Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So today my coworker asked me what I thought about something he had just finished, and before I could say anything, he said, "Wait, let me guess...MEDIOCRE!?"

Valhalla awaits me.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
The roommate of my girlfriend said she watched the first 5 minutes and thought it was typical hollywood bullshit. She immediately apologized after she saw the way I looked at her.

I was about to get the chrome spray.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is a not insignificant chance if we have a girl next her name will be Furiosa.

spronk

FPS noob
Fury Road is up on stream sites?

The game comes out Sept 1 and is by the guys who did Just Cause. Australia/NZ is getting a collectors edition

04iUrwd.jpg

There was a rumor of a US/EU CE that was this, but with the release date creeping up it seems fake now
madmax.jpg

A close relative to me worked on this film and there is a complete script for a Furiosa prequel, an origin type thing. He had not read it and did not know if Charlize was contracted for more movies. OT somewhat, but it's not impossible we'll see more of this world.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Finally saw this on the weekend and it's hands down my favorite movie of the year, if not the last few years. The environment, costumes, makeup, and cars seethed with originality and realism. It deserves an Oscar for simply being visually incredible without the need for CGI, which imho has ironically become a boring crutch that simply throws an endless barrage of lights/movement at you that is impossible to mentally process. See the new Star Treks for an example of what I'm referring to..

This movie deserves an Oscar for cinematography, music, and costumes/makeup imho. I really hope they make a sequel...
9.5/10

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The SJW's got behind it because of a strong female character so they might do some good for once and carry it to a best picture nod.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Agreed, but I'm trying to be realistic. The movie wasn't artsy/faggy/esoteric enough to be nominated for Best Picture.
I don't know about that. Look at all the exposition he managed to do without dialogue. That's the kind of thing faggy esoteric films try and fail to do.

Of course, I'm not sure what it's up against. Can't keep straight when shit got released since I don't really care about the awards.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Gladiator at its core was still a drama with extensive dialogue and a love angle for the girlies. Mad Max is a two hour car chase with limited dialogue.

Again, I hope it gets nominated for Best Picture, but ultimately I'm too cynical based on the Oscar's historical picks.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Anything less than a Best Picture nomination would be mediocre.
Anything less than a complete sweep of the oscars would be mediocre. Even dumbshit awards like foreign film it should take considering it was made in africa by australians.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Okay so it's a lock in for the main Oscars. Best Picture, Best Director. Screenplay, best guitarist is a supporting harness.

And the acting awards:

Best Actor - Tom Hardy
Best Supporting Actor - Nux
Best Actress - Charlize
Best Supporting Actress - That dried up looking old lady - hey, she was good admit it.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay so it's a lock in for the main Oscars. Best Picture, Best Director. Screenplay, best guitarist is a supporting harness.

And the acting awards:

Best Actor - Tom Hardy
Best Supporting Actor - Nux
Best Actress - Charlize
Best Supporting Actress - That dried up looking old lady - hey, she was good admit it.
Done deal, yep, right on, signed seal delivered, it's a lock.

And don't forget, 'Best Fucking Movie Since Forever' - Fury Road

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Have they ever given a lifetime achievement award to a movie? If not, that should start this year. Don't give it to the man who made it yet, because we want him hungry while he does the next 2.