Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
That is the opposite of an endorsement. Dem titties, tho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
tbh I'd want a prequel for this old bitch
7844ae0aa131a58793498eb2385d7dcb.jpg

KaXo5M6yhGw8hSNAt2jfjUbw209BooR6wxsVU3VB-zAeMCtGGX29oUMBQ092M-MdIHK9maw_YY8vnqg9VTwJCR8GDvhA5dPb1JHUZOaxHYI.jpg

CfFWkRJ6ZECyfz6-0WdGIXVG5wTM6jIiNsw0UxypO_MzfJXsa9iyMyrTEcOH8gKzSzqLKW8Yhy18b2TLz764D2TNAq8bnHsCtwjiV1EsU5x4UK8NlUNF7LXEhOB9Tw

Furiosa is a cool character, but is there really much to explore? She worked for the local ruler and then betrayed him. We saw the betrayal, do we need to see the justification?

But the keeper of the seeds? How did she survive for so long while clearly giving no shits and being feral? She didn't even lose an arm doing it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I probably just need to finish the original Mad Max, I started it last night and made it about 30 minutes in. It's a little rough ahha. How did they go from 1970s Australia to end of the world in Fury Road?

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I probably just need to finish the original Mad Max, I started it last night and made it about 30 minutes in. It's a little rough ahha. How did they go from 1970s Australia to end of the world in Fury Road?
Watch the Road Warrior.

• 5Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
all the movies are sort of loosely related. i think the writer/director said that it was similar to the old conan stories in that there's no real timeline, there's no real overarching story, it's just events that a guy named mad max is experiencing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would also watch The Road Warrior first, as it is the most like Fury Road and, as Joot says, they are all only loosely related. Off hand, I cant think of a single plot point outside of a dude driving a car in Australia, that are common among the 3 old movies.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
First movie is about a general breakdown in society where he is a cop during the collapse and road gangs are the antagonist. It is honestly the weakest movie, but still has good parts and sets up everything else. Second movie is when the world is full on post apocalypse (supposedly a bunch of wars fought over the last of the oil ect) but there are still people around who remember what things were like before civilization went tits up. Third movie is same setting but a little later and full on 80s cheese in parts (Tina Turner as the antagonist, ect), but has some of the most memorable lines outside of Fury Road. Fury Road is sort of a soft reboot set sometime between the second and third movies by all accounts.

But yeah the only real constants are that a bunch of mercs who fought in the oil wars set themselves up as warlords in the wasteland and that nukes or other hazards facefucked the world to the point where Austrailia is even dying off. I believe the white powder you see Joe and others using (along with the resperators) is cadmium to ward off radiation and chemical warfare agents from their time in the Oil Wars. The cities, such as they are, that exist do so solely from some badass controlling some key resource (usually food or fuel) that makes other badasses trade with them and the derps flock to them to survive. Bartertown and Immortan Joes citadel are the two most fleshed out examples the movies have show.

I could see that actress working in the role (she cannot be more batshit than Theron) and a solid prequel story. The only way I see a shit product from this team is when Miller dies and Disney has JJ Abrams making remakes of the series the day after he gets stuck in the ground. Up until now, Miller has been pretty tight fisted on controlling what is done with this IP, even when it comes to comic books or video games (Mad Max game had play issues, but story was solid).

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would also watch The Road Warrior first, as it is the most like Fury Road and, as Joot says, they are all only loosely related. Off hand, I cant think of a single plot point outside of a dude driving a car in Australia, that are common among the 3 old movies.
Common thread is Max losing his mind because his family is killed (First Movie) and he gradually becomes disconnected from humanity due to what he goes through just trying to survive. But yeah, Road Warrior is all you need to get going as it has the first movies major points in flashbacks or exposition. What made the first one important is that it created the whole car wars genre and everyone involved with all of these movies got their start in it, creating a lot of stunt techniques whole cloth.

• 2Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Farscape you fence suppository loving phillestine.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Hugh Keays-Byrne -- the actor who impressively played the bad guy in both the original "Mad Max" and "Mad Max: Fury Road" 36 years later -- has died

He was also the Toecutter in Mad Max 1

RIP
4d4c767ac111c0b67eb16e2ec1a18c91.gif

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Hugh Keays-Byrne -- the actor who impressively played the bad guy in both the original "Mad Max" and "Mad Max: Fury Road" 36 years later -- has died

He was also the Toecutter in Mad Max 1

RIP
4d4c767ac111c0b67eb16e2ec1a18c91.gif
May he ride eternal
shiny and chrome

1607026861315.png

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users