non-stop action movie with minimal dialogue where small camera shots and characters facial expressions tell a rich and heartwarming story with genuinely good character development.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
bullets come from bullet town. gas comes from gastown. unobtanium is unobtainable except under this tree.

I got some more work done last night on the new speakers. Tell me to fuck off if you don't want me to shit up this thread anymore
rrr_img_100952.jpg
a man building his own is worth 1000 shitty iphone snaps of something manufactured. i'd check out your progress photos over all of the fawning comments in this thread.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So early in the year I doubt it but it really does deserve a best movie/director/actor/actress nod.
It's a very unique concept to make an almost non-stop action movie with minimal dialogue where small camera shots and characters facial expressions tell a rich and heartwarming story with genuinely good character development.
Only Nicholas Hoult did a particularly good acting job in this film if you ask me. The two leads sorta phoned it in. Charlize Theron makes acting look effortless though, so it's hard to tell.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I agree, Hoult was the only real acting stand out. It's probably because his character had the most depth.

Siliconemelons

Random: was reading some Christian movie review thing because I heard them talking about "Max" and not to confuse it with "Mad Max" - "that rated R film" and then remember them talking about Jurassic World...so I looked up their rating .. Mad Max got 1.5 out of 6 for family friendliness and JW got 4... to me a story about kids getting trapped in a park with animals killings and eating everyone is more disturbing than watching some crazy people drive and wreck cars... but anywho the review mentioned that the people from the citadel where going to go raid for gas... that wasn't my understanding- to me it was a trifecta relationship- with Joe in charge via the water and bullet and gas town where supply/trade partners- why else would they SIGNLE gas town and ASK THEM for help to catch them once they ran off? ... oh well, more reason not to pay any attention to reviews etc.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It was like you said, some sort of close trade arrangement. Immortan Joe has water ( + milk = yikes ) they have gas/fuel and bullet-town has some method of making bullets. Things that everyone needs in that world.

Just like real world, close trade partners are usually also allies when needed in a conflict. They wouldn't want to lose their trade partner for water. Which is why they were immediately ready to help.

That Christian review place just got it wrong.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
He was Trading for the gas and bullets. I think he was offering Milk, Water would have made more Sense imo.

Joes back story From the Mad Max Wiki, source is the comics IIRC

Immortan Joe - formerly known as Colonel Joe Moore - was a veteran of The Oil Wars and a hero of The Water Wars. He formed a biker gang terrorizing the people after the fall. His gang included henchmen dubbed Major Kalashnikov (later known as The Bullet Farmer) and a strategist: Deepdog. With each battle the gang grew stronger by slaughtering the leaders of other gangs and taking the women. With that, his idea of bringing back society willingly took a dark turn. Eventually he and his gang entered the wasteland, where he would learn about a massive aquifer plant later known as The Citadel.

Out in the wasteland, Colonel Joe Moore spotted a group of rogue MFP officers (Roop Sarse & Charlie) killing a group of people. He sent out a war party that found a survivor (later known as The People Eater) with knowledge of the location of a massive aquifer built into a series of natural stone pillars in the wasteland, sitting on a lake of fresh water. After learning about the location of the aquifer, Colonel Joe Moore tried to bargain with its inhabitants, wanting to trade the captured women for water. His offer was turned down and his gang was attacked. He decided to look for water elsewhere.

Colonel Joe Moore sent scouts to look for water, but what they found was a derelict oil refinery and an abandoned lead mine. He also sent out disposable members of his gang to climb and inspect The Great Rock, but all of them were shot down

The harshness of that world blurred the edges of reality. People worshiped Joe like a god. Meanwhile Joe rebuilt the aquifer into The Citadel and scoured the land for resources. He reclaimed the Oil Refinery up North and used it to produce guzzoline for his armada. Dubbed The Gas Town it was run by the captured fat man who tipped Immortan about the location of the aquifer and he became known as The People Eater, reckoner human calculator.

Immortan Joe refurbished the abandoned lead mine and turned it into The Bullet Farm under the rule of his former gang mate, Major Kalashikov now known as The Bullet Farmer.

The legend of Immortan Joe captured the hearts of many and they traveled to The Citadel to seek for better life. They were known as The Wretched or The Triumvirate, standing at the lowest in the hierarchy, occasionally allowed to drink water from Immortan Joe's supplies. Only the healthy ones were taken by Immortan to become either Milk Mothers, Treadmill Rats, War Boys or Breeders. None of them knew what fate awaited them. The young boys were forged into fanatical believers of Immortan Joe's cult, becoming mechanics, worshipers of the V8 and Immortan Joe's greatness. However, Immortan Joe was fearful of his future seeing his sons unworthy of becoming his successors. He created a 'breeding program' in order to produce a healthy successor for his empire. He sought the healthiest and purest women and called them "The Five Wives". The Wives escaped his tyranny with help of Imperator Furiosa.