TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
rrr_img_99156.jpg
rrr_img_99157.jpg
rrr_img_99158.jpg
rrr_img_99159.jpg

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
movie was half an hour too long. it should have ended with mumbling max (couldn't understand a word of the 20 odd he said) heading off into the salt with a bunch of breeding hotties and grannies to raise the next generation of badasses. leaves room for a sequel and fits with the other max movies - "he's out there doing something, being awesome" as per the previous installations. sequel inc.

the ride back to the citadel was one / close up of supercharging engine / slamming nicely polished and stylised gearstick into 4th / too many. george millers cinematography doesn't seem to have evolved much in 30 years.

otherwise it was a great chase flick.

also the crippled heir dude is quentin. he's got some bones of chalk cripple thing going and he was famous years ago for being an "out there" cripple when previously they were shunned. terry willisee (like walter cronkite or something) used to interview him decades ago.Quentin Kenihan (@qkenihan) | Twitter

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I guess deciding to turn around and go back takes second place to when Ripley informed Bishop that they weren't leaving.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Movie felt like it was an hour long. They created an amazing world, and how the hell did they do those stunts? Great movie.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

also the crippled heir dude is quentin. he's got some bones of chalk cripple thing going and he was famous years ago for being an "out there" cripple when previously they were shunned. terry willisee (like walter cronkite or something) used to interview him decades ago.Quentin Kenihan (@qkenihan) | Twitter
Osteogenesis imperfecta. Brittle bone disease.

I agree with you, though, that it was a half hour too long, IMHO.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I took the oxygen tubes to mean that rictus had a problem. it's possible that the man is mentally retarded in some way and i missed the clues. (which would make sense if they want to show that he's putting out physically and mentally imperfect kids).
mad-max-trailer-international-pic.jpg

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Rictus-Erectus-1.png

Shit, that was 02? I just assumed it was a flame thrower. Didn't even think to question why he never used it. I guess now that I look at it in a still photo, I can see it looks more like an air filter. Maybe not oxygen then, just an air filter. But still, he looks as healthier than his old man.

Well if he needs oxygen tanks just to function his brain could have been damaged by an insufficient amount. He certainly was a dumber character. The two sons are obviously dumb brute and smart cripple archetypes.
When I saw the small guy I thought he was going to be Master. Maybe in a later film they will team up to become Master Blaster.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He cleaned up good. Had a suit and tie and everything.

I assume he wound up with a nice office in his own pig shit factory.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
In the comics backstory, both Immortal Joe and Rictus are breathing "clean air" as a privilege, cleaned by the filters on their shoulders/back. While Joe is certainly sickly and probably dying, the breathign apparatus isn't meant to keep him alive, it's just him enjoying it while he still can.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Went to see this film a short while ago. I had seen the trailers and thought "hmm... looks like live action Borderlands." And seeing as how I've played over 100+ hours of BL1 and BL2 that wasn't exactly a bad thing. Still, I wasn't really expecting much but oh boy! I haven't had this much fun at the cinema in a long time! They took it not too seriously, but still seriously enough. The guitar guy was an awesome addition. It was just one hell of a movie.

Siliconemelons

Went to see this film a short while ago. I had seen the trailers and thought "hmm... looks like live action Borderlands." And seeing as how I've played over 100+ hours of BL1 and BL2 that wasn't exactly a bad thing. Still, I wasn't really expecting much but oh boy! I haven't had this much fun at the cinema in a long time! They took it not too seriously, but still seriously enough. The guitar guy was an awesome addition. It was just one hell of a movie.
The fact that the guitar and the drums blended seamlessly into the music was awesome - breaking the 3rd wall? and then at the end? did miller go there?! ohhh new theory!