Magic DOTP 2014

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Magic-2014-Duels-of-the-Planeswalkers-Chandra-Full.jpg

New features that should be free - now you can pay for them in a new version, yay
biggrin.png

- sealed deck - virtual booster packs - unwrap them make a deck of your choosing. Yes, you can pay for MORE sealed deck slots. Money is only paper and you don't like forests anyway.
- attack all - it only took WotC 4 versions of DOTP to include this, huzzaaaah.
- reduced graphics, no more fancy table lag - yaaaay.
- less clothes on your least favorite char, Chandra - awesome.
- mana manually adjustable in deck manager - no more bs mana dryness, massive.
- you can now randomize decks - mindblowing.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/213850/
http://www.wizards.com/magic/digital...eswalkers.aspx

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Are the "decks" fully customizable yet? Or are you still stuck with certain cards/rosters/precons?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It's the same as before with the regular decks afaik. They've added a new game mode though, which I tried a bit, where you unwrap boosters and make a deck with them - fighting other unwrap decks and earn new boosters by winning. It's okay, reminds me of doing the very same thing in closed tournaments when The Dark was hot.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Sealed Deck ?

I'll probably wait and either get it on sale or maybe next year version, I think I played the last one for like 6 hours before i got bored.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Sealed deck, bingo. It's fun though
smile.png

Regular single player decks have a fixed starting 35 cards + 25 mana (60 total), you can unlock an additional 30 cards and exchange between them as you see fit. Mana you can adjust yourself, which is pretty neat.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Sealed Deck ?

I'll probably wait and either get it on sale or maybe next year version, I think I played the last one for like 6 hours before i got bored.
Better to get it now while you pretty make money by buying the game.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
It's the same as before with the regular decks afaik. They've added a new game mode though, which I tried a bit, where you unwrap boosters and make a deck with them - fighting other unwrap decks and earn new boosters by winning. It's okay, reminds me of doing the very same thing in closed tournaments when The Dark was hot.
The Dark was never hot. Even the day it came out...

Chris

Potato del Grande
Curious that they set the ending of this and the home of the new baddie on a plane from Planechase, why wouldn't they use Ravnica more and develop one of the THREE new Ravnica planeswalkers?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
For those of you who want the Scavaging Ooze promo I suggest you get is ASAP because there will be assholes out there (cough, cough) that will be printing out 5 vouchers and going to 5 local gaming stores to get a playset as well as one for their EDH. (shifty eyes)

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
For those of you who want the Scavaging Ooze promo I suggest you get is ASAP because there will be assholes out there (cough, cough) that will be printing out 5 vouchers and going to 5 local gaming stores to get a playset as well as one for their EDH. (shifty eyes)
Not really a big deal, if stores run out they get more from WotC.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not usually, no. They get a certain allotment of promos based on whether they're gateway, core, or advanced stores.
WOTC has started sending lots of stuff in waves - my local store is quoting an expectation of three waves for DOTP promos. (They got two waves on MM for example)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The second 'wave' of MM didn't come from Wizards, that was the local distributors, and that was what was leftover from wave 1. Wave 2 of MM was a myth perpetuated on message boards by people who don't understand the difference between product shipped by wotc direct and the local distributors.

Vaclav

The second 'wave' of MM didn't come from Wizards, that was the local distributors, and that was what was leftover from wave 1. Wave 2 of MM was a myth perpetuated on message boards by people who don't understand the difference between product shipped by wotc direct and the local distributors.
You run a high tier LGS? Because that was from discussion with the SCG affiliate from DC - and they stated "from WOTC" not distributor. (And in fact they're large enough these days that they do some distribution since Chessex bought out and gutted The Armory) - and when they got ship 1 in it was on a two pallets with WOTC warehouse tagging on it and none I saw over the plastic. I'd be highly surprised if they misled me on the matter. I'm a VIP enough that they let me grab mine literally minutes after they took the stores portion off the pallet, the customer pallet wasn't even unwrapped at that point. (The store stock was 2/3 of the first pallet apparently)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I work at an advanced level store. The highest tier of LGS. SCG is another whole thing entirely. They do more to promote MTG's brand than Wizards does, in a lot of ways.

Northerner

N00b
Hah! So, I bought the new version figuring what the hell, I put in a lot of hours on the other ones for some reason and at $10 I save money just thinking about it.

The new 'sealed' version is fun! It should be the default! ... Then I figured out that they want me to **BUY** new 'slots' to play more of this mode. That's so far beyond sensible that I am just speechless.

Vaclav

What version you running North? If its PS3 you can just start more profiles for more "deck slots" - I'd imagine the same for 360. On PC you can probably delete the local files.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It's in OP - you were warned here, hehe. But yeah, sealed deck is awesome, totally funzies
smile.png

Vaclav

And I agree completely on Sealed - and it's helpful on the wallet for me too - since I do MTGO sealed faaaaaaaar too much. (I usually at least break even since I'm decently rated [1800-1900 depending on the day] but when a dry spell hits it should be beautiful for saving $$)

The format of Sealed especially has started to get the wife back into MTG a bit, she always had a bad time with deck construction and the "Auto-Build with what you started" bit is really helping her get some ideas of synergy and such with building a deck.