Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
960.jpg

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Found what looks like a decent copy online. I didn't get to see it on theaters due to newborn and plan to buy it when it comes out but wanted to watch it before that. Was previewing the DL and in some scenes at the beginning the people seem to be moving super fast. Wondering if this is how it is supposed to be or is it a bad copy...don't want to watch of it is messed up.

Malkav

French Madman
Found what looks like a decent copy online. I didn't get to see it on theaters due to newborn and plan to buy it when it comes out but wanted to watch it before that. Was previewing the DL and in some scenes at the beginning the people seem to be moving super fast. Wondering if this is how it is supposed to be or is it a bad copy...don't want to watch of it is messed up.
Yes, it's intended.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Am I right, that the sped up part is when he's being chased by the war-boys, through the cramped tunnels of the citadel.

Yeah if that's the bit, then I saw & felt it too. Likely done to give that sequence a frantic and overwhelming feel. the audience feels it like Max does.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I feel like it's also a relatively low framerate in the opening chase through the citadel.

Like he wanted it to feel choppy.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I saw this movie in the theaters. It was a crappy theater with a shitty sound system, the movie was slightly out of focus, there was some guy with a bad cough or itchy throat during the whole thing and you know what? I fuckin loved it. A really amazing movie grabs your attention and holds it even if it was projected onto a sheet in an alleyway with the sound coming through one burnt out speaker and a dude who smells like french fries staring at your foot the whole time.

The movie was a blast from the past with all kinds of updated twists. And it was made even better for me because my girlfriend who doesn't really like going to the theater, doesn't like violent movies and doesn't like people who smell like french fries, surprised me by taking me to see it. She had no idea what mad max was or about, and she loved it. This is the only movie we have gone to see in the theaters and I could die happy if it was the last.

I hope to Valhalla that this movie spurs a trend that sees a return to action fest blasts with more explosions than dialogue that don't suck. That would just be gravy on top of icing on top of cherries on top of awesome sauce.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I hope they don't make an unnecessary sequel to this, I really want to watch one but it would probably ruin it.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Considering they already signed with Miller to make like 3 more movies I would say you are SOL. I have faith though, they gave him his money and trusted his vision and he knocked it out of the fucking park with this one. They would be stupid not to let him do what he wants with the next ones.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally saw this, and it was awesome.

I really like the cinematography and the colour palette they used, it looked spectacular.

I like how they didn't sanitized Max for the 2000's sensibilities. He's still a loner, still mostly about his own survival. He helps and does good mostly for himself, rather than genuine desire to be good or because he cares, and that's refreshing.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Really didn't think it was that great. In fact so many parts were completely idiotic, starting from the opening sequence... Maybe it was better in the cinema? For some reason it kept reminding me of Dune.

putting this in tags but it really does not need to be. Have you ever been in a desert? if you have you would know how incredibly silent it is, it's one of the strangest things I have ever experienced complete and utter silence. Now imagine trying to sneak up on someone while driving a loud vehicle... For me it was like car tires squealing on a gravel road, it can't be done.

spronk

FPS noob
Blurays are out Sept 1st on amazon, you get 3D + bluray + digital for $30. I'd guess this goes on sale for $10 during black friday too, will make excellent xmas gifts. No special edition set in USA unfortunately
Amazon.com: Mad Max: Fury Road (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD +UltraViolet): Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, Nicholas Hoult, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Nathan Jones, Zoë Kravitz, Riley Keough, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Abbey Lee, Courtney Eaton, Josh Helman, George Miller, Iain Smith, Graham Burke, Doug Mitchell, P.J. Voeten, Bruce Berman, Brendan McCarthy, Nico Lathouris: Movies TV

special features
- Maximum Fury: Filming Fury Road
- Mad Max: Fury on Four Wheels
- The Road Warriors: Max and Furiosa
- The Tools of the Wasteland
- The Five Wives: So Shiny, So Chrome
- Fury Road: Crash & Smash
- I Am A Milker
- Turn Every Grain Of Sand!
- Let's Do This

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Really didn't think it was that great. In fact so many parts were completely idiotic, starting from the opening sequence... Maybe it was better in the cinema? For some reason it kept reminding me of Dune.

putting this in tags but it really does not need to be. Have you ever been in a desert? if you have you would know how incredibly silent it is, it's one of the strangest things I have ever experienced complete and utter silence. Now imagine trying to sneak up on someone while driving a loud vehicle... For me it was like car tires squealing on a gravel road, it can't be done.
When does someone sneak up to them in a vehicle?

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
opening scene. he's standing there eating a two headed gecko car door wide open crap scattered everywhere, no where near ready to move at a moments notice. "Oh darn someone's coming I better hurry up a pack this crap I have strewn all over and get the hell out because suddenly they're right on top of me" Not something you would expect from a "survivalist".