Making a Murderer (Netflix) - New info

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I want to know how you slit throats, stab, strangle, rape, and shoot and leave zero DNA evidence where the crime supposedly occurred. These two aren't Dexter, they're both borderline retarded.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I want to know how you slit throats, stab, strangle, rape, and shoot and leave zero DNA evidence where the crime supposedly occurred. These two aren't Dexter, they're both borderline retarded.
You don't. It's pretty much impossible unless you're a seasoned forensics investigator and have the chemicals and know how. Clearly they are not that. The other troubling thing is the excused juror in episode 10 basically coming out and saying he was excused because he wouldn't cooperate with a guilty verdict. Because he wasn't an inbred hillbilly and used logic to see that there was no way there wasn't reasonable doubt involved here.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
You don't. It's pretty much impossible unless you're a seasoned forensics investigator and have the chemicals and know how. Clearly they are not that. The other troubling thing is the excused juror in episode 10 basically coming out and saying he was excused because he wouldn't cooperate with a guilty verdict. Because he wasn't an inbred hillbilly and used logic to see that there was no way there wasn't reasonable doubt involved here.
Yeah, well.... spoiler alerts

What. The. Fuck.

Look, I ain't saying that Steve is innocent. No clue, wasn't there. But that shit show of a prosecution and the evidence they put forth? No way did they meet any burden of proof to return a Guilty verdict. No way. If the professional defense team didn't even do 40% the job that the producers of the show did, still no way. No blood anywhere?! No murder weapon, no knife that we know of, no bullet match to the .22 rifle he owned that we know of. A key with NONE of her DNA on it and only his?! The blood in the RAV4 just because... because he killed her, put her in the back and then took her out and roasted some marsh mellows instead. Literally nothing made sense, not one sense was made. Not to mention guilty on Count 1 but not Count 2 of mutilating a corpse? So like... oh well he killed her sure, but all that other shit we just don't buy.

Then Brendan... this poor child. Someone posted earlier that his IQ was, what 72? But they said his verbal IQ was below 70. And they had not a single shred of evidence. Like even less circumstantial evidence than for Steven. And a fucking jury listened to all that and found him guilty on all accounts?! The actual fuck?

Again, just no idea. Dudes could be as guilty as me of sneaking one more piece of pie tonight before bed. But nothing that we saw came even close to a jury of peers being able to unanimously convict two people of being imprisoned for the rest of their lives.

Oh... spoiler #2

FUCK THAT COUNTY. Never driving through there. NNNOOOOPPPPEEE

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
holy shit, this shit man. just starting episode 5, don't know the outcome yet, but fuck. man. fuck.

You know at the end of Dear Zachary when at least they got canada to pass a law to protect children from murderous psychopaths?

not knowing anything else on how this ends, just from what i've seen so far through episode 4. If the end result of this netflix series isn't a law to protect retards from police railroading then we as a nation have failed our retards.

We can't let canada beat us here guys.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I agree with the author's opinion that Avery probably did it, but the cops also planted sexy bonus evidence to secure the conviction.

I certainly believe that there was a tremendous amount of police misconduct in this case. I believe the police helped the case against Avery along by planting evidence (and there's no doubt in my mind that they planted the RAV4 key in Avery's trailer). I also don't believe the prosecution's theory of events: There's no way Halbach was raped and had her throat slashed in the trailer without a speck of DNA evidence, and there's no way she was shot in the garage without any blood splatter evidence. After all, if Avery had somehow used bleach to erase all trace of Halbach's DNA, he would've also cleaned the garage of his own DNA (and the garage still contained lots of Avery's DNA).
It's also super fucked up that a prosecutor is allowed to hold a news conference before the trial and paint a gruesome picture of what they think happened.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
After watching that, I agree with his lawyer at the end. I really hope he did it, because everything that went along in both of those trials was disgusting, as presented. The pretrial story telling, the constant searches, the total lack of evidence, the confession of a potato boy, it goes on.

But the thing that struck me most was the dismissed juror saying that 7 of the jurors were leaning not guilty and 2 more were undecided when the cases were rested, but the 3 people who thought he was guilty were adamant and would not be swayed and probably came in thinking he was guilty. And then they changed their votes not because they changed their mind, but because they were tired and weak willed and just knew that the 3 guilty voters were never gonna back down.

I know jury duty is a punchline most of the time, but for most people it is the biggest service you will provide to society. Not being able to take that seriously and put aside your own shit and evaluate only what was put in front of you is shameful. 'A jury of my peers' is a terrifying statement, because I know just how stupid most of them are; even though they are supposed to be on my side, at least to start, and give me a fair shot.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't think so? I mean you know Adnan has been in jail the entire time, right? Not really a spoiler what the jury's decision was there.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm finishing up episode 3. God damn, dudes. We should all thank baby jesus every day that we aren't the target these people pick to railroad.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Just finished watching this series over the last few days. Holy fuck.

Jury of your peers is scary. I remember when I had jury duty that actually went to a trial for felony weapon possession the case was completely weak and shoddy, but there were two people who refused to see that. Our initial vote 2 people said guilty. One guy who was very stubbornly arguing for guilt, and another dumb old bitch that just kept saying 'He may not be guilty of this, but I know the type, he's guilty of something so I say we put him away!" It was crazy to watch people start to slowly gravitate toward 'well, maybe he is guilty' before I and a few other people got involved and talked the dumb old bitch down and the stubborn guy finally angrily said something like 'I know he's guilty but I don't care and just want to go home so I'll vote not-guilty' which is scary bullshit in itself as you shouldn't just go with the flow because you want to go home. It was a terrifying experience all around.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I just don't understand, how the fuck do you live with yourself when you do this? Not the murder, obviously just starting episode 4 I have no idea if the guy did it or not. But they straight up railroaded him for the rape. 18 years, bros.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
the part where he knew the plates days before they knew the vehicle really stayed with me. that and how shitty the vehicle was hidden on a huge ass scrap yard THAT HAD A CAR CRUSHER.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just started this last night - I'm fascinated by missing persons and murder mysteries so this is all really interesting. Only 2 episodes in but I wanted to call in and watch the whole thing.

I'll probably avoid this thread in case people start posting spoilers or something.

Caliane

I just don't understand, how the fuck do you live with yourself when you do this? Not the murder, obviously just starting episode 4 I have no idea if the guy did it or not. But they straight up railroaded him for the rape. 18 years, bros.
no bad tactics, only bad targets.
he is poor, uneducated, and has a history of violence.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
He's also retarded. 73 iq. The nephew is clocking a 72 iq. He's just older, though he's spent almost his entire adult life in prison. As a retard.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't think he had a history of violence, just a history of non violent criminal activity (burglary). I could be remembering that wrong though.

EDIT: Nevermind, somehow forgot about that whole threatenening his female cousin at gunpoint thing