Magic DOTP 2014

Northerner

N00b
On PC you can probably delete the local files.
Hehe, apparently not so much. Gogo power of the cloud!~

Will experiment perhaps later but they really appear to have screwed this up from a player perspective. Multiplayer Sealed should be just like normal... draft and build then play. Instead they have everyone using their preconstructed decks from their "slots" which misses all the fun of the sealed format entirely.

I *love* the idea of busting open fake packs of cards and trying to make good decks out of them. I sure as hell am not paying $10 a crack for a set of slots which are burned as soon as I use them once and for cards that are dead in any other format. Imagine going to drafts where you don't get to keep any of the cards hehe.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If it's like DOTP13 the local files aren't under the primary directory in Win7. Ended up in something under Documents or that section of the drive. Since Sealed doesn't require online (I've done it with PSN off for the PS3 variant) - I can't imagine it's "Clouding" them.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
As soon as someone figures out how to delete the sealed decks let me know please. During beta they only gave you 1 slot but at release they give you 2 and after that it is only $2 to get more slots so it is really cheap compared to the entertainment value you are getting out of this. With that said, I want to keep my first sealed deck for sure. 3 nighthawks, 3 pacifisms a hippy and a DoJ to start while opening another nighthawk is redic lol. If only you could 2HG with your sealed decks as you can only use the campaign decks.

With that said, if you like magic, or have liked it in the past, for $10 there is hours upon hours of fun in here and well worth the price.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Soundtrack: Planar themes and the licensed I Fight Dragons song as MP3s
Did anyone get the special edition? I was too cheap, but kinda dig the music :S Can't seem to find it through the regular channels this early :S

velk

Trakanon Raider
As soon as someone figures out how to delete the sealed decks let me know please.
That's already been done, but it doesn't help you - there's a random seed tied to your usename or something like that, so when you get a new deck it will have the same cards as the first one.

Vaclav

That's already been done, but it doesn't help you - there's a random seed tied to your usename or something like that, so when you get a new deck it will have the same cards as the first one.
Heh, so I was right that it was doable - just... already considered on WOTC's part for PCs.

So weird that consoles have such an obvious workaround and PC doesn't though.

Vaclav

I'd be game - under the signup thing on that page I take it?

Nope - signed up but don't see how to join the Spark Mage group.

nurdi_sl

shitlord
If you bought it for PC on Steam I've noticed at least 2 bugs when minimizing and maximizing the game. It's my go-to during League loading screens =].

As for the game, it's pretty good so far. Very comparable to 2013 thus far and the additional graphics are a nice touch. Never realized how OP some of the newer cards were since I haven't had much time to play with Dragon's Maze yet.

Xalara

Golden Squire
If you bought it for PC on Steam I've noticed at least 2 bugs when minimizing and maximizing the game. It's my go-to during League loading screens =].

As for the game, it's pretty good so far. Very comparable to 2013 thus far and the additional graphics are a nice touch. Never realized how OP some of the newer cards were since I haven't had much time to play with Dragon's Maze yet.
Are any of the Dragon's Maze cards in this? I haven't seen any so far.

nurdi_sl

shitlord
Ok, so I've played it a bit more. Seems there aren't many, if any, DM cards. My bad. I haven't had time to play more than a few hands. It does seem, however, that they are using cards no longer considered standard. Shrug...still entertaining. I hate the fact that in 2v2 you can't juts find games - it's auto-quick match.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
One thing I would like to see for DOTP 2015 is the ability to pick your deck BEFORE you start the campaign. That way you know which people you have beaten with which deck so that you an fully unlock each deck as if it was the first.

I would also like it if they didn't preview which card is your next unlock for those of us who like to be surprised.

The ability to speed the game up with a slider under options would be great as well.

Lastly, after you get a new card, it would be nice to have an option to go right to the deck editor to tweak it instead of having to go out 4 menu screens to do so.

Otherwise for $10 I have gotten all sorts of hours of entertainment from this.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I wish they made a smartphone version, would love that for long commuting / travel. Maybe next year I guess.

Saban_sl

shitlord
I play it on my Galaxy Note, but its a battery destroyer and its locked my phone up requiring a hard restart twice.