Madden

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
20,260
45,064
Holy shit that's a retarded take
100% correct.

I rewatched David Lynch's wild at heart the other evening because I haven't seen it in a long time and it's pure awesome Cage. It's on prime I think, and worth the revisit.

He's a great actor, and not a movie star. Difference being is he can actually portray something completely and radically different versus just always being Nicolas Cage.
 
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
16,565
20,465
Lots of great actors have been in shitty movies; lots of great actors have had clunkers where they aren't shown in their best light in the role. And your opinion is your opinion, I guess, and I love you bro but this is a:


Manga No GIF by DAZZLE SHIP

You don't have a nearly 50 year movie career because you are a "shitty actor".



Because John Madden was a giant (6'4") and Frank is almost a midget (5''7"); also Frank is a comedian and has zero (0) oscars, while Nick Cage has one (1) win and two (2) nomitation for Best Actor.

A comedian doing an impression is taking some of their speech and idiosyncrasies and exaggerating them as a joke.

It's not even close to the same thing as a 2 hour biographical drama.

And anyone who thinks that Cage being the only redeemable part of some terrible movies, is somehow proof he's a bad actor, shouldn't be taken seriously
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
31,705
26,395
And anyone who thinks that Cage being the only redeemable part of some terrible movies, is somehow proof he's a bad actor, shouldn't be taken seriously
Which fucking movies are you watching? He is not the only redeemable part of any movie anywhere. The only good cage movies are Raising Arizona (which was good despite him) and Ghost Rider (in which he was mostly CGI)

I looked through his filmography and Windtalkers and Matchstick men weren't ruined by him, so I guess they count as good cage movies.

He is godawful. I would say he's like nails on a chalkboard, but nails on a chalkboard never bothered me. I don't turn off movies often, but most of them that I have were cage movies. A woman once told me she liked him because of his sex appeal, so now I just assume anyone who is a cage fan must be a woman or a rainbow coalition homosexical. Which one of you cage superfans wrote this?


nicolas-cage-made-me-gay-zine.jpg
 
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Dental Dammer
2,892
3,283
Cage is a terrible actor. No matter what movie he's in he's just playing himself. Dracula nick cage, spiderman nick cage.

No way he can pull off an actual different character. This is going to be retarded
 

Caliane

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
17,011
15,833
Cage can be hit or miss. But that is kind of irrelevant. that portrayal of Madden, we can see in the trailer is awful. At no point was I able to get the feel of that portraying Madden. no suspension of disbelief, nothing.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user